Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Da 8f Seed in Da West, who you got?

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    blew it
    Lillard is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Lillard is a beast.
    4 threes in a row......

Good game. But Lillard is incredible.

Lakers have been playing the spoiler really well. Hate that we still have one more game against them.

we really can't catch a break. other than lakers stealing one in san antonio, EVERYTHING has gone wrong basically the last week it seems. one bad stretch for us and we are screwed

clippers game tomorrow is HUGEEEEEE
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 03-06-2018 at 12:04 AM.

Well. During that soft 11 game stretch earlier this season, I was told it is damn near impossible to win 11 games straight. Schedule be damned.

Now they've won 8 straight against a tougher stretch of games with a more depleted roster. Meaning the talent was always there.

Really drives home the point of opportunity missed. The Blazers should be a good 3 - 4 games behind the Pelicans right now.

we really can't catch a break. other than lakers stealing one in san antonio, EVERYTHING has gone wrong basically the last week it seems. one bad stretch for us and we are screwed

clippers game tomorrow is HUGEEEEEE
    Think about how the Jazz must feel.

They have won 15 of their last 17 games and have climbed from 10th place all the way to 10th place.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Think about how the Jazz must feel.

They have won 15 of their last 17 games and have climbed from 10th place all the way to 10th place.
    Houston- Dubs- Portland & Pels are 35-0 -- win streaks right now. With Jazz 50-2. . But I was using Top 4 in west. BTW- Gasol- possible serious Shoulder injury. Spurs are in a LOT of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Why look at the 8f seed?

The real race is 5 through 10th

OKC 32-25
    Blazers 31-26
    Nugs 30-26
    Pels 30-26
    Clips 29-26
    Utah 29-28

Six teams and 4 spots all within 3 games. If we can play the way we have the last 2 going down the stretch I like our chances. Gentry might deserve some credit! Lol. Should be a great finish to the season.

Plus the twolves play Houston tonight so they will likely have 25 losses as well. It's really tightening up!
    This post certainly didn't withstand the test of time!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Houston- Dubs- Portland & Pels are 35-0 -- win streaks right now. With Jazz 50-2. . But I was using Top 4 in west. BTW- Gasol- possible serious Shoulder injury. Spurs are in a LOT of trouble.
    Spurs could get possibly the best 2-way player in basketball back any day. The team believes Leonard is ready, but Leonard doesn't think he's ready.

Reading tea leaves, Leonard appears to be a bit frozen by his pending contract situation. Imagine you've got the winning powerball ticket, but can't claim it for 5 months. That's the situation Leonard is in. And he's looking around seeing guys get hurt and/or playing hurt and losing value. It's not the way we'd want a superstar to approach the end of the season, but if you've already been a Finals MVP and won a title, and this doesn't look like a year you can make the Finals, wouldn't you be cautious?

All that to say - if the organization makes a commitment that they will give him the super max extension this summer, I think he'd suit up next week. So Spurs aren't out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    The Spurs lost Kawahi and are still a top 4 seed. That's is the power of street knowledge.
    Nope!

If Pels finish in the top 4, I'd give Gentry coach of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If there is one thing that we have learned about the Spurs, it’s that them boys will be fine.
    UNO- Care to rethink this ? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Spurs could get possibly the best 2-way player in basketball back any day. The team believes Leonard is ready, but Leonard doesn't think he's ready.

Reading tea leaves, Leonard appears to be a bit frozen by his pending contract situation. Imagine you've got the winning powerball ticket, but can't claim it for 5 months. That's the situation Leonard is in. And he's looking around seeing guys get hurt and/or playing hurt and losing value. It's not the way we'd want a superstar to approach the end of the season, but if you've already been a Finals MVP and won a title, and this doesn't look like a year you can make the Finals, wouldn't you be cautious?

All that to say - if the organization makes a commitment that they will give him the super max extension this summer, I think he'd suit up next week. So Spurs aren't out of it!
    Anyway? Where are you getting that info ? Spurs were aiming for mid-late March. Plus, they play @GS @OKC & @Houston. Then Orlando---- then PELS-T-Wolves-Dubs-Wash-Utah-Bucks-Wash-OKC-Houston-LAC-LAL & Port. Spurs are in TROUBLE.

UNO- Care to rethink this ? Lol.
    No. Do you?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Nope!
    It’s like the weather in Blain, Missouri, give its 15 mins, and it will change again.

