Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NBA trade deadline

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    If you listen to some this is completely unrealistic and impossible! This team is going to bring in another player. Although I'm all for waiting to make moves in the offseason. I sure wouldn't mind bringing in the right player though. Future 1st, Moore, and Diallo is enough to land a game changer.
    I would think you will see another deal for a minor backup player, either a PG or a big.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I would think you will see another deal for a minor backup player, either a PG or a big.
    I would be very happy with that. I think at the moment I'm fine with our bigs while maybe looking for a 4th big who can take some pounding in the paint. This team desperately needs another wing or bench PG. Shouldnt surprise anybody if we make a move and land a stud player. Dell isn't just going to sit on his hands while some stud wings are out there for what could be a good price. I think the Cousins injury could fast track us getting that player or put us in a position to wait for the summer. If I were going to bet I'm putting my $ on us acquiring another player.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

LoL I was just coming get to post about Marco.. I read some rumors saying if they can't trade him that they will likely buy him out. Would love to bring Belinelli here if he hits the open market. I wouldn't mind trading for him either if he came cheap. He would be a great fit for what we need on the bench.

If we could surround Rondo with Belinelli, Miller, and Mirotic with the bench unit he wouldn't be such a terrible fit for this team. He needs to be surrounded by shooters imo to be of any value to this team. We really need Solo to come back quickly and if we can get some production out of Jackson we should be a much better team. One more solid addition to this team with what we already have along with a couple of inured guys coming back can make a huge difference.

Simmons and Fournier are tearing the Cavs up right now. Wish we had these 2 guys on this team. Throw these 2 in the starting lineup with Jrue/AD/Boogie and we got a team. I really like Simmons a lot and would rather him over Hill. They are similiar players but I feel he would be a better fit here. Henzonja is playing very well also. This is the kid this team needs to go after. Fournier will be tough to get do to salary and what they will want but Henzonja is the type of deal we should be looking for. I really believe this kid is the perfect fit and is going to be a fringe all star player in a couple of years. The Magic have a bunch of players I would love to have on this team LoL. For some reason I love seein Lebron lose haha.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 02-06-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Simmons is obviously an upgrade on Hill on a contract half as much, don't know how you would get him though

He's on one of the best contracts in the NBA, I don't know how he only got 6 mil. He needs to fire his agent

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Simmons is obviously an upgrade on Hill on a contract half as much, don't know how you would get him though

He's on one of the best contracts in the NBA, I don't know how he only got 6 mil. He needs to fire his agent
    I'm not saying we can I just wish we had those 2 guys. Would be affordable if we could swap Moore/Hill out for Fournier/Simmons and this team would be set. Of course we would need to work on the bench but that's the easy part. Henzonja is the only one out of the 3 I think we would get before the deadline. For Fournier this summer seems like a more likely time we would possibly get him if we were even interested. I would actually rather have Henzonja over any of those guys do to his contract and upside. At worse he can be a very good wing bench player for us and his skill set fits in perfectly for what we would be asking.

Haha yeah that would be a dream

Sure would have been nice if Tyreke Evans held the same value on the trade market as he does now while he was here. We couldn't get anything for this guy and he's probably going to bring in a 1st round pick. That would have been huge for us.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Sure would have been nice if Tyreke Evans held the same value on the trade market as he does now while he was here. We couldn't get anything for this guy and he's probably going to bring in a 1st round pick. That would have been huge for us.
    eh we got boogie out of that trade, can't be too greedy

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    I was hoping for some kind off miracle... Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Wonder if this is just Charlotte picking up a cheap young player to add to the squad, or if they've got other moves in the pipeline. They've got 4 6'11+ guys now with this move, and most of them can't stretch the floor.
    Basketball.

We could have offered better than that

We could have offered better than that
    I would have thought so. Given our need for a 5 and his age, I would have thought we could have topped that offer.

Apparently he plays no defense

I like the idea of him in a vacuum but we just got Mirotic and we still have glaring holes at point guard and wing.

If we part with two seconds, I would very much prefer to fill those needs at this point. Point guard especially. I would really like to reduce the amount of minutes Rondo and Clark are running the offense.

Apparently he plays no defense
    I've watched the Knicks for a while, and this is almost true. His actual defense is fairly poor, but it's clear he does try most of the time; he just has little to no natural aptitude for it.

It’s been reported that Jazz guard Joe Johnson will be bought out if he’s not traded before the deadline, and two front-office sources have cited the Thunder as a leader for Johnson. 25 mins ago – via The Ringer
    For the right price - Why not?

I would rather a point guard for the second unit tha maybe another big to rotate in.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I have no idea what's going to happen, but it feels like nothing at all will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I have no idea what's going to happen, but it feels like nothing at all will happen.
    Thinking that may be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    For the right price - Why not?
    Would love him for the right price, but he gets to choose where to go and I do not think he will come here.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I would rather a point guard for the second unit tha maybe another big to rotate in.
    If we don't rent a legit BIG (Javale McGee et al ), AD's gas tank empties in 3 weeks. Then we hope we tank hard enough to beat the protected 1st rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    If we don't rent a legit BIG (Javale McGee et al ), AD's gas tank empties in 3 weeks. Then we hope we tank hard enough to beat the protected 1st rounder.
    I don't know if they could tank hard enough to have a shot at the protection... It's really discouraging that the front office hasn't made any other moves, but I can understand, as there is really nothing that can save this season... We need to give AD plenty of rest, work on our D and developing Diallo as much as possible the rest of the year, as well as incorporating Hill back into rotation if possible... Threekola was a great addition, but unfortunately, he and AD are going to be working overtime if we are trying to actually win any games... Next year we can "do it big" the right way... If we develop Diallo properly, he could be a great trade asset, but I'd rather us keep him.

Thread Information