Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans @ 76ers 2/9/18

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Mirotic needs to find his rhythm in our offense. We've gotta make that a priority going forward.

Pelicans @ 76ers 2/9/18

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Mirotic needs to find his rhythm in our offense. We've gotta make that a priority going forward.
    Mirotics first game he was winging it and played awesome he got a couple practices with Gentry he’s turned into Asik ... coincidence I think not !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is Liggins isn't much different then Rondo.. one can pass and the other can defend but that's all they bring. Makes it hard when we are playing 4 on 5 offensively. Really wanna see Miller in the starting lineup. Like I said before worry about the starting lineup first and the bench second.

Philly is known for great 1st halves and poor 2nd halves. Unfortunately...we are known for poor 2nd halves too.

You could not be more wrong.

They're human beings. Not hot damn puppets. Where's the pride? Integrity? Leadership from our resident fringe MVP candidate and five time All-Star?
    Come on, Ernest! Of course it's the responsibility of the coach to get his team prepared. AD playing a lot of disinterested ball lately is a whole other problem

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Mirotics first game he was winging it and played awesome he got a couple practices with Gentry he’s turned into Asik ... coincidence I think not !!

Yeah. Gentry is telling him to miss shots and turn the ball over. He should stop doing that.

Love how everyone flips straight to Gentry the second we have any bad run. Surely it can't ever be the players fault. Most of these performances are on the players. Yes Gentry deserves blame at times but most of the time he doesn't and one of those times is right now.

Good work

this unit looks far more energetic than anything else we've thrown out, and I give them credit.

I think we need an order of instant Grits at least he brings some dawg and energy to this offense .

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeelsessions View Post
    Come on, Ernest! Of course it's the responsibility of the coach to get his team prepared. AD playing a lot of disinterested ball lately is a whole other problem
    Our issue isn't that we're unprepared. Then we'd see total breakdowns. We are being beaten thanks to horrible effort and our best player moping without his running buddy.

The hell do you know my real name?

You could not be more wrong.

They're human beings. Not hot damn puppets. Where's the pride? Integrity? Leadership from our resident fringe MVP candidate and five time All-Star?
    Completely agree. At some point the players need to be held accountable for missing every shot and not playing D.. only so much a coach can do and anyone who played some type of sports knows this.

Our issue isn't that we're unprepared. Then we'd see total breakdowns. We are being beaten thanks to horrible effort and our best player moping without his running buddy.

The hell do you know my real name?
    Hahaha, I have my ways! For real though, I heard your voice overs on sound cloud. Good work

Keeping dribble drives out the lane. If we were better at that one thing, we'd be so, so much better.

Move ya damn feet, Rondo!

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeelsessions View Post
    Hahaha, I have my ways! For real though, I heard your voice overs on sound cloud. Good work
    Oh yeah. I used to have my demo in my signature.

Is Vaughn here tonight ?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Love how everyone flips straight to Gentry the second we have any bad run. Surely it can't ever be the players fault. Most of these performances are on the players. Yes Gentry deserves blame at times but most of the time he doesn't and one of those times is right now.
    100% AD looks tired and disinterested and I put that on him (ad). jrue and him have played big minutes, but I can see Jrue trying. He's working his arse off defensively. AD is just flat out floating around on both ends. I'm certainly not saying trade him to boston, but he's a grown man and he can own his own effort. he will probably come out and play a great second half, but he needs to be engaged, he's this teams star player and he can wear his share of the criticism.

I actually like Rondo with this unit. He needs to be surrounded by 3 point shooters to be effective. I think Diallo its better going small ball then Okafor do to his ability to run the floor. Either way much better fit then with the starting unit.

That was a good sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    100% AD looks tired and disinterested and I put that on him (ad). jrue and him have played big minutes, but I can see Jrue trying. He's working his arse off defensively. AD is just flat out floating around on both ends. I'm certainly not saying trade him to boston, but he's a grown man and he can own his own effort. he will probably come out and play a great second half, but he needs to be engaged, he's this teams star player and he can wear his share of the criticism.
    Yea I think when Cousins was playing we saw a great side of AD. He was aggressive and played his but off showing passing. Now he seems to have packed it in. I don't blame him in a way being blindsided that injury but some point you have to go out and play.

How in the world is this team so awful shooting from the stripe? It's alarmingly bad.

We getting back in this one. Just a slow start. People need to pump the brakes sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    We getting back in this one. Just a slow start. People need to pump the brakes sometimes.
    hah it would be very pelicans to win this and very sixers to lose this. Still doesn't excuse the early rubbish though

Gotta hit those wide open shots man.
    RIP FlyGirl

AD wishes he was Boogie from 3

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    hah it would be very pelicans to win this and very sixers to lose this. Still doesn't excuse the early rubbish though
    Haha you right about that! Yea I know but it's basketball and I have seen it happen to the best teams plenty of times this year. It's a little more frustrating for us because it seems to happen ever freakin game.. this site goes bonkers after the first couple of minutes.. atleast give it a quarter haha

Thread Information