.
Pelicans Report
 
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Trade AD?

  1. #1

    Trade AD?

    Say we miss the playoffs. If this happens I️ doubt Cousins will sign with the Pelicans. What would be the plan if Cousins doesnít resign? I️ think we might fire Gentry, Demps and trade AD during the 2018 draft. We could get so much for AD. I️ would rebuild starting this summer if we miss the playoffs but first we have to fire demps.

    Trade AD for young talent and lotto picks. This draft coming up has some major talent. Which teams in the league do you think have the assets to give for AD? We have to move on imo if Cousins doesnít resign. We wonít win a championship if we canít sign Boogie.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Starter WildlifeAirGrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    New Orleans/Kenya
    Posts
    183
    This franchise will not survive another 5 years of 'rebuild'. Average fan was just starting to get excited about Boogie and the Brow. Take them both out of the picture and you have near zero interest. Boogies injury could not have happened at a worse time.
    Thanks Pelicans Report - I get a laugh or three every day reading this thing. Hoping the magic returns to the SKC soon.

  3. #3
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27,207
    Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    This franchise will not survive another 5 years of 'rebuild'. Average fan was just starting to get excited about Boogie and the Brow. Take them both out of the picture and you have near zero interest. Boogies injury could not have happened at a worse time.
    People wouldn't like it. Attendance would shrink. But if the team starts to win at any point in the future, the fans will be back.

    "Survive."

    As for trading AD. Not an option. Because we'd be trading AD hoping to get a player as good as AD later. I'd rather we just carry this whole thing to finality at a much later date than just cut off our heads now.

  4. #4
    Starter WildlifeAirGrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    New Orleans/Kenya
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    People wouldn't like it. Attendance would shrink. But if the team starts to win at any point in the future, the fans will be back.

    "Survive."

    As for trading AD. Not an option. Because we'd be trading AD hoping to get a player as good as AD later. I'd rather we just carry this whole thing to finality at a much later date than just cut off our heads now.
    Agreement with arena runs through 2024, that's not much time. The arena is already looking sad. Soon, we will be given mandates to fill the stands and the state will fuss about it. Suitors from Seattle and elsewhere will be lurking in the shadows.

    I agree let things run their course and while I never like to advocate someone losing their job, especially since I am no expert by any means, something needs to happen to shake this place up. One person out there would bring instant buzz back to the SKC if hired at the end of the season. He might even help with or would be the reason we resign Boogie and calm AD down a bit. Could we pull it off.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    One person out there would bring instant buzz back to the SKC if hired at the end of the season. He might even help with or would be the reason we resign Boogie and calm AD down a bit. Could we pull it off.
    Are you talking about Monty? It could happen. His firing proves the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

    I think at this point, it's definitely something that should be explored. This franchise had the opportunity of a lifetime landing AD in the draft. They somehow ended up with the right combination of ping pongs. The stars we're aligning. They had a young, up and coming stud in Eric Gordon. But we all know how this story ends. Even before the AD days, Demps looked like a genius with his savvy moves. But since getting AD, he's lost his way. He panicked and tried to do too much, too quickly. Patience and homework are the key. He's made too many bad trades that involve giving away valuable draft capital and has shelled out far too many bad contracts. That's not the way to build. Again, trading AD and starting fresh is definitely something that should be considered if they once again miss out on the postseason. I'm not saying I'm for or against it, that's just my take.

  6. #6
    The Franchise bustahyndes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boogie Wonderland
    Posts
    1,930
    Boogie will re-sign. End of discussion

  7. #7
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,392
    Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    Boogie will re-sign. End of discussion

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepeelsessions View Post
    Are you talking about Monty? It could happen. His firing proves the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

    I think at this point, it's definitely something that should be explored. This franchise had the opportunity of a lifetime landing AD in the draft. They somehow ended up with the right combination of ping pongs. The stars we're aligning. They had a young, up and coming stud in Eric Gordon. But we all know how this story ends. Even before the AD days, Demps looked like a genius with his savvy moves. But since getting AD, he's lost his way. He panicked and tried to do too much, too quickly. Patience and homework are the key. He's made too many bad trades that involve giving away valuable draft capital and has shelled out far too many bad contracts. That's not the way to build. Again, trading AD and starting fresh is definitely something that should be considered if they once again miss out on the postseason. I'm not saying I'm for or against it, that's just my take.

    Speak for yourself on that one lol, between the 1st rounder for Jerryd Bayless and the original veto'd Lakers trade, Demps has not been in my favor for some time.

    In fact, if you play the counter-factual game, had Demps not had his trade veto'd, that Lakers trade with Monty was probably enough to get us a dreaded 9th or 10th seed but taking on a lot of expensive veterans that could probably of thrown together 35 or so wins. Few things I am thankful for from David Stern, but that veto is probably one of them.

