Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Da 8f Seed in Da West, who you got?

Da 8f Seed in Da West, who you got?

Currently 7th seed Denver 30-26
    Currently 8f seed New Orleans 30-26
    -------------------------------------------
    Clippers 29-26
    Utah 29-28

1.5 games separates everyone.

Don't sleep on the Jazz, Mitchell is real and there are shades of CP3's rookie year in his game.
    Doc has the Clipps playeing well, and that without any stars.
    We sustained a blow with Boogie exiting, but Nico has stepped up his game.
    Denver has dropped a good bit from where they once were, but when Paul Millsap comes back they will probably climb again.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I just don't want to play the Warriors. I'd like to win at least a game if we get in.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Portland ain’t making it.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Portland ain’t making it.
    I'm sure there is a chance that they could miss, but why?

Just imagine if we hadn’t let the Nuggets kick our butts a couple times. We would be in 7th.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Just imagine if we hadn’t let the Nuggets kick our butts a couple times. We would be in 7th.
    Really the Nuggets games are what bothers you? What about losing to Sactown TWICE on our home floor? The Atlanta game? The Knicks?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Just think- If we hadn't beaten OKC twice, San Antonio, Houston, Cleveland & Boston, we'd be in 10th!

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I'm sure there is a chance that they could miss, but why?
    I'm trying to be an optimistic Pelicans fan. Pels will have a chance at the end of March to lock up the season series with Portland, and I hope that's a meaningful game still and the Pelicans will win it. Plus I see all the other teams having opportunities to get better down the stretch, including the Pels if Hill gives them anything, and I don't think Portland has another gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Just think- If we hadn't beaten OKC twice, San Antonio, Houston, Cleveland & Boston, we'd be in 10th!
    This team drives me crazy
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Why look at the 8f seed?

The real race is 5 through 10th

OKC 32-25
    Blazers 31-26
    Nugs 30-26
    Pels 30-26
    Clips 29-26
    Utah 29-28

Six teams and 4 spots all within 3 games. If we can play the way we have the last 2 going down the stretch I like our chances. Gentry might deserve some credit! Lol. Should be a great finish to the season.

Plus the twolves play Houston tonight so they will likely have 25 losses as well. It's really tightening up!
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 02-13-2018 at 12:36 PM.

After tomorrow night we could very well be in the 6th spot and tied with the wolves and OKC in the loss column. Just need to take care of the Lakers at home first.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    After tomorrow night we could very well be in the 6th spot and tied with the wolves and OKC in the loss column. Just need to take care of the Lakers at home first.
    You should add Spurs to your list. They play 19 of 24 teams with winning records to close out. They have Denver Back to back & then at Cleveland. Then US . If we take care of business against Lakers & win either Mil. Or Miami, we could go into San Antonio with a chance to leapfrog them. Their schedule is B R U T A L !

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    That would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You should add Spurs to your list. They play 19 of 24 teams with winning records to close out. They have Denver Back to back & then at Cleveland. Then US . If we take care of business against Lakers & win either Mil. Or Miami, we could go into San Antonio with a chance to leapfrog them. Their schedule is B R U T A L !
    I have been saying this for awhile. Spurs are the team that might fall. Not sure how far or all the way out but one injury they are done.

I only focused on the Nuggets because that’s who we’re tied with at the moment. So you can all calm down. Lol.

I just wish one year some other west teams would get ravaged by injuries instead of us.

The Spurs are missing just Kwahi and look poised to sink. Memphis lost Conley and are tanking.

At some points this season we have been down as many as 3 starters and currently don't have Cousins or Hill. We lost a month with Rondo, we didn't have a single healthy backup center until mid December.

We are owed an entirely healthy season next year. It's almost like The Based God cursed us while drunk one night and totally forgot to lift it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I just wish one year some other west teams would get ravaged by injuries instead of us.

The Spurs are missing just Kwahi and look poised to sink. Memphis lost Conley and are tanking.

At some points this season we have been down as many as 3 starters and currently don't have Cousins or Hill. We lost a month with Rondo, we didn't have a single healthy backup center until mid December.

