Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Da 8f Seed in Da West, who you got?

Gentry already said yesterday he expects AD to play.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Gentry already said yesterday he expects AD to play.
    Well yeah, but after the Kings game AD said he was fine. He could have easily played Friday to avoid that embarrassment. Nothing confirmed yet for today

edit: now he's definitely playing. jazz still favored by 1.5
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 03-11-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We belong in the playoffs. We just had a 10 game win streak. Mythrol, you know we’re not going to finish under .500. I know you’re nervous but we got this. We have the best player on the planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    We belong in the playoffs. We just had a 10 game win streak. Mythrol, you know we’re not going to finish under .500. I know you’re nervous but we got this. We have the best player on the planet.

He didn't say we were going to finish under .500. He said we were going to have a sub .500 record over the remaining schedule, which is a perfectly reasonable conclusion when looking at the strength of schedule, and more importantly, the lack of rest time between games. 48 wins still gets us into the playoffs easily.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    He didn't say we were going to finish under .500. He said we were going to have a sub .500 record over the remaining schedule, which is a perfectly reasonable conclusion when looking at the strength of schedule, and more importantly, the lack of rest time between games. 48 wins still gets us into the playoffs easily.
    I know he said 8-9. It’s a tough schedule ahead but I’m just saying the 10 game win streak should give us confidence that we will finish the last 17 games more like 10-7. We will win win win!!!!

We got the cheat code

I know he said 8-9. It’s a tough schedule ahead but I’m just saying the 10 game win streak should give us confidence that we will finish the last 17 games more like 10-7. We will win win win!!!!

That would be big from a seeding standpoint. Hope you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    This. With how our schedule falls and how many playoff teams are left I'd expect us to go 8-9 or 9-8. Right around 500.

Maybe it swings one way or the other but I'd expect to error on the side of slightly more losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This. With how our schedule falls and how many playoff teams are left I'd expect us to go 8-9 or 9-8. Right around 500.

Maybe it swings one way or the other but I'd expect to error on the side of slightly more losses.
    Our schedule is tough. Do you think they’re going to make it to playoffs?

Our schedule is tough. Do you think they’re going to make it to playoffs?

I have no idea. There's never been so many teams so close together with so few games left that I can remember.

I fully expect Utah to make it. Which means 1 team has to fall out.

Who will it be between Pels, Thunder, Spurs, Nuggets, and Wolves?

Out of that list I kind of expect it to be us but I just don't know. I would have thought Denver falls out but their schedule is a cake walk the rest of the way compared to us.

Maybe the Spurs fall but Kwahi is coming back, which makes the game against us next week HUGE.

Thunder and Wolves both could fall but I just don't know. We were expecting GS to get each of them another loss this week and GS failed miserably.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 03-11-2018 at 06:19 PM.

The DPOY and the ROY play for the Jazz.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Well I won't count this team out. Our coaching staff just doesn't seem to run very disciplined practices, so we unfortunately don't see a focused team until they play on the road. Otherwise you see dumb shots at the worst times and dumb turnovers and dumb fouls when they play at home.

Gentry would have been a perfect assistant coach when Monty was here.

entering the day with playoff odds at 77%

root for:

kings @ thunder (kings 12.5 point underdogs...) --- L
    rockets vs. spurs (rockets 11.5 point favorites) --- W
    heat @ blazers (heat 6.5 point underdogs; wade and whiteside OUT of course) --- L

pretty boring day that probably won't make much of a difference. kings probably won't help us. rockets should win at home. heat probably lose @ portland without wade and whiteside. same ole injury luck for pelicans

no surprises as all the big favorites won. playoff odds still at 77%. tomorrow looks to be a massive day with lots of important games
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 03-12-2018 at 11:54 PM.

good news: pelicans won, nuggets lost

bad news: wolves won, thunder won, clippers won, spurs won, jazz won

playoff odds increased from 77% to 80%.
    blazers 98%
    wolves 96%
    jazz 93%
    thunder 91%
    clippers 58%
    spurs 53%
    nuggets 32%

two of the above teams will miss it. right now looks like nuggets and either clippers or spurs but long way to go still. our game @ spurs (without kawhi still) on thursday is huge

This team may want to make the playoffs, but do they WANT to make the playoffs?

This is getting intents.

Well, back to the 8th seed

Quote Originally Posted by SuperchargedCP3 View Post
    Well, back to the 8th seed
    We're currently the 6th seed after tonight's games. Portland took care of business against the Clips.

Golden state with out their players can the still beat the spurs tonight? Hopefully

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

If we win these next 3 games (which is going to be very hard) I think that puts us basically in the playoffs.

I've never watched 3 Pelicans games in a row, this gon be gud

If we win the next 3 (which is our hard 3 games in 3 nights) then that puts us at 43 wins with 9 games left to play.

After that our remaining schedule is:
    Houston, Portland, Cleveland, Thunder, Memphis, Suns, Warriors, Clippers, Spurs.

Win 3 of those last 9 and we are at 46 wins, which I think gets us in.

The Timberwolves have an extremely easy stretch coming up after the Clippers game where they play 5 straight tanking teams. Not much help there.

The Spurs have a brutal stretch coming where they play 8 straight playoff teams. So hopefully they take a dive.

The Clippers have a pretty rough run to end the season, similar to ours. 11 out of their last 13 are against playoff (I include competing teams in this too) teams.

The Nuggets have a decently rough end of season as well. 11 of their last 12 are playoff teams. Including their next 6 games being on the road. Only 4 home games left.

The question becomes, if we win 6 more games to finish out the season can the Clippers or Nuggets catch us? That would put us 8 games ahead of them which means they would have to win 8 of their last 12 or 13 games just to go to tie breakers with us. I think that becomes a really hard thing to do.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I peg us at 45 wins. If they get to 47, they're likely in. I think if they get stuck on 46 they have to hope they have the tie breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I peg us at 45 wins. If they get to 47, they're likely in. I think if they get stuck on 46 they have to hope they have the tie breaker.
    With 45 wins that would still require the Nuggets and Clippers to win 7 of their last 12/13 just for tie breakers.

Miami with a big win over Denver in 2OT. They are 1.5 games behind Minnesota for 8th, 2 games behind us. San Antonio looks like they are probably going to take care of business over a depleted Warriors team too, but still a lot of basketball left in that game.

Thread Information