.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 379

Thread: Da 8f Seed in Da West, who you got?

  1. #51
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    And somehow Utah with 11 wins in a row is sitting at 10

    The west is unbelievable. Last month is gonna be fun to watch
    I think you have a different idea of fun from me

  2. #52
    The Jazz will make the playoffs. I think they are taking out the Nuggets or Pelicans.

  3. #53
    The only thing that might slow down the Jazz is Ingles has to come back down to earth at some point. Right now he is playing out of his mind. Once that happens hopefully they pick up a few losses.

  4. #54


  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

    I'm not surprised. If you've played less than ten games this season and you're still out, you likely aren't gonna be back.
    Watching Pelicans games is what Georges Bataille meant by limit experiences.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm not surprised. If you've played less than ten games this season and you're still out, you likely aren't gonna be back.
    Keep hope alive for Solo and Frank!

  7. #57
    If there is one thing that we have learned about the Spurs, it’s that them boys will be fine.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If there is one thing that we have learned about the Spurs, it’s that them boys will be fine.
    Depends on your definition of fine. Any chance that they had to compete for a title this year just went out the window.

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Depends on your definition of fine. Any chance that they had to compete for a title this year just went out the window.
    Its crazy that they have had so many injury issues and have still maintained one of the top records in the West, and the 6th best record in the NBA.

  10. #60
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm not surprised. If you've played less than ten games this season and you're still out, you likely aren't gonna be back.
    Mmmmhmmmmm

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Its crazy that they have had so many injury issues and have still maintained one of the top records in the West, and the 6th best record in the NBA.
    It helps when you've played one of the easiest schedules so far this year and have probably been a the greatest coach in the NBA of all time there. Still all things are not rosy. They are 1-5 in the month of February.

  12. #62
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,364
    Could Spurs actually really do the impossible and drop out of the playoffs do we think?? Man, another playoff spot opening up would be a god-send for us

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Could Spurs actually really do the impossible and drop out of the playoffs do we think?? Man, another playoff spot opening up would be a god-send for us
    They won't drop out of the playoffs completely, I don't think Pop's pride would allow him to do that. Especially considering Aldridge had to be talked out of demanding a trade already: they convince him to stay just to drop out of the playoffs completely? He'd be outraged.

    They're gonna drop out of the top four though

  14. #64
    THe Spurs SOS is .489, and ours is .497, however when digging in deeper we see that SA’s RPI is .515 and the Pels is .509. In short the Spurs season so far has been easier, but when taken into the larger scheme of things it has still been more impressive than the Pels.

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    THe Spurs SOS is .489, and ours is .497, however when digging in deeper we see that SA’s RPI is .515 and the Pels is .509. In short the Spurs season so far has been easier, but when taken into the larger scheme of things it has still been more impressive than the Pels.
    No one said they didn't play well against worst opponents. It was moving forward that was being discussed.

    No one is discrediting Pop being the greatest coach ever

  16. #66
    westbrook 3 at the buzzer to win...

  17. #67
    Question: what’s yalls prediction on how pels do the last 4 games of the month? I really think they’re going to win all 4. 7 game win streak. If they go 3-1 I will be disappointed because we really need to stay winning just to hang on to the 8th seed!!!! Freaks me out. We will come out with a vengeance tomorrow night. Miami will get it good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #68
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,364
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Question: what’s yalls prediction on how pels do the last 4 games of the month? I really think they’re going to win all 4. 7 game win streak. If they go 3-1 I will be disappointed because we really need to stay winning just to hang on to the 8th seed!!!! Freaks me out. We will come out with a vengeance tomorrow night. Miami will get it good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Has to be at least 2 wins. I don't know about the other 2
    I don't think Clippers got worse with that trade either, I think they got better
    Last edited by AusPel; 02-23-2018 at 01:55 AM.

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Question: what’s yalls prediction on how pels do the last 4 games of the month? I really think they’re going to win all 4. 7 game win streak. If they go 3-1 I will be disappointed because we really need to stay winning just to hang on to the 8th seed!!!! Freaks me out. We will come out with a vengeance tomorrow night. Miami will get it good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likely 2-2. 3-1 would be nice. 4-0 would be incredible.

    Heat game tomorrow won't be easy. Only favored by 2.5

  20. #70
    REAL men play BASS Contributor MSU-Sousaphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lake Charles
    Posts
    1,105
    If I have learned anything from this team....it's not to bet on them against team that should spank. Or really don't ever bet on them. But here's to hoping.

  21. #71
    good news: OKC lost (to the warriors...)

    bad news: jazz, wolves, and blazers win (suns blew it badly)

    basically, no help. same ole luck

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    good news: OKC lost (to the warriors...)

    bad news: jazz, wolves, and blazers win (suns blew it badly)

    basically, no help. same ole luck

    Denver should lose tomorrow. If Pels win Sun, I think we move to 5th.

  23. #73
    We have 24 games left. We’re on a 4 game winning streak. We won a tough game last night vs Miami. We are 32-26 and in the 8th seed. How many games can we win out of the 24 we have left? I think we need to win 14-16 to have a chance getting in the playoffs. Finishing 46-36 or 48-34 might get us the 6th-8th seed. Our schedule looks pretty tough. We have to face BUCKS, Houston twice, SPURS 3 times, GSW, OKC, CLIPPERS twice, JAZZ, BLAZERS, CELTICS, CAVS, PACERS, WIZARDS, HORNETS... All 17 of these games make me uncomfortable. The other 7 are: Dallas twice, Memphis, Sacramento, PHX twice, LAKERS...

    All of the games are critical. The ones that can make the most difference are beating SPURS, CLIPPERS, BLAZERS, JAZZ and OKC.

    If we take care of business tomorrow it will be a five game winning streak.

    How are y’all feeling about our chances? The moves to get okafor and Niko have boosted our chances imo. Getting Hill back might help too. Jrue and AD have to stay hot and we need to step it up on defense. AD has to prove himself now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #74
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,364
    I still don't think we'll make it

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    We have 24 games left. We’re on a 4 game winning streak. We won a tough game last night vs Miami. We are 32-26 and in the 8th seed. How many games can we win out of the 24 we have left? I think we need to win 14-16 to have a chance getting in the playoffs. Finishing 46-36 or 48-34 might get us the 6th-8th seed. Our schedule looks pretty tough. We have to face BUCKS, Houston twice, SPURS 3 times, GSW, OKC, CLIPPERS twice, JAZZ, BLAZERS, CELTICS, CAVS, PACERS, WIZARDS, HORNETS... All 17 of these games make me uncomfortable. The other 7 are: Dallas twice, Memphis, Sacramento, PHX twice, LAKERS...

    All of the games are critical. The ones that can make the most difference are beating SPURS, CLIPPERS, BLAZERS, JAZZ and OKC.

    If we take care of business tomorrow it will be a five game winning streak.

    How are y’all feeling about our chances? The moves to get okafor and Niko have boosted our chances imo. Getting Hill back might help too. Jrue and AD have to stay hot and we need to step it up on defense. AD has to prove himself now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think we make it.

    We beat the Celtics last time we played, and since their blistering start to the season they've actually been very beatable.

    Spurs three times doesn't bother me, they look bad right now. Just straight up bad.

    Pacers, Wizards, Hornets, Clippers, Blazers are all potential wins. Even the Jazz, if someone can break their winning streak before they get to us (not sure who they play before us).

    We're at a point in the season where the seeding changes every game. Portland was 8th last night, they're 5th this morning. We have as much chance as anybody and I think we make it, 6th seed, book it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •