Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: PELS VS NETS 2-10-18

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    And yet if we make the playoffs by one game, that win will be beyond significant. So rather than cast judgment on the future like some aspiring fortune teller, I'm just going off what has already happened in reality. Which is that we won. It's not a great win, I'm not calling the party supply store for the helium balloons, but it feels like a mediocre win, not a loss.
    Let's keep debating our feelings!

Felt like a loss to me. Felt like a mediocre win to you. I'm less optimistic about this team now than I was before the game. But feel how you want to feel chief!

It's not the best feeling win in the world, but it is worlds away from a loss

And just quietly, the beast that is Mario Hezonja has awoken

Team went to rubbish, and then clawed back the victory. Good for the team morale, helps keep spirits up after putting in the effort. I could see the team spiraling out of control if they lost that. Also good for keeping supporter morale up - while it may have been a reinforcement of the frustrating team aspects they will stay in the 8 with clippers losing tonight I believe. Again, imagine the fans if they had lost this (I'm sure I would have been a part of it haha). A lot of work to do, gotta keep on chugging along.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Let's keep debating our feelings!

Felt like a loss to me. Felt like a mediocre win to you. I'm less optimistic about this team now than I was before the game. But feel how you want to feel chief!
    How could you possibly be less optimistic after this win than if we had lost it?

Holiday somehow ended the game with 22 points. Geez. Last time I looked in the 4th he had 7.

I feel like this Nets fan right now

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    How could you possibly be less optimistic after this win than if we had lost it?
    Nah... that's not at all what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    It's not the best feeling win in the world, but it is worlds away from a loss
    You guys are silly. How did that Houston win a couple weeks ago feel? How did some of those games against the Warriors that we were really competitive in and the team played great feel?

Even though you'd always rather a win than a loss, sometimes a win feels like a loss and a loss feels like a win. But whatever, maybe that's a unique thing to me. It's my "feeling", not yours!

Wow this thread is toxic right now. May as well be at Tiger Droppings

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Jrue is the reason? Man u gotta be kidding, there are game where I admit Jrue balled out but not tnoight. He made a few plays but not a good night
    I'm not talking about the entire game but yes OT he was clutch.. he had 1 bad play you are harping on that was for the final shot. He made clutch baskets to keep us in that game during OT. He wasn't the only one but he played a great OT. Not to mention his defense.

Jrue wins 95% of his drives/postups against his defender. We need to go to that well a lot more often

The TWolces have like 4 more played games then us. We aren't far away from catching them and it's in our control. We had a few bad losses but that happens the best teams and has this season. We have a good group of guys and will hopefully be adding 2 guys that can have a huge impact with Hill/Jackson. Enjoy this playoff battle and pump the brakes on blowing it up and firing everybody. Let's let it play out and not judge what is like 3%-6% of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Nah, you just said the most obvious thing ever: a win is a win.

All I said is it felt like a loss. Not sure how both of those can't be true. Technically that win vs Houston was a win. But what did it feel like? A loss. I don't think it's moping to recognize that this team has serious flaws and problems that might not go away if/when they start next season with a maxed out Boogie sitting on the bench until 2019. Not moping, but nothing positive came out other than a W in the win column. That W will be insignificant when they miss the playoffs by 4 or 5 games if they keep playing the way they're playing.
    This is not true at all. I guarantee you those players feel like they got a damn good win. Did you ever play sports and feel like a win wasn't really a win? If I'm on that team I come away saying "man we can beat anybody if we play like we did in that 1st half. We just ran into what happen to be another NBA team that got hot from 3 and were lucky that we didn't beat them by 50." You don't mope after wins because it took a double OT to beat them. Sure as a fan you may feel that way but it's crazy to say that they feel like they lost lol. How we feel doesn't matter.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 02-10-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    The TWolces have like 4 more played games then us. We aren't far away from catching them and it's in our control. We had a few bad losses but that happens the best teams and has this season. We have a good group of guys and will hopefully be adding 2 guys that can have a huge impact with Hill/Jackson. Enjoy this playoff battle and pump the brakes on blowing it up and firing everybody. Let's let it play out and not judge what is like 3%-6% of the season.
    I like dat optimism

Updates on Hill and Jackson from the organisation would be helpful

I like dat optimism

Updates on Hill and Jackson from the organisation would be helpful
    Yes I agree! I don't think they want to say something will happen and have it be delayed with a setback. Fans can't handle stuff like that lol.Would be nice to hear something though.

it what u get when u have no coaching how in the hell do u lose a 28 point lead midway in the 3rd
    how many time he call time out and ran a play that did not work how many time they shot the ball with
    no players under the goal another year more of the same maybe they shine up the car in summer with
    first round pick that right they do not have one

So is AD a top 5 player in this league? Sometimes I think yes, sometimes I think no

He doesn't have that KI so I can't put him top 5 anymore

You take the win and move on to Detroit. Let’s just survive until the All Star break and hopefully get some guys healthy along with a potential signing from the buyout market. We need the depth.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 02-10-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    You take the win and move on to Detroit. Let’s just survive until the All Star break and hopefully get some guys healthy along with a potential signing from the buyout market. We need the depth.
    Griffin and Drummond must be the best big man duo in the league. Obvs we had the best before Cuz went down. Gonna be hard

So is AD a top 5 player in this league? Sometimes I think yes, sometimes I think no

He doesn't have that KI so I can't put him top 5 anymore
    He is top 10, but not top 5.

Westbrook
    Harden
    Steph
    KD
    Lebron
    Greek Freak

Then AD
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Westbrook
    Harden
    Steph
    KD
    Lebron
    Greek Freak

Then AD
    I don't have Westbrook top 5. He is AD Tier for me

Griffin and Drummond must be the best big man duo in the league. Obvs we had the best before Cuz went down. Gonna be hard
    I'm sure we'll see Okafor playing a good bit to help match Drummond's size/physicality. Would be a pretty big boost to get this win, then hopefully the Lakers game, too.

Then the all-star break, which Pels will benefit from immensely. Rest for AD and Jrue, and everyone, then get Hill back in the rotation adding a solid defender will size and defensive leadership and IQ.

Marco Belli signed with 76'ers. We now have 2 roster spots open. I don't condone the recent criminal charges of Willie Reed, but if he is released by the Bulls as has been rumored, and checks out character and PR wise, then he seems like a good on court fit to help cover the bigger C's.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    This game doesn't go into OT if they made 85% of their free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Westbrook
    Harden
    Steph
    KD
    Lebron
    Greek Freak

Then AD
    I don't agree with that list. Westbrook and Greek Freak are not better than AD. Giannis has to make the playoffs before he can be on any list. He's Kevin Love level until he proves anything. Harden is debatable though I might give him the nod.

I see 3 clearly better players, LBJ, Steph, and KD.

Thread Information