Anyway? Where are you getting that info ? Spurs were aiming for mid-late March. Plus, they play @GS @OKC & @Houston. Then Orlando---- then PELS-T-Wolves-Dubs-Wash-Utah-Bucks-Wash-OKC-Houston-LAC-LAL & Port. Spurs are in TROUBLE.
    It's March 6th. Mid March is literally 9 days away. That doesn't qualify as "any day"? Also, there were reports that they think he's been ready, but he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    It's March 6th. Mid March is literally 9 days away. That doesn't qualify as "any day"? Also, there were reports that they think he's been ready, but he doesn't.
    OK. Mid-Late is NOT anyday. Early-Mid is anyday. It truly doesnt matter what the teams timeline is. If Kawhi says hes not ready, then he aint playin. SO, for fairness sake, lets split mid-late March in the middle & say he comes back March 22-23. Spurs would have already played DUBS (2x's), Houston, Minny, Wash, OKC, Pels & UTAH on the 23rd. Assuming Kawhi plays on the 23rd against Utah-- 25th Mil----27th Wash---29th OKC----1st HOU ! You truly think he is playing 36 minutes per & is in Basketball shape? SPURS are in trouble ! Especially NOW with Gasols possible injury.

This year is insane.

starting the day with playoff odds at 79%

root for:

rockets @ thunder (rockets 5 point favorites) --- W
    mavericks vs. nuggets (mavericks 6 point underdogs) --- surprising W
    knicks @ blazers (knicks 10 point underdogs) --- L
    and obviously pelicans @ clippers (pelicans 2.5 point underdogs) --- HUGE W

incredibly important night tonight. obviously just the pelicans winning would be a massive win, especially being a road underdog facing a team also fighting for the playoffs and the tiebreaker coming into play. not expecting any help from the knicks (though blazers played last night), but rockets should win and mavs have a decent shot at pulling the upset at home. i believe we could end the night anywhere between the 3 and 7 seed

rockets took care of business in okc, mavs upset denver, AND pels beat clips. HUGE day

pelicans playoff odds increased from 79% to 90% at the end of the day
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 03-07-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Looks like Kawhi is coming back.

- Spurs star forward Kawhi Leonard provided an update on his recovery from right quadriceps tendinopathy on Wednesday, saying he could return "soon," while acknowledging he's open to the idea of finishing his career in San Antonio.

"I don't have a set date right now [for return]," the 26-year-old Leonard said. "The progress I've been making has been great. [The pain] is diminishing. It's hard to explain, but I'm definitely better. I feel better, and I'm feeling more comfortable."
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-antonio-spurs

starting the day with playoff odds at 79%

root for:

rockets @ thunder (rockets 5 point favorites) --- W
    mavericks vs. nuggets (mavericks 6 point underdogs) --- surprising W
    knicks @ blazers (knicks 10 point underdogs) --- L
    and obviously pelicans @ clippers (pelicans 2.5 point underdogs) --- HUGE W

incredibly important night tonight. obviously just the pelicans winning would be a massive win, especially being a road underdog facing a team also fighting for the playoffs and the tiebreaker coming into play. not expecting any help from the knicks (though blazers played last night), but rockets should win and mavs have a decent shot at pulling the upset at home. i believe we could end the night anywhere between the 3 and 7 seed

rockets took care of business in okc, mavs upset denver, AND pels beat clips. HUGE day

pelicans playoff odds increased from 79% to 90% at the end of the day
    How were these Odds calculated exactly? 3 games out of 9th with 19 games left & we are 90% ? Wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This year is insane.
    Top 4 --- up to 39-0 ! & Ill throw Utah in also ! 54-2 & , as you have pointed out! They have Rocketed up the standings going 15-2 . lol

Top 4 --- up to 39-0 ! & Ill throw Utah in also ! 54-2 & , as you have pointed out! They have Rocketed up the standings going 15-2 . lol
    It's just the craziest year I've seen in as long as I can remember. I can't ever think of a time when this close to the end of the season there's a real risk of any team between 3 and 10 landing in almost any spot in that range.

I mean there's a real possibility that teams 3 and 4 could just as easily be teams 9 and 10 and we only have 19 games left!

GSW won 48 games in 2007 and missed the playoffs, that is the only season I can remember that resembles this one. Denver won 50 games and was the EIGHTH seed! 1st seed through 6th seed was separated by 2 games.

How were these Odds calculated exactly? 3 games out of 9th with 19 games left & we are 90% ? Wow?
    no clue. i'm using 538's odds. basketball reference and ESPN have their own playoffs odds too, but i just picked one site to keep it consistent and easy

Thread Information