Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Da 8f Seed in Da West, who you got?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    So the bucks definitely choked this game away
    Unbelievable- with 5:29 in 4th, it was 107-91 ! And bullet head Jason Terry is gonna foul Murray shooting a 3 as time expires.Un freakin believable.

all you can do is laugh at this point. team sends out the playoff emails and everything and immediately collapsed

The Bucks are the Pelicans of the East except they don't have injuries as an excuse.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Last week I was fairly confident we were making the playoffs. Now I don't know what's going to happen.

Worst time to go on a 3 game losing streak.

pels playoff odds down to 64%. denver up to 33%. clips 18%

Its getting a little tight around the collar.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

estimated denver point spreads remaining:

nuggets -4 vs. pacers
    nuggets -5.5 vs. wolves
    nuggets +4.5 @ clips
    nuggets -2 vs blazers
    nuggets +3.5 @ wolves

basically, they could easily win or lose any of those. 5 tough games.

pelicans' remaining spreads look more like this:

pelicans -11.5 vs. grizz
    pelicans -7 @ suns
    pelicans +7 @ warriors
    pelicans +4.5 @ clips
    pelicans -1 vs spurs

pels have the 2 highest probability games, a couple tossups, and the toughest game

just from a mathematical standpoint, it would be unlikely for denver to win more than we do over these last 5. next 2 games are legit must wins. then probably just gotta win 1 of the last 3.... but if we continue playing like we did today, AD will be watching the playoffs from his couch again

nice job bucks

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    estimated denver point spreads remaining:

nuggets -4 vs. pacers
    nuggets -5.5 vs. wolves
    nuggets +4.5 @ clips
    nuggets -2 vs blazers
    nuggets +3.5 @ wolves

basically, they could easily win or lose any of those. 5 tough games.

pelicans' remaining spreads look more like this:

pelicans -11.5 vs. grizz
    pelicans -7 @ suns
    pelicans +7 @ warriors
    pelicans +4.5 @ clips
    pelicans -1 vs spurs

pels have the 2 highest probability games, a couple tossups, and the toughest game

just from a mathematical standpoint, it would be unlikely for denver to win more than we do over these last 5. next 2 games are legit must wins. then probably just gotta win 1 of the last 3.... but if we continue playing like we did today, AD will be watching the playoffs from his couch again
    You should quit with your point spreads. You're basically not close on several of them. Plus, you do realize that point spreads are based on ALL factors, including what happen the night before. Please Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You should quit with your point spreads. You're basically not close on several of them. Plus, you do realize that point spreads are based on ALL factors, including what happen the night before. Please Stop.
    lol..."estimated"...i'll post what they actually are when they come out. i guess you'll be surprised how close to accurate those will be

lol..."estimated"...i'll post what they actually are when they come out. i guess you'll be surprised how close to accurate those will be
    Uhh, I guess you aren't a betting man. Estimated PS! No such thing . I mean, really? 2pt difference is huge. Heck, a 1 point difference is big. So, nice word salad, but estimates when posting a point spread is utter katywampus !

Uhh, I guess you aren't a betting man. Estimated PS! No such thing . I mean, really? 2pt difference is huge. Heck, a 1 point difference is big. So, nice word salad, but estimates when posting a point spread is utter katywampus !
    i'm not trying to get anyone's bets on here lol just trying to give an idea of how likely we are to win each game

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I’m very disappointed in the pelicans. What’s wrong with AD? He’s just not the same. Is it that ankle injury? He’s not playing aggressive enough.

We are in serious trouble. Minny, Denver and Jazz all have the tiebreaker. Spurs will probably have tiebreaker as well. If we win the next 2 I still won’t be relaxed. We really need to win 4 out of 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm not trying to get anyone's bets on here lol just trying to give an idea of how likely we are to win each game
    That's kinda like writing a paper on War & Peace after only reading 250 pages.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Playing with AD hurt changes everything. We could finish last 5 by going 1-4. PHX and Memphis have nothing to lose. SPURS are looking invincible. GSW is better than us and even with injuries they should beat us. CLIPPERS will be playing with urgency and desperation if they have a chance to get 8th seed.

