Pelicans Report

Thread: The Cavs be Celts is what the East Needs

The Cavs vs Celts is what the East Needs

I think many of us over the last few weeks thought that Boston was the team to beat, and that the Cavs have fallen off (and it would be hard to argue otherwise having seen the results). But having watched the matchup today, oh baby!

The East has long been considered a one dog race, but looking at how the conference is so competitive, and with the Cavs and Celtics being as solid as they are, the East isn't a push over. This isn't the "Leastern" conference any more. With how things are shaking out you can't count eastern conference opponents as a win, even the worst teams in the East Atlanta and Orlando make you work for your wins.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 02-11-2018 at 07:51 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Umm no
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Umm no
    No what? The East doesn't need this?

The Cavs got significantly better from their deadline transactions. As long as they have LeBron, they are the team to beat in the East.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 02-11-2018 at 10:14 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I agree. Before it was team ball (Celtics) vs Super Star ball (Cavs). But now both teams are team ball.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 02-11-2018 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I agree. Before it was team ball (Celtics) vs Super Star ball (Cavs). But now both teams are team ball.
    That's a really good point. Cavs are so deep at every position now, so many scoring options. It was fun to watch, you could tell they had so much energy and were playing inspired ball. Made me wish Pels traded half the team for new players, lol

Don't sleep on Toronto either

Toronto is significantly better than the Celtics IMO.. cavs raptors will be the ECF.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Toronto is significantly better than the Celtics IMO.. cavs raptors will be the ECF.
    Fer rizzle, they're a super deep team throughout

The Raptors are the ultimate tease. I'm not buying anything they are selling.

The East is so much better then it use to be with some young teams on the rise that will soon be serious contenders. Those bottom 4 seeds all have the ability to give the top 4 seeds a run for their $. The West has more elite level teams but both are pretty even at the top and bottom. As a basketball fan teams in the 5-8 spots like the Sixers, Bucks, and Pistons all will be fun to watch in the 1st round. Since I can remember the 1st round in the East has been so garbage and imo was bad for the NBA.

Thread Information