.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 379

Thread: Da 8f Seed in Da West, who you got?

  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I just wish one year some other west teams would get ravaged by injuries instead of us.

    The Spurs are missing just Kwahi and look poised to sink. Memphis lost Conley and are tanking.

    At some points this season we have been down as many as 3 starters and currently don't have Cousins or Hill. We lost a month with Rondo, we didn't have a single healthy backup center until mid December.

    We are owed an entirely healthy season next year. It's almost like The Based God cursed us while drunk one night and totally forgot to lift it.
    Keep wishing real hard, Myth! Aldridge OUT (chronic knee inflammation)

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Thunder about to lose, that helps keep it tight

    Makes it even more frustrating, if Boogie didn't get hurt I think we beat LA, Sac, and Phil, and we would be fighting SA for that 3 spot
    Rudy Gay & Wesley Mathews (the last two guys with that injury) were playing actual games w/in 240 days. That's a couple days short of 8 months. Boogie surgery Feb 1st, I believe. So, God willing , Boogie could possibly be on court in early October. Not saying "likely" but the two guys mentioned are the most recent, with the newest technology. Fingers crossed.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    What if Frank Jackson is every bit as good as Donovan Mitchell?
    In Jesus name we pray. If he was you are talking about CP3 (the early years). That's next level type talent.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  4. #29
    Holiday Season > Dame Time Rel11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Gone Fishin
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    In Jesus name we pray. If he was you are talking about CP3 (the early years). That's next level type talent.
    I’m itching to see him play.
    RIP FlyGirl

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Rudy Gay & Wesley Mathews (the last two guys with that injury) were playing actual games w/in 240 days. That's a couple days short of 8 months. Boogie surgery Feb 1st, I believe. So, God willing , Boogie could possibly be on court in early October. Not saying "likely" but the two guys mentioned are the most recent, with the newest technology. Fingers crossed.
    There's a difference between being able to play and playing at 100%.

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    There's a difference between being able to play and playing at 100%.
    Thanks, Captain Obvious! The only one who will ever truly know when/if he is 100% is Boogie. Every other opinion is purely speculative. 50 people can be watching the same guy & you will have 50 his % gradation will vary 50 different ways til Sunday. I don't care if he is 100% or not -> If Boogie says "I can go", then I want him on the court.

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    What if Frank Jackson is every bit as good as Donovan Mitchell?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3t3dq4.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	6315

    That sure would be awesome. Or at least be a super 6th man energy spark. Should be fun to follow his progress and speculate on his potential going forward.

  8. #33
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,665
    Spurs could be doing us a favour here

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Spurs could be doing us a favour here
    Spurs will be LUCKY if they hold on to a 7th or 8th seed. Their schedule is diabolical . They have Denver Again, next. Then at Cleveland. Then US. They have the toughest remaining schedule, easily, of the 3-10 seeds. They play, counting tonight 19 of 24 teams with winning records.

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Spurs will be LUCKY if they hold on to a 7th or 8th seed. Their schedule is diabolical . They have Denver Again, next. Then at Cleveland. Then US. They have the toughest remaining schedule, easily, of the 3-10 seeds. They play, counting tonight 19 of 24 teams with winning records.
    Yeah, but you are forgetting one key fact in all of this. They are the freaking Spurs.

  11. #36
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,665
    I'm not

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Again, Suri was not here during any of the misdiagnosed issues. He was only promoted to the head doctor last year for the team. Saints players have already come out and said Suri was not to blame.

    I think the fact the Saints just had one of their worst injury plagued season AFTER replacing the doctors shows their issues might not have been caused by said doctors.
    Its not really a snap of the fingers and your entire training and medical infrastructure is replaced and humming along perfectly. Minnesota took years transitioning into their new arrangement with the Mayo clinic and Lynx. And that was a much more in depth endeavor. The Saints/Pelicans just shuffled around doctors within the same infrastructure.