We have to get Memphis, PHX and Clippers. If we do that and get lucky and beat spurs I will be shocked

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Playing with AD hurt changes everything. We could finish last 5 by going 1-4. PHX and Memphis have nothing to lose. SPURS are looking invincible. GSW is better than us and even with injuries they should beat us. CLIPPERS will be playing with urgency and desperation if they have a chance to get 8th seed.

We have to get Memphis, PHX and Clippers. If we do that and get lucky and beat spurs I will be shocked

I agree...We are going to be in a lot of trouble if we don't beat Memphis and Phoenix. Spurs/Golden State could be a long shot...Clippers we need that win too. We basically need to win 3 of 5...Which is very achievable.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I agree...We are going to be in a lot of trouble if we don't beat Memphis and Phoenix. Spurs/Golden State could be a long shot...Clippers we need that win too. We basically need to win 3 of 5...Which is very achievable.
    I've been saying for awhile now that I have us at 46 wins with potentially being 45. I expected us to go 500 or sub 500 to finish out the season after that 10 game win streak.

I think 45 wins *might* get us in but it will be very close and it might not be enough. If we get 46 wins I think we get a spot. That would basically require Denver to go undefeated or maybe only lose 1 game to end the season and I don't think they do that.

42 had a good write up on how our magic number currently is 4. If we win 4 of our last 5 we are guaranteed a spot no matter what, so 47 wins.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 04-02-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I've been saying for awhile now that I have us at 46 wins with potentially being 45. I expected us to go 500 or sub 500 to finish out the season after that 10 game win streak.

I think 45 wins might get us in but it will be very close. If we get 46 wins I think we get a spot. That would basically require Denver to go undefeated or maybe only lose 1 game to end the season and I don't think they do that.
    If I am looking at it correctly...If we go 3-2 over the last 5...Nuggets have to go 4-1(they own tiebreaker)...Their schedule is tuff and I don't see them winning more then 3 games. Clippers would have to win out in this scenario...I see them losing one game. I agree...Our magic number is winning 3 games of the 5 which would be 46 wins on the year...We need help from other teams if we are at 45 wins. I would not be so worried if Milwaukee would not of screwed up that win last night against Nuggets.
    Last edited by msw2024; 04-02-2018 at 11:32 AM.

That's kinda like writing a paper on War & Peace after only reading 250 pages.
    It is clear that this is not a betting site, so I do not think the intent was to be precise on the actual betting point spreads. It does estimate how many games each is favored to win at least.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    If I am looking at it correctly...If we go 3-2 over the last 5...Nuggets have to go 4-1(they own tiebreaker)...Their schedule is tuff and I don't see them winning more then 3 games. Clippers would have to win out in this scenario...I see them losing one game. I agree...Our magic number is winning 3 games of the 5 which would be 46 wins on the year...We need help from other teams if we are at 45 wins. I would not be so worried if Milwaukee would not of screwed up that win last night against Nuggets.
    Ok good. That's what I thought but I hadn't checked Denver's remaining games in a week or so.

47 wins we are guaranteed no matter what. 46 wins we aren't "guaranteed" but odds are really good in our favor.
    45 wins is where it starts getting sketchy and we start needing some help from other teams.

thanks for nothing pacers

Don't forget when counting your magic numbers, the Nuggets play the Wolves twice. If Denver gets their magic number it will likely be by knocking them off both games. Utah plays Portland and GS.....those two teams won't be going all out but they are still tough.

In other words, there are WAY more variables in play that favor us. We just need to knock down our games. Let the chips fall.

And that whole silly argument about spreads is....just weird. Let the man post his spreads.

Or woman. However you identify.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Half a game out. Gulp

Pelicans playoff odds down to 63%. Nuggets up to 41%. If we somehow lose tomorrow, they pass us

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Don't forget when counting your magic numbers, the Nuggets play the Wolves twice. If Denver gets their magic number it will likely be by knocking them off both games. Utah plays Portland and GS.....those two teams won't be going all out but they are still tough.

In other words, there are WAY more variables in play that favor us. We just need to knock down our games. Let the chips fall.

And that whole silly argument about spreads is....just weird. Let the man post his spreads.

Or woman. However you identify.
    If We win the next 2, then it is OKC that will be playing for their lives. JMO-> but I say that Steve Kerr is going to do Alvin a solid & rest his biguns against us. Just a hunch. & if LAC loses tonite, they are toast.

Thread Information