Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Da 8f Seed in Da West, who you got?

Miami doing us a solid.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Here's to hoping the Warriors dump the Spurs tonight. Quinn Cook having himself a game. I always thought it was a mistake letting him go.

Well so much for the Warriors helping us out tonight. They decided to REST their entire starting lineup...............geeeeeez!

Every time we need the Warriors to win, they make sure they lose. Lol.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Here's to hoping the Warriors dump the Spurs tonight. Quinn Cook having himself a game. I always thought it was a mistake letting him go.
    Cook and Jrue starting backcourt would have been nice!

We just need Denver and the Clippers to keep losing.

There's 10 teams fighting for 8 spots so if those 2 continue to lose we are guaranteed a spot. At some point there won't be enough games for them to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We just need Denver and the Clippers to keep losing.

There's 10 teams fighting for 8 spots so if those 2 continue to lose we are guaranteed a spot. At some point there won't be enough games for them to catch up.
    They could easily lose three or four of their next five; Wizards, Sixers, Raptors, Thunder.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    PELICANS are good enough to compete in the playoffs. I hope we make it. I want to get the 5th or 6th seed. If we could get the 4th seed great.... it’s possible. I don’t want the warriors or the rockets in the first round. I do think we could beat Utah, OKC, Portland, Minny or Spurs. I have a feeling we’ll get in and face Portland or OKC or Utah.

Remember, we have AD. Jrue and Rondo can step it up playoff time. I LOVE Diallo and I’m totally on the Diallo bandwagon now. I see him emerging as a very good young backup who plays defense and can score. He hustles. Put him on the floor with AD. The kid is going to prove he’s a steal.

I like our chances. If we get steady offense from Niko and Diallo steps up along with Miller and Moore I like our chances. Okafor is a piece that will help playoff time. We have a team of high bbiq players. If we play DEFENSE and AD explodes in the playoffs anything can happen!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    PELICANS are good enough to compete in the playoffs. I hope we make it. I want to get the 5th or 6th seed. If we could get the 4th seed great.... it’s possible. I don’t want the warriors or the rockets in the first round. I do think we could beat Utah, OKC, Portland, Minny or Spurs. I have a feeling we’ll get in and face Portland or OKC or Utah.

Remember, we have AD. Jrue and Rondo can step it up playoff time. I LOVE Diallo and I’m totally on the Diallo bandwagon now. I see him emerging as a very good young backup who plays defense and can score. He hustles. Put him on the floor with AD. The kid is going to prove he’s a steal.

I like our chances. If we get steady offense from Niko and Diallo steps up along with Miller and Moore I like our chances. Okafor is a piece that will help playoff time. We have a team of high bbiq players. If we play DEFENSE and AD explodes in the playoffs anything can happen!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't like our chances against Utah

Thank You Atlanta!

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Thank You Atlanta!
    Jazz lose at home to ATL the worst team (record wise) and have their 9 game winning streak broken.

Go Rockets!!!

That hurts to say.

Got damn Atlanta won too? This day couldn't be more perfect for us

I'm not worried about catching Portland for 3rd, lock in 4th

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Got damn Atlanta won too? This day couldn't be more perfect for us

I'm not worried about catching Portland for 3rd, lock in 4th
    Agreed. 3rd is so unlikely at this point, just gun for 4th and get home court.

Down the stretch based on odds favorite:

Spurs - 11 games remaining / Favored in 10: Wsh, Uth, @Mil, Atl, @Dal, Uth, @Den, @Lal, Mem, Den (odds finish 50-32)

Trailblazers - 11 games remaining / Favored in 6: @Mem, Mem, Lac, @ Dal, @Den, Uth (odds finish 50-32)

Timberwolves - 10 games remaining / Favored in 9: @NY, Mem, Atl, @Dal, Uth, @Den, @Lal, Mem, Den (odds finish 50-32)

Thunder - 9 games remaining / Favored in 5: Mia, Por, Den, @Mia, Mem (odds finish 48-34)

Jazz (11 games remaining) - Favored in 5: @Dal, Mem, Lal, LAc, @Lal (predicted finish 45-37)

Odds are Nuggets and Clippers finish under .500 and out.

And Odds say Pelicans clinch the 6 seed (49-33) by winning 8 of 11 - favored in Ind, Lal, Por, Okc, Mem, @Phx, @Lac, and Sas. Predicted losses at Cleveland, Golden State and Houston.

Most critical will be the game against OKC on easter which gives us tie breaker. That would allow us in this scenario to still finish 48-34 and get 6th seed.

If there are any upsets in these odds, likely to be the unpredictable San Antonio Spurs. Odds say they beat Portland at home on Apr 7th and take the 3rd seed, but lose that game and then the final game on April 11th in New Orleans and they could fall down to 7th seed.

