Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Liggins signs with the Pels

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    1)the Magic have come out and stated they are willing to make trades for draft picks and young players since they are not in a win now mode but rebuilding.. that means Fournier is almost guaranteed to be on the trade block for draft picks and young players which we can provide.. we move Moore for a 1st and we have 2 young promising players if even both are needed.

2)then on our side of the deal you have a team like the Pels who have shown they are willing to try and make the team better through trades.. Fournier makes this team better. Trade history usually shows that teams who already have their hat tipped and have said played on the market that they are not going to get what people would qualify as full market price.. I don't even see someone like Anthony Davis fetching what people would put together as his trade price.. it just doesn't happen and a player like Fournier is not unrealistic being mentioned as an option for our team through a trade.

3) all trades are pretty random by the way so I don't see your problem there when I'm quite sure you have presented your "random" trade. What makes it not so random is the Magic are sellers and we are buyers..
    OK let's break this down! :

1: Who is giving up a 1st for Moore? Your entire argument earlier was "look how cheap players are being traded for" then you turn around and say Moore can be traded for a 1st. That doesn't match your logic.

Jackson and Diallo have little