Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Calipari?

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    My motivation for going after Calipari only partially is motivated for AD's sake. It's about getting guys like Devin Booker or John Wall or whomever to wanna think of New Orleans as a destination team. That's my ultimate dream. Put us on the same footing as the Golden States, Clevelands or Miami when Bron was there.
    I agree. I think he’ll attract other players he coached. As for Jay Wright, if we were rebuilding I’d love to have him but i don’t think AD would want him but you never know.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    AD and Boogie are the recruiters for N.O. They don't need Calipari.

The Franchise
    How does a player ask another player to take less to play all together? I’d think you either need a great GM or a great salesman/coach.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Wade and Reilly did it in Miami, and it happens more frequently now. Coaches coach.

While some of us are eating some crow, I would at least like to say my original post was just looking for some sort of spark to give this franchise hope not necessarily anti-anybody. They found it. It's called winning.

As I was watching the game, I realized we were the superior team on the court. Just toying with Dallas. Man, what a great feeling.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yeah. From jump, I want players with great talent to have New Orleans seen as a place to come and compete for a ring. I keep imagining if we had a guy like Paul George or Leonard or even Klay Thompson and we go from a team comfortably getting into the playoffs to a true contender.

Acquitting ourselves as a team that can win by playing sound ball on both ends of the court is the end goal. No matter who is coach or GM. If that's Demps and Gentry, then so be it.

...also Gentry might get an extension thanks to this run, assuming we make good on it.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I’ll say this.. AD and DeMarcus are two of the BEST he’s ever had. They didn’t get to play together at UK. Coach K is currently wiping the floor with Cal in recruiting over the last 24 months. The NCAA is about to face a reckoning both legally and institutionally. If there was ever a time and place for Cal to find another soft landing and nice payday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    I’ll say this.. AD and DeMarcus are two of the BEST he’s ever had. They didn’t get to play together at UK. Coach K is currently wiping the floor with Cal in recruiting over the last 24 months. The NCAA is about to face a reckoning both legally and institutionally. If there was ever a time and place for Cal to find another soft landing and nice payday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even with our current success, I’d still pull the trigger on calipari if it was available and for the right price. Gentry seems like a nice guy but sometimes you need a little tougher love and Dell is fine he just needs someone to oversee his transactions. I’d do calipari as VP of something to oversee Dell and coach, maybe something like van gundy has.

Thread Information