Hope for some upsets - and just keep winning. It will not be easy to get 6 seed or above, but considering the events of this past season, i would be very happy if we did.

And as Atlanta over Utah last night reminded us, anything can happen.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    Down the stretch based on odds favorite:

Spurs - 11 games remaining / Favored in 10: Wsh, Uth, @Mil, Atl, @Dal, Uth, @Den, @Lal, Mem, Den (odds finish 50-32)

Trailblazers - 11 games remaining / Favored in 6: @Mem, Mem, Lac, @ Dal, @Den, Uth (odds finish 50-32)

Timberwolves - 10 games remaining / Favored in 9: @NY, Mem, Atl, @Dal, Uth, @Den, @Lal, Mem, Den (odds finish 50-32)

Thunder - 9 games remaining / Favored in 5: Mia, Por, Den, @Mia, Mem (odds finish 48-34)

Jazz (11 games remaining) - Favored in 5: @Dal, Mem, Lal, LAc, @Lal (predicted finish 45-37)

Odds are Nuggets and Clippers finish under .500 and out.

And Odds say Pelicans clinch the 6 seed (49-33) by winning 8 of 11 - favored in Ind, Lal, Por, Okc, Mem, @Phx, @Lac, and Sas. Predicted losses at Cleveland, Golden State and Houston.

Most critical will be the game against OKC on easter which gives us tie breaker. That would allow us in this scenario to still finish 48-34 and get 6th seed.

If there are any upsets in these odds, likely to be the unpredictable San Antonio Spurs. Odds say they beat Portland at home on Apr 7th and take the 3rd seed, but lose that game and then the final game on April 11th in New Orleans and they could fall down to 7th seed.

Hope for some upsets - and just keep winning. It will not be easy to get 6 seed or above, but considering the events of this past season, i would be very happy if we did.

And as Atlanta over Utah last night reminded us, anything can happen.
    Spurs will not be favorite in 10 of 11 games.

BTW- Where did you get your SPURS schedule from? Its completely WRONG! They play New Orleans, Portland, @Washington, Houston, @Clips. They DONT play Memphis, they dont play Utah 2x's, they dont play Atlanta What gives?
    Last edited by Tinman; 03-21-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Spurs will not be favorite in 10 of 11 games.

BTW- Where did you get your SPURS schedule from? Its completely WRONG! They play New Orleans, Portland, @Washington, Houston, @Clips. They DONT play Memphis, they dont play Utah 2x's, they dont play Atlanta What gives?
    I thought that list looked wrong - idk where that came from. Number is right though. Vegas odds currently favor SA in 10 of 11.

Spurs play Wsh, Uth, Okc, Hou, Por, Sac at home - being in SA, they favored in all but the Hou game

Road is @mil, @wsh, @lac @lal, @no - spurs will be favored in all these games.

Like i said, they have been so inconsistent i think it likely they only win 7-8 of these, but still odds are in their favor.

I thought that list looked wrong - idk where that came from. Number is right though. Vegas odds currently favor SA in 10 of 11.

Spurs play Wsh, Uth, Okc, Hou, Por, Sac at home - being in SA, they favored in all but the Hou game

Road is @mil, @wsh, @lac @lal, @no - spurs will be favored in all these games.

Like i said, they have been so inconsistent i think it likely they only win 7-8 of these, but still odds are in their favor.
    Spurs will not be favorite @[email protected]@NO---@Denver & possibly Pickem vs @LAC !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Spurs will not be favorite @[email protected]@NO---@Denver & possibly Pickem vs @LAC !!
    Yes Inconsistent - but they are the Spurs and i've been watching these guys go into playoff mode down the stretch for 20+ years. I would love to finish ahead of them for once, but i'll believe it when it happens.

Yes Inconsistent - but they are the Spurs and i've been watching these guys go into playoff mode down the stretch for 20+ years. I would love to finish ahead of them for once, but i'll believe it when it happens.
    Of which 18 of them included Tim Duncan & under 35 Ginoboli & Duncan. These ain't your daddy's Spurs.

Any word on Jrue?

Quote Originally Posted by jben_net View Post
    Any word on Jrue?
    Yea, he's playing with no minute restrictions (woo!). Check left of the PR homepage, a few twitts reporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Yea, he's playing with no minute restrictions (woo!). Check left of the PR homepage, a few twitts reporting it.
    That's because it was rest.
    So obvious so he can go all out against Ola.

Win tonight against Lakers & we grab Home Court advantage for the moment.

Depending on what Golden St. does with their starters, I wouldn't call it an upset if the Pelicans beat them at their place. That game is up in the air.

Thread Information