We are owed an entirely healthy season next year. It's almost like The Based God cursed us while drunk one night and totally forgot to lift it.
    We're already not going to have an entirely healthy season next year. Boogie is going to miss time if he's back, and the smart money would be on him not being 100% of the Boogie he was until late in the season...if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    We're already not going to have an entirely healthy season next year. Boogie is going to miss time if he's back, and the smart money would be on him not being 100% of the Boogie he was until late in the season...if ever.
    Yeah I know that much but Cousins easing himself. Back into the lineup next year is far different than having multiple starters out for the most of the season.

I mean this is an organization that took a year to diagnose Crohns Disease in a guy we are paying 12 million dollars. And I am pretty sure it took him going to the Mayo clinic to get that diagnosis. Our sibling team just fired one of the head doctors still working over here that misdiagnosed an injury.

Dismiss my tin-foil hat if you want, but I still contend we probably don't have league-leading medical facilities and conditioning and that might just be playing a role. And that is probably, unfortunately, going to continue being a drag on this team's potential.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I mean this is an organization that took a year to diagnose Crohns Disease in a guy we are paying 12 million dollars. And I am pretty sure it took him going to the Mayo clinic to get that diagnosis. Our sibling team just fired one of the head doctors still working over here that misdiagnosed an injury.

Dismiss my tin-foil hat if you want, but I still contend we probably don't have league-leading medical facilities and conditioning and that might just be playing a role. And that is probably, unfortunately, going to continue being a drag on this team's potential.
    The head doctor over here was brought in AFTER all of those issues. He was made the head doctor for the Pelicans around the time of the Crohns diagnosis. Players who specifically had issues with the Saints doctors came out and said the one who is still ours had nothing to do with it because he was not the head doctor for the Saints. He was only following the orders of the lead for the Saints.

I do not believe he would still have a job if he were incapable. It would have been too easy to fire him at the same time as the Saints.

The Spurs lost Kawahi and are still a top 4 seed. That's is the power of street knowledge.

The head doctor over here was brought in AFTER all of those issues. He was made the head doctor for the Pelicans around the time of the Crohns diagnosis. Players who specifically had issues with the Saints doctors came out and said the one who is still ours had nothing to do with it because he was not the head doctor for the Saints. He was only following the orders of the lead for the Saints.

I do not believe he would still have a job if he were incapable. It would have been too easy to fire him at the same time as the Saints.
    Misty Suri, as far as I know, has been a doctor for both franchises for some time now(was promoted to head doctor for the Pelicans). Misty was let go of the Saints after the Delvin Breaux injury and some other issues, along with head doctor for the Saints Deryk Jones. Misty is still the head team doctor for the Pelicans though.

Its hard to give the benefit of the doubt when both franchises have been plagued with injuries, plagued with poorly diagnosed recovery time tables, and both have the same common denominator of a lot of shared overlap of medical resources. I mean the Pelicans are two years removed from the most injury plagued season a team has had in the NBA this decade. The Saints just got over one of the most injury plagued seasons of any team, and seem to have that issue consistently as well. It seems like things have progressively gotten better, at least here, but still, my mind is not at ease.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 02-13-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Misty Suri, as far as I know, has been a doctor for both franchises for some time now(was promoted to head doctor for the Pelicans). Misty was let go of the Saints after the Delvin Breaux injury and some other issues, along with head doctor for the Saints Deryk Jones. Misty is still the head team doctor for the Pelicans though.

Its hard to give the benefit of the doubt when both franchises have been plagued with injuries, plagued with poorly diagnosed recovery time tables, and both have the same common denominator of a lot of shared overlap of medical resources. I mean the Pelicans are two years removed from the most injury plagued season a team has had in the NBA this decade. The Saints just got over one of the most injury plagued seasons of any team, and seem to have that issue consistently as well. It seems like things have progressively gotten better, at least here, but still, my mind is not at ease.
    Again, Suri was not here during any of the misdiagnosed issues. He was only promoted to the head doctor last year for the team. Saints players have already come out and said Suri was not to blame.

I think the fact the Saints just had one of their worst injury plagued season AFTER replacing the doctors shows their issues might not have been caused by said doctors.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What if Frank Jackson is every bit as good as Donovan Mitchell?

Thunder about to lose, that helps keep it tight

Makes it even more frustrating, if Boogie didn't get hurt I think we beat LA, Sac, and Phil, and we would be fighting SA for that 3 spot
    Last edited by soggymoss; 02-13-2018 at 09:29 PM.

Thread Information