Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: PELS VS NETS 2-10-18

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    LeBron was never criticized for not being an Alpha.
    Pro athletes don't suffer backlash from public comment.

Any other gems?

Ok, I'll let ya'll have the last word. Go...

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    ...says dude on message board, not using his government name, to talk trash about a dude he'd never trash in a million years to his face. This is interesting, please continue.
    This is a completely different situation. I did not create another account to defend what I'm posting here. If someone has a problem with my take I respond personally, I don't hide under another username and mock the other person.

Wanting annonimity on the internet is different from not being man enough to respond to criticism. If someone criticized me on my personal account I wouldn't jump on this one to respond to it.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-13-2018 at 12:50 PM.

You have serious issues with Durant that I have no interest in debating. IF you felt this way about Durant from his rookie year until 2016, then good for you. Otherwise you really sound like a bitter ex, and I'm fortunate in that I don't have any of those, so I will choose not deal with that energy on here either! KD either isn't who you thought he was, or he is exactly who you thought he was and you knew it the entire time, but for some reason harbor some resentment anyway.

Dude chose to leave an organization in Oklahoma to work for a better organization in San Francisco, and immediately reached the top of his game by winning a title and finals MVP. Plus, he's thinking about what he wants to do outside of basketball (which will constitute the majority of his life if he's lucky), and made a decision that better suits his long term goals that have nothing to with fan opinion of him. That's real beta stuff.
    None of that addresses the points I made about how he's acted as a beta. You can make petty remarks about me but that doesn't respond to the issues about how Durant has acted.

People are allowed to change their opinion of others. It wasn't clear Durant was a Beta until he ran to GS, started copying Green (if he was an alpha Green would have copied him not the other way around), and showed he has fake accounts to defend himself instead of answering back himself.

LeBron was never criticized for not being an Alpha.
    Pro athletes don't suffer backlash from public comment.

Any other gems?

Ok, I'll let ya'll have the last word. Go...
    I used the comparison with Eric Blair for a reason. When I said public backlash I didn't mean people tweeting the snake emoji or Stephen A Smith whining on his TV show, I meant actual real life altering circumstances.

But go ahead, conflate whatever you want, you're clearly engaging your keyboard before your brain.
    Basketball.

Thread Information