  9. #9
    THINK Contributor redrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Old Metairie
    Posts
    691
    NO
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Speak for yourself on that one lol, between the 1st rounder for Jerryd Bayless and the original veto'd Lakers trade, Demps has not been in my favor for some time.

    In fact, if you play the counter-factual game, had Demps not had his trade veto'd, that Lakers trade with Monty was probably enough to get us a dreaded 9th or 10th seed but taking on a lot of expensive veterans that could probably of thrown together 35 or so wins. Few things I am thankful for from David Stern, but that veto is probably one of them.
    I never said "every single Dell Demps transaction was a good transaction". And I did say "that is my take", so I was speaking for myself. Shall we take a trip down memory lane and revisit some of his past transactions, starting in 2010? I'm sure you'll find a mix of good and bad.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    NO
    Seconded.

    I have watched nearly every one of AD's games so far. If this franchise trades him in this offseason I will cease being a Pelicans fan until the idiot that trades him is gone. I will however, remain an Anthony Davis fan.

  12. #12
    Hall of Famer Creative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    This franchise will not survive another 5 years of 'rebuild'. Average fan was just starting to get excited about Boogie and the Brow. Take them both out of the picture and you have near zero interest. Boogies injury could not have happened at a worse time.
    Agreed in 100%

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Seconded.
    Thirded.
    Watching Pelicans games is what Georges Bataille meant by limit experiences.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Seconded.

    I have watched nearly every one of AD's games so far. If this franchise trades him in this offseason I will cease being a Pelicans fan until the idiot that trades him is gone. I will however, remain an Anthony Davis fan.
    See? You have just iterated my exact position with Cousins out of Sac.

    A.D. is your guy far FAR more than any second rate front office nimcompoop will ever be your guy. You can't ask for loyalty one way, and not show it the other. You get a superstar that actually wants to stay in your little NBA berg, you grab hold and do not let go.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 02-08-2018 at 09:11 AM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    See? You have just iterated my exact position with Cousins out of Sac.

    A.D. is your guy far FAR more than any second rate front office nimcompoop will ever be your guy. You can't ask for loyalty one way, and not show it the other. You get a superstar that actually wants to stay in your little NBA berg, you grab hold and do not let go.
    Exactly! I was born and raised in New Orleans. Couldn't wait to finally get an NBA franchise since I don't remember the Jazz here. But I will walk away from them if they do something as idiotic as trading him away this offseason. It is the gms responsibility to build a solid team around him once you manage to get him. I can no longer support that level of incompetence if it comes to it.

    My opinion changes if we are still stuck in mud when his next contract is coming up. It's just too soon right now.

  16. #16
    The clear move is to resign Boogie and have this conversation in the 2019 offseason

  17. #17
    I think we can resign boogie, even without making the playoffs. I THINK he wants to be here... But, we do need to get a backup big here, so that he can ease back in...

  18. #18
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27,207
    Everything I see says re-signing Boogie to a shorter term deal is highly likely. But certainly not guaranteed. Better teams will make a damn good sales pitch. Best case of the worst case scenario, I hope we can get a king's ransom for him.

  19. #19
    [QUOTE=Eman5805;1449776]Everything I see says re-signing Boogie to a shorter term deal is highly likely. But certainly not guaranteed. Better teams will make a damn good sales pitch. Best case of the worst case scenario, I hope we can get a king's ransom for him.[/

    but we get nothing for him if he signs with someone else... am i wrong?

  20. #20
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    2,460
    There are several trades out there that would make sense for AD. But before we recognize that, we have to kill the hyperbole about what it would mean to this team/franchise if we trade AD. The answer is it will be better than waiting for him to demand a trade, or locking ourselves into a roster that tops out at Memphis Grizzlies at best. A good young team could be fun. Much better than what we've been through as fans for the past 5 years. Fans are conditioned to be optimistic. A good marketing team, a great coach, and young talent would keep the die hards there, and the casual fan would still show up for big games. Not much would change.

    You could get a potential kings ransom from Chicago. If the new GM and coach could pull off a rebuild that starts with Dunn, Doncic, Markkanen and a second lottery pick, that would be an interesting and compelling place to start. What if on draft night Phoenix offers you Trae Young, Devon Booker, Josh Jackson, the Heat pick, and a future 1st?

    Never forget that Dan Dickau was a fan favorite for 50 games or so before we got Chris Paul and the arena was rocking!

    Phoenix, Boston, Chicago and Philadelphia could all put together trades that would have to get your attention. Who wouldn't rather watch a bunch of young guys attempting to overachieve?? The alternative would be continuing to watch this current disaster of a roster and our supposed superstar underachieve!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •