Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Da 8f Seed in Da West, who you got?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    If our record is better than minny and Denver and OKC I will be thrilled. If we can move ahead of them and get 6th seed and face Portland with injured Lillard I like our chances. I’d rather Portland than Houston. If we somehow get in and face GSW it will be intriguing because they aren’t near as good without curry. Look at the games they lost. Most of them were games curry didn’t play. So if we got GSW I wouldn’t be too pessimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want grits to be on the playoff roster with a healthy Ian Clark.

Of course the Warrriors get called out by Steve Kerr for an embarrassing performance against the Pacers tonight. Now the Pels have zero chance against the Warriors since we are next up on their schedule and they will be motivated to play well in that game. That makes the Suns and Clippers games must-wins now.

Then again, it'll be pretty demoralizing if they lose after being called out.

Kill the head and the body will die. Can we say that in this sport?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    Of course the Warrriors get called out by Steve Kerr for an embarrassing performance against the Pacers tonight. Now the Pels have zero chance against the Warriors since we are next up on their schedule and they will be motivated to play well in that game. That makes the Suns and Clippers games must-wins now.
    I have a strong feeling the refs will help the Warriors get out of their slump on Saturday.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 04-06-2018 at 06:00 AM.

Hey everyone !
    Can someone explains to me the concept of «magic number» ? I’ve seen it quite often but i don’t really underdstand it ! I just know it’s 3 right now

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Equates to the number of wins we need to make the playoffs no matter what any other team does. When you reduce the magic number, you have to rely on certain other results going our way (essentially).
    Magic number is Pels wins/opponents losses added together . If the Magic Number is 4, it means 4 must be reached by any combo of our wins + opponents losses. If Magic Number is 4 & We win 2 & opponent loses 2- Magic Number has been reached.

What Tinman said

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    What Tinman said
    Try some arithmetic . 5 games left. Team A is 25-10 Team B 23-12 . Team A needs 29. Thus MN #4. Team A Wins 2 (27 wins)... Team B loses 2. (most wins is 26) Thus Team A has just clinched. The amount of wins can change by 1 or 2 in one night. It can never change directions. But can be expedited . Thus Team A W's + Team B L's = equals amount of differential needed to reach goal.
    Last edited by Tinman; 04-06-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Our magic number is 3 now btw. With a win against Phoenix it becomes 2. With a win we also move into 5th place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Our magic number is 3 now btw. With a win against Phoenix it becomes 2. With a win we also move into 5th place.
    I know that. My point is that MN# changes are NOT only affected by our wins. It is also affected by opposing teams losses. The variables in this race are so enormous, it's mindboggling.
    Last edited by Tinman; 04-06-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I know that. My point is that MN# changes are NOT only affected by our wins. It is also affected by opposing teams losses. The variables in this race are so enormous, it's mindboggling.
    I wasn't arguing with you. I was just updating what the number was for everyone before the game tonight.

That's why I didn't quote you.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 04-06-2018 at 12:24 PM.

I'm still confused....oh well..

Quote Originally Posted by Saints#34 View Post
    I'm still confused....oh well..

About what?

Just the math, so many scenarios. Wish we had another cupcake on our schedule in these last 3 games.

And the Clippers are eliminated. No more Clippers in the running.
    Basketball.

Is that good or bad for our next game? Will they throw in the towel or play pissed off and try to knock us out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Cheaney View Post
    Is that good or bad for our next game? Will they throw in the towel or play pissed off and try to knock us out

Who knows? I'm hoping they give up but we can't be certain I guess.

In case anyone was still unaware of how trash the Eastern conference is.

We lose and SA and OKC win we go from 5th to 9th.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 04-07-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheaney View Post

Absolutely good. They wil have half their locker rooms cleaned out before the game & players will be planning vacay's .

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Absolutely good. They wil have half their locker rooms cleaned out before the game & players will be planning vacay's .
    That's what I'm hoping.

I want Portland in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Said dame coming back vs spurs

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I wouldn't mind that. Honestly, shy of the Rockets, I don't really think there's any team we couldn't take on in the first round. So basically, we just have to avoid 8th.

Thread Information