Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Da 8f Seed in Da West, who you got?

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    If we get to 50 wins sans boogie is gentry coach of the year?
    I think he absolutely deserves it. If we become a 3-6 seed he will have a strong case for it. Gentry has gotten so much undeserved blame it is insane. Some people just can't fathom ever losing a game and if it happens to be a team not as good as us then the world ends. A lot of our losses are strictly on the players making dumb TOs and missing wide open shots. Only so much he can do and the rest is on the players. He's just the easy fall guy anytime something goes wrong. If we can't land Calipari then no way do I move on from Gentry.

I guess we want Wolves to beat Blazers later

I think we want the Blazers to win tonight

I guess it depends on whether you want to help our playoff odds or 3 seed odds

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    I guess it depends on whether you want to help our playoff odds or 3 seed odds
    Ya see, Timberwolves losing gets us a better chance at 3 seed

Somehow, T Wolves have actually looked better since Jimmy went down..

I really don't think Butler and Wiggins can co-exist

wolves bout to lose and should lose tomorrow...and gibson hurt

that team is in troubleeeeeeee

I think Lillard just put the dagger into the Wolves tonight.

Looks like Portland will leap us in the standings for now but the Wolves will fall behind us with their 27th loss. Could fall even further since they travel from Portland to Utah to play tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I think Lillard just put the dagger into the Wolves tonight.

Looks like Portland will leap us in the standings for now but the Wolves will fall behind us with their 27th loss. Could fall even further since they travel from Portland to Utah to play tomorrow night.
    wolves will still be ahead of us.

Wolves have a brutal stretch home too but who doesn't?

How insane is the West this year?

We are 9! Games above 500 with only 21 left to play and we are only the 6th seed and only 2.5 games out of not even making the playoffs.

I've never seen a year where this close to the end of the season seeds 3-9 are all within 3 games of each other and all are at risk to not make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    How insane is the West this year?

We are 9! Games above 500 with only 21 left to play and we are only the 6th seed and only 2.5 games out of not even making the playoffs.

I've never seen a year where this close to the end of the season seeds 3-9 are all within 3 games of each other and all are at risk to not make the playoffs.
    To add to this, the entire league is better this year. We would currently only be the 5th seed in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    To add to this, the entire league is better this year. We would currently only be the 5th seed in the East.
    Not sure about that, if we were in the east we'd also be playing an east schedule. Which means we wouldn't have to play the Rockets four times, for example.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not sure about that, if we were in the east we'd also be playing an east schedule. Which means we wouldn't have to play the Rockets four times, for example.
    No doubt, I was just going by current records. The East is better this year but so is the West.

A better way to think about it is if the league switched to the top 16 teams making the playoffs. We would currently be 10th.
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 03-02-2018 at 01:56 PM.

tonight we root for:

grizzlies (8 point underdogs at home...yikes) --- L
    suns (7.5 point underdogs at home...yikes again) --- L
    knicks (9 point underdogs on the road...yikes yet again) --- L
    wolves/jazz game can be argued either way like wolves/blazers last night (jazz favored by 7 at home)

just one of grizzlies, suns, or knicks winning would be a win in my eyes. a little over 50% chance of at least one winning so fingers crossed
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 03-02-2018 at 11:06 PM.

7 game winning streak and we've dropped 2 spots to 7th

This is uncanny

Expect it when you are not playing and already played fewest number of games.

And dont root for tankers. They wont help you.

Pels will be fine winning their games. Just stay in course.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Why the hell couldn't we play that Pacers game today? They don't even play today.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    7 game winning streak and we've dropped 2 spots to 7th

This is uncanny
    We could possibly move up to the 3rd seed if we win tomorrow.

tonight we root for:

cavs over nuggets (cavs favored by 4.5 at home, nuggets on 2nd night of B2B) --- L that hurts a lot
    lakers over spurs (spurs favored by 5 at home; ingram is out for lakers, aldridge out for spurs) --- W that helps a lot
    thunder/blazers could be argued either way (blazers favored by 4 at home) --- win/win
    kings over jazz (jazz favored by 7 on the road but on 2nd night of B2B) --- expected L

a cavs win and help from either lakers or kings would be a big win for us

Thought we'd get help from Cavs and not Lakers, but I'll take it. Pels playoff odds didn't really change, moving from 75% to 76%
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 03-03-2018 at 11:29 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    tonight we root for:

cavs over nuggets (cavs favored by 4.5 at home, nuggets on 2nd night of B2B)
    lakers over spurs (spurs favored by 5 at home; ingram is out for lakers, aldridge out for spurs)
    thunder/blazers could be argued either way (blazers favored by 4 at home)
    kings over jazz (jazz favored by 7 on the road but on 2nd night of B2B)

a cavs win and help from either lakers or kings would be a big win for us
    Games like these have to stop lmao. Every other game I feel is two of our competitors are facing off against each other.

Cavs just blew it in the last two minutes to the nuggets.

The refs are keeping Houston in this game. I can’t believe I am saying this, but I feel bad for Boston.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Lakers about to upset Spurs on the heels of two back 2 back Lonzo three point daggers.

BIG time win by lakers @ spurs. Could spurs....miss the playoffs???

Thread Information