Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NBA trade deadline

2018 NBA trade deadline

Ok, NBA trade deadline is on their way. I think it's time to make a post about it.
    I'm still hoping for another trade to come - I'm thinking about Center and Point Guard. Off course some vets, who knows what it must be done to make and play in the playoffs.

Below some rumors around the league...

The Portland Trail Blazers and Los Angeles Clippers have discussed a trade involving DeAndre Jordan but a formal offer was never made.

The Clippers have been seeking a first round draft pick and financial flexibility for Jordan.

Jordan has a $24.1 million player option for 18-19.

Teams interested in Jordan are hesitant to trade for him unless he opts into his deal or signs an extension.

BRODERICK TURNER/LOS ANGELES TIMES
    The Oklahoma City Thunder have expressed interest in trading for Avery Bradley.

Bradley was traded by the Detroit Pistons to the Los Angeles Clippers in the Blake Griffin deal this past week.

Bradley will be a free agent this offseason and isn't likely to fit into the Clippers' long-term plans.

The Thunder lost Andre Roberson for the season due to injury.

TIM BONTEMPS/WASHINGTON POST

I don't get why teams would want DeAndre to opt into 25 million, unless you were a team like Chicago who had the room. But only contenders would be seeking him. No contenders have much room at all so they'd have to chuck a heap of bad contracts back to LA. Doesn't make sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I don't get why teams would want DeAndre to opt into 25 million, unless you were a team like Chicago who had the room. But only contenders would be seeking him. No contenders have much room at all so they'd have to chuck a heap of bad contracts back to LA. Doesn't make sense to me
    L.A. will not get what they want. They want both cap space and a pick? Not happening. No one who wants him will have space unless LA takes back trash (like you said) so they're not having a ton of free space, and if they somehow get that through a three way trade, they're not getting the picks.
    Basketball.

I read that Robin Lopez is very available.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    I read that Robin Lopez is very available.
    I read that we are right up against the hard cap

They'd have to take Hill and Ajinca and we can't really afford to give away our starting SF.

Moore and Ajinca would work tho

Yo, why is everyone so eager to throw Moore away?

Kevin Love, who will make $24.1 million next year, has a $25.6 million option for 2019-20. League sources believe the Cavs would try to move Love without James here, but no team sources have confirmed it. 1 hour ago – via Cleveland Plain Dealer
    Kevin Love for DeAndre Jordan?

I read that we are right up against the hard cap

They'd have to take Hill and Ajinca and we can't really afford to give away our starting SF.

No way I trade Moore for Robin Lopez.

Hernangomez has requested a trade. He would be a great target for us

http://ble.ac/2BWtW7f

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Hernangomez has requested a trade. He would be a great target for us

http://ble.ac/2BWtW7f
    Yeah I would give up a second for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Get it done Dell!

Agreed! Hernangomez would be a perfect fit at the perfect price point...

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    A second for him would be a steal. Not a brilliant defender but he can rebound and he's very crafty offensively. Super young too

I agree Willy HG would be a good fit here. But we would have to send back about an equal or greater amount of salary to get him, along with any possible 2nds.

I imagine many of us wouldn't like the idea of trading Diallo for him straight up, with the signs of potential CD has shown. But that could be an option. And I doubt Cunnginham would consent to be traded there. So otherwise it would have to be a bigger deal with Ajinca, 2018 and 2019 2nd's, for Willy HG and _____.

The Milwaukee Bucks have acquired center Tyler Zeller from the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for guard Rashad Vaughn and the rights to a future second-round draft pick.
    via NBA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    via NBA.com
    Tyler Zeller looks like the Purdue Boilermaker guy.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I would love to get Hernangomez, this is a good solid young big that makes a lot of sense for the Pels. This guy could be kept around even when Boogie comes back, this would also give us the best big men in franchise history AD, Boogie, Mirotic, and Hernangomez.

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Charlotte Hornets have had at least vague discussions centered upon a trade of Kemba Walker and Nicolas Batum for Isaiah Thomas, Brooklyn's first round pick and approximately $25 million in outgoing salary.

The Hornets would likely have to take both Tristan Thompson and J.R. Smith.

The Hornets have interest in trading Walker, who will be a free agent in 2019.

ZACH LOWE/ESPN
    Interesting for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisowen View Post
    Agreed! Hernangomez would be a perfect fit at the perfect price point...
    Probably don't have assets that Knicks want. I would think a lot of teams would throw a 2nd for him, but they probably want more (another young player possibly).

https://twitter.com/silverandmac/sta...22024540454912

“Source: They are creative ways we can trade a.future first much earlier than some people think we can. Unlikely, but don't rule that out.

Interesting.“

From MM

Yes, it has to do with how the protections are done with a future 1st. I would however call any move like that a panic move.

I was behind the Mirotic trade but it'd have to be some crazy deal for me not to see trading another future pick as desperation to try and save this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes, it has to do with how the protections are done with a future 1st. I would however call any move like that a panic move.

I was behind the Mirotic trade but it'd have to be some crazy deal for me not to see trading another future pick as desperation to try and save this season.
    Have to agree. I would think we would have to remove the protection from the 2018 pick in order to trade the 2020 pick. If we should fall out of the playoffs, there would be a chance of getting a top 5 pick in the lottery.

How about we go into the offseason like we are... Then Booommmmm... We trade Mirotic and Holiday for John Wall...
    Wizards are playing 10 times better without him and he could be expendable...

Quote Originally Posted by AIP504 View Post
    How about we go into the offseason like we are... Then Booommmmm... We trade Mirotic and Holiday for John Wall...
    Wizards are playing 10 times better without him and he could be expendable...
    Wishful thinking thats there franchise player lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    https://twitter.com/silverandmac/sta...22024540454912

“Source: They are creative ways we can trade a.future first much earlier than some people think we can. Unlikely, but don't rule that out.

Interesting.“

From MM
    If you listen to some this is completely unrealistic and impossible! This team is going to bring in another player. Although I'm all for waiting to make moves in the offseason. I sure wouldn't mind bringing in the right player though. Future 1st, Moore, and Diallo is enough to land a game changer.

Thread Information