Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Da 8f Seed in Da West, who you got?

A sound assessment.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Let's hope the new shaven look snaps Niko out of his shooting slump. Fresh start

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Gotta win tonight. Win tonight. Win vs PHX. Then get 2-3 more wins...

We have a few major problems. Minny, Denver, OKC, Utah all own tiebreaker against us. Spurs will too if we lose to them again.

If we can win 4-5 and one of those wins is against the SPURS I think we could get 5th or 6th seed. We have to finish with 47-48 wins to get a decent seed. We really can’t afford to screw this up. We’ve come this far. It’s time to finish STRONG!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

We have a few major problems. Minny, Denver, OKC, Utah all own tiebreaker against us. Spurs will too if we lose to them again.

If we can win 4-5 and one of those wins is against the SPURS I think we could get 5th or 6th seed. We have to finish with 47-48 wins to get a decent seed. We really can’t afford to screw this up. We’ve come this far. It’s time to finish STRONG!!!!!

We only have 5 games left. So after these 2 if we win 2-3 more you are basically asking us to only lose 1 more or go undefeated to finish the season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

That's incorrect . We OWN the tie-break vs OKC .

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    That's incorrect . We OWN the tie-break vs OKC .
    That's good to know. I hadn't paid attention to OKC's tiebreaker but with how bunched we are that could be handy.

Also now that I'm thinking about it, can't the Spurs only tie us if they win the next game meaning they can't own the tiebreaker with us? They are fighting to keep us from owning the tiebreaker over them.

We will get in if we win 3 games . It will be great to win the next 3 , plus either Golden State or the Spurs.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Lakers beat the Spurs.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Lakers beat the Spurs.
    Thank you LAKERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    We will get in if we win 3 games . It will be great to win the next 3 , plus either Golden State or the Spurs.
    To win the next three we'd have to beat Golden State considering:

@Phx, @GSW, @Clips, Spurs

Realistically I could see us splitting the next 4. GS owns us even without Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Realistically I could see us splitting the next 4. GS owns us even without Curry.
    Coming down to Spurs at home again

What a treat

Will the Lakers streak and knock the Jazz and the Wolves down a game?... I'm suddenly a fan. I had a blast watching that young team last night. Let's go Lakers!

Pop loses 2 in a row to inferior teams at the end of the season in a tight playoff race... Still Coach of the Year candidate.

Gentry loses 4 games to playoff teams ranked higher than us, after a 10 game win streak (tied for longest in team history) and a 4 game win streak, while trying to piece together a roster that has sustained the largest amount of injuries in the entire league, and is only half a game back from the Spurs... Should be fired immediately everything is his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Pop loses 2 in a row to inferior teams at the end of the season in a tight playoff race... Still Coach of the Year candidate.

Gentry loses 4 games to playoff teams ranked higher than us, after a 10 game win streak (tied for longest in team history) and a 4 game win streak, while trying to piece together a roster that has sustained the largest amount of injuries in the entire league, and is only half a game back from the Spurs... Should be fired immediately everything is his fault.
    It's a weird phenomenon. The Spurs have been without Kawhi all season, but have otherwise not had to deal with masses of injury (guys have missed games or been out at times but San Antonio sit somewhere in the middle of the pack for games lost due to injury) and Pop is getting hailed as a genius (which he is, in fairness) for getting this short-handed team to a playoff spot.

Meanwhile, Gentry is being lambasted daily for his work, yet we're only 0.5 of a game behind San Antonio despite easily leading the league in games lost due to injury; we've lost over 325 games due to injury compared to San Antonio's 175-ish.

If anything, those stats imply that Gentry has done a brilliant job.

Edit: the only other teams to have at least 250 injury lost games this year are LAC, Phoenix, Memphis, and Dallas. That means we are the only team with at least that many games to even be in firm playoff contention. The nearest Western Conference playoff team in terms of injuries lost is Utah, who have lost about 225. Over 100 less than us.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 04-05-2018 at 09:57 AM.
    Basketball.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar

�� I know, right!!?? I almost don't even need to post anymore, because we are pretty much 100% in agreement on our assessments (other than Cousins getting fouled on the last shot of Atlanta game). and you always beat me to the punch, which is fine for my lazy ******!

Such is the life of an NBA coach.....I guess you forgot what happened to George Karl after being named NBA Coach of The Year in 2013 season and winning 57 games for the Nuggets
    Now that was a travesty. With all due respect Gentry is not even close to having that type of season and injuries are part of the game in any sport.

Such is the life of an NBA coach.....
    The point was to show the hypocrisy of some Pels fans.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Such is the life of an NBA coach.....I guess you forgot what happened to George Karl after being named NBA Coach of The Year in 2013 season and winning 57 games for the Nuggets
    Now that was a travesty. With all due respect Gentry is not even close to having that type of season and injuries are part of the game in any sport.
    That firing was based on his poor relationship with nearly everyone in the org, both players and front office. Your example is not apt.

But it shows how not just winning is going to guarantee a coach's job. We have no clue what kind of relationship Gentry has with Loomis or even Demps.
    In Gentry's case he has no feathers (playoff appearances) in his cap so it is imperative he makes it to the playoffs, if even as an 8th seed. The Pelicans
    will have a hard time putting butts in the seats next season under the same regime with no playoff appearance to show for this season. Believe me
    upper management knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    That firing was based on his poor relationship with nearly everyone in the org, both players and front office. Your example is not apt.

Instant Gritzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post

Instant Gritzzzzzz
    Instant. Grits.

This news makes me a lot happier than it should....

Instant Grits has been a favorite of mine since he was here last year. Irrational love for a player, yeah probably so, but I don't care.

This news makes me a lot happier than it should....

Instant Grits has been a favorite of mine since he was here last year. Irrational love for a player, yeah probably so, but I don't care.
    He was bad at running the point though.
    Maybe because he is a scorer and not a distributor.

Makes more sense than LD III.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    He was bad at running the point though.
    Maybe because he is a scorer and not a distributor.

Makes more sense than LD III.
    At best he is a combo guard. When we cut him while Rondo was injured we really needed more of a true PG. Now I think we are alright with him as a combo. I see he and Ian as pretty similar players.

We've kicked the tires on Drew a bit now and he just doesn't quiet have it.

Thread Information