    He's been with the team longer than a year. But you are missing my point if you think this is all about Suri. Suri could be great for all I know.

    The health issues of the team are undeniable, the issues of misdiagnosis and recovery issues well established. The team has seemingly stuck with the same Ochsner medical arrangement for a pretty long time now. At least 50 years according to press releases. Basically they entire history of the team.

    You can feel free to think it is all coincidence, that the Pelicans are as competent and well put together as any other team. I don't see it.

  13. #38
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,665
    #BuyOcshner

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Rudy Gay & Wesley Mathews (the last two guys with that injury) were playing actual games w/in 240 days. That's a couple days short of 8 months. Boogie surgery Feb 1st, I believe. So, God willing , Boogie could possibly be on court in early October. Not saying "likely" but the two guys mentioned are the most recent, with the newest technology. Fingers crossed.
    I hope your correct I miss Boogie


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Its not really a snap of the fingers and your entire training and medical infrastructure is replaced and humming along perfectly. Minnesota took years transitioning into their new arrangement with the Mayo clinic and Lynx. And that was a much more in depth endeavor. The Saints/Pelicans just shuffled around doctors within the same infrastructure.

    He's been with the team longer than a year. But you are missing my point if you think this is all about Suri. Suri could be great for all I know.

    The health issues of the team are undeniable, the issues of misdiagnosis and recovery issues well established. The team has seemingly stuck with the same Ochsner medical arrangement for a pretty long time now. At least 50 years according to press releases. Basically they entire history of the team.

    You can feel free to think it is all coincidence, that the Pelicans are as competent and well put together as any other team. I don't see it.
    This I actually agree with. I would be all for a change to a different medical team. My point was simply that Dr. Suri shouldn't be blamed. But Oschner's as a whole if we moved away from them I'd be interested in seeing the results.

  16. #41
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    2,450
    How can you count the Spurs out? Is Leonard out for the year?!
    At some point, they'll be getting back a player who is one of the top 3 to 5 basketball players in the world!

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    How can you count the Spurs out? Is Leonard out for the year?!
    At some point, they'll be getting back a player who is one of the top 3 to 5 basketball players in the world!
    I don't think it's been announced what Leonard's return time is. He's still out indefinitely.

  18. #43
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,665
    No one doing us any favours today, OKC and LAC have won, Surely Utah will hold on v Suns and GSW flat out sucking at Portland in the 1st

  19. #44
    Every single team we needed to lose won

  20. #45
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,665
    Not one other result going our way today. At least we won

  21. #46
    Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,614
    Holding serve is important.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #47
    Every team 5-9 in the West have the same amount of losses.

    Only 2 losses separate the 3rd seed from the 9th seed. And only 4 between the 3rd and the 10.

    This is the closest I've ever seen the playoff race in the West. There is a large possibility of multiple winning record teams being left out of the playoffs.

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Every team 5-9 in the West have the same amount of losses.

    Only 2 losses separate the 3rd seed from the 9th seed. And only 4 between the 3rd and the 10.

    This is the closest I've ever seen the playoff race in the West. There is a large possibility of multiple winning record teams being left out of the playoffs.
    Hopefully the logjam will fix itself with certain teamsí schedules getting harder after the break. Adam Silver may wanna look into reformating the playoffs and do away with conferences so only the top 16 teams get in.

  24. #49
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,665
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Hopefully the logjam will fix itself with certain teams’ schedules getting harder after the break. Adam Silver may wanna look into reformating the playoffs and do away with conferences so only the top 16 teams get in.
    He's already said that's not happening any time soon

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Every team 5-9 in the West have the same amount of losses.

    Only 2 losses separate the 3rd seed from the 9th seed. And only 4 between the 3rd and the 10.

    This is the closest I've ever seen the playoff race in the West. There is a large possibility of multiple winning record teams being left out of the playoffs.
    And somehow Utah with 11 wins in a row is sitting at 10

    The west is unbelievable. Last month is gonna be fun to watch

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •