Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: 2018 NBA trade deadline

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Say the player is owed 4 million they settle on 2 million and then they release him and he can go sign for another team of his choice . Something like that anyway .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!! I figured it was something like that!

Basketball Guru
    are we going to buy out allen?....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    Allen who ?

Allen who ?

Tony Allen?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Tony Allen was traded to the Bulls and they released him and no we can’t sign him due to NBA rules .

Tony Allen was traded to the Bulls and they released him and no we can’t sign him due to NBA rules .

Maybe Allen Allen?

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    No but Chicago just waived him

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    No but Chicago just waived him
    i didnt know we traded allen lol...

Boogie getting hurt and Monroe choosing the Celtics were the kisses of death for the Pels playoff hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Boogie getting hurt and Monroe choosing the Celtics were the kisses of death for the Pels playoff hopes.
    I agree I still can’t believe Monroe didn’t want to come here and start vs riding the pine in Boston

Monroe followed the money. He didn't give a damn about the opportunity which tells me enough about him. On the surface you see more money and better team but the reality is the will be bench fodder playing for a minimum contract come this off season as opposed to taking less now and getting more due to inflated numbers here later.
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Or maybe just let Diallo put on weight and add to his game. Can Dell grow his draft pick?
    Diallo has been trying to add weight for 2 years, is he suddenly supposed to add 30 pounds overnight to not get beat up inside? And add to his game? What is this 2k where we can just pump stats into him?

He's not even under contract after this year. He is a 2nd round pick that hasnt developed. Sucks, but there it is. The love affair with Diallo is similar to that of Jeff Withey. Sometimes players need time and sometimes they just are what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Diallo has been trying to add weight for 2 years, is he suddenly supposed to add 30 pounds overnight to not get beat up inside? And add to his game? What is this 2k where we can just pump stats into him?

He's not even under contract after this year. He is a 2nd round pick that hasnt developed. Sucks, but there it is. The love affair with Diallo is similar to that of Jeff Withey. Sometimes players need time and sometimes they just are what they are.
    Apparently you have no idea how human bodies work. He just turned 21. He does NOT have his adult body yet. He will add weight. Whether it will be gradual or for some people, yes SUDDENLY the weight will be added. For the time being he can eat 4 whole cows per day and his 21 year old metabolism won't allow for mass buildup. Thats just how it works for some people. Many people. Including me.

Secondly, players add to their games all the time. Cousins was not a 3 point shooter coming into this league or his first few years in it. You know whats funny? Neither was Ryan Anderson. Comparing him to Jeff Withey is kinda stupid since Withey entered the league after 4 years of college and at age 23. If he needed to add to his body and game you'd expect it a lot sooner than Diallo, who didn't even start playing basketball until his teen years.

I mean your words seem more like a hate affair than other's people "love affair".

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Apparently you have no idea how human bodies work. He just turned 21. He does NOT have his adult body yet. He will add weight. Whether it will be gradual or for some people, yes SUDDENLY the weight will be added. For the time being he can eat 4 whole cows per day and his 21 year old metabolism won't allow for mass buildup. Thats just how it works for some people. Many people. Including me.

Secondly, players add to their games all the time. Cousins was not a 3 point shooter coming into this league or his first few years in it. You know whats funny? Neither was Ryan Anderson. Comparing him to Jeff Withey is kinda stupid since Withey entered the league after 4 years of college and at age 23. If he needed to add to his body and game you'd expect it a lot sooner than Diallo, who didn't even start playing basketball until his teen years.

I mean your words seem more like a hate affair than other's people "love affair".
    No I'm being realistic. Fans always get their hopes wrapped up in the underdog, just like years ago Withey was going to be the center of our future. My point is, there is no development because he's not even under contract after this season. He is probably a G League player next year. He has shown nothing that warrants his spot over guys that we can just grab out of nowhere.

It has nothing to do with hate because I really like Diallo. I like that he is a high energy guy. I like that he gives 100% effort constantly, anytime he is in the game and even on the bench. I like his personality. I like story. He's easy to pull for. But none of that matters if he can't show it on the court.

What are we supposed to do keep him on the roster 4 more years in the hope he finally "develops"? This is the same fallacy fans have for mid to late 1st round draft picks. The ballers will force their case for playing time and those who are average won't. Let Diallo go to Europe for a few years just like Miller then bring him back if he ever gets his game right. But there is no need for us to eat a roster spot doing it ourselves on a guy who just hasn't shown enough to be worth it.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-10-2018 at 12:05 PM.

I’ve been curious why no one had picked him up. Or even why the Pels didn’t give him a look after Nelson was shipped out.

Seems like he would immediately challenge Ian Clark’s minutes on this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I’ve been curious why no one had picked him up. Or even why the Pels didn’t give him a look after Nelson was shipped out.

Seems like he would immediately challenge Ian Clark’s minutes on this roster.

Thread Information