Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rashad Vaughn

Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 02-08-2018 at 08:01 PM.

I think he may be worth holding onto , let’s see what he’s got you never know .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    I hope he can play defense. Looks like a good shooter though

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    I think he may be worth holding onto , let’s see what he’s got you never know .

I mean at this point, why not?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I think we keep him unless we find 2 buyout guys that can help.
    @DanielVeuleman

Very sweet jumper, I'll give him that

It’s worth a shot. I’m just glad Cunningham is finally gone.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I hope he can play defense. Looks like a good shooter though
    I watched and read everything on this kid I could. When he did get his nice little stretch of minutes and had those big scoring games his defense was supposedly great. Multiple people praised his defense and effort. Kid has the skill set and size we are looking for. I would say at just 21 years old he still has a ton of potential to be reached. Would have been a lottery pick if not for his meniscus tear. His stats are a little misleading do to the limited minutes he played. His 3 point shot is said to be very good but on paper it isn't. I'm excited to see what we have from and would like to continue his development here to see what we can get. No telling how good he can be and might just need the right opportunity. The games he got decent minutes he looked very good. Just think how good this team would look if Jackson, Vaughn, and Diallo can all just become good solid players on the bench alongside Mirotic and Miller.. this team desperately needs some luck like this to go our way.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Biggest thing to his benefit is he wasn't much younger than Devin Booker in that class.

Hopefully he hasn't hit his ceiling already.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Biggest thing to his benefit is he wasn't much younger than Devin Booker in that class.

Hopefully he hasn't hit his ceiling already.
    Hit his ceiling? If what he's shown so far is his ceiling no one is getting into that house.

hahahaha

Yeah, his jumper looks sooo sweet. But 3/4 of em are freaggin textbook in regards to form/footwork/release - i was very impressed, then I saw him not doing it all later in the highlights i've seen.

when trying to figure out why his minutes remained soo low, it wasn't too hard. of course he wasn't about to out-play kris middleton yet, but the bucks then acquired Malcom Brogdon- and 99% of the time a 25 yr old is going to play better team defense than a 21 yr old/ rather, a senior is going to play better than a freshman
    when you consider that the Bucks have always been in quasi-contention over in the Leastern Conference, he wasn't in the plans.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Yeah, his jumper looks sooo sweet. But 3/4 of em are freaggin textbook in regards to form/footwork/release - i was very impressed, then I saw him not doing it all later in the highlights i've seen.

when trying to figure out why his minutes remained soo low, it wasn't too hard. of course he wasn't about to out-play kris middleton yet, but the bucks then acquired Malcom Brogdon- and 99% of the time a 25 yr old is going to play better team defense than a 21 yr old/ rather, a senior is going to play better than a freshman
    when you consider that the Bucks have always been in quasi-contention over in the Leastern Conference, he wasn't in the plans.
    Yeah, this could actually be a real case of being stuck behind 4 or 5 other guys in the same position, not lack of talent problems

I'll keep optimistic but temper my hopes

Still trying to figure it out but cutting Vaughn and signing two minimum buyout players sends us damn close to the tax line.

If unlikely incentives happen in Jrue deal -then who knows...

It might be smart to remain with Vaughn

We still have 1 roster spot left don't we? I don't see us cutting Vaughn (but keeping his salary on the books) but trying to get a big for the last roster spot

I dont see us waiving Vaughn now that we are releasing James

James was going to be released.

My point is that there might be TWO guys available after buyout.
    Then cutting Vaughn MIGHT have sense.
    Right now lets give him a shot.

You guys always look at these situations too narrowly.

Forget Vaughn is on the team. Let's imagine he is out there with ALL the other guys who are out there. Would he be one of the top 2-3 targets on your list to help this season?

Of course not. So, when looking at it that way, why in the world would you keep him? Just because he happens to be here now? That doesn't make any sense. He won't ever play a meaningful minute for this team and he is an expiring contract so its not like you are developing for the long term. If you want to do that, you have Cooke and Jackson any way.

Vaughn will be gone and in his place will be a guy the Pels might actually give minutes to.
    @mcnamara247

Any realistic names/targets?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Forget Vaughn is on the team. Let's imagine he is out there with ALL the other guys who are out there. Would he be one of the top 2-3 targets on your list to help this season?

Of course not. So, when looking at it that way, why in the world would you keep him? Just because he happens to be here now? That doesn't make any sense. He won't ever play a meaningful minute for this team and he is an expiring contract so its not like you are developing for the long term. If you want to do that, you have Cooke and Jackson any way.

Vaughn will be gone and in his place will be a guy the Pels might actually give minutes to.
    We also eat his salary if we release him, which puts us -1 player, with no money to offer to anyone else once we sign a big

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    We also eat his salary if we release him, which puts us -1 player, with no money to offer to anyone else once we sign a big
    Exactly soggy, I can't see how he won't be here until the season ends with our cap sitch

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    No true.

All salaries are pro rated so depending on how many years of NBA experience the players we signed have we could potentially sign 2 players for the rest of the year if we cut Vaughn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No true.

All salaries are pro rated so depending on how many years of NBA experience the players we signed have we could potentially sign 2 players for the rest of the year if we cut Vaughn.
    I think we'll have enough trouble kicking the tyres on one player, let alone two. Can't we just give Vaughn a shot first?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Do you have any thoughts on who that would be I think there will be plenty of players available just not sure if they will sign with us versus other playoff teams but fingers crossed . MM you ever gonna unblock me twitter .

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No true.

Right now we have around 2.5 million to play with, plenty for 2 new players (we have one spot open, and Okafor on a 10 day that will be expiring soon)

The difference between Cunningham and Vaughn's contract is 200k... If we sign 2 minimum players (1 for roster spot, 1 in place of Okafor), then cut Vaughn, wouldn't we only have MAYBE 4-500k to play with, and still have a roster spot to fill?

Doesn't make sense to me to cut him

Edit: Also don't we gain a spot from releasing James? Or does 2 way contracts work different?
    Last edited by soggymoss; 02-09-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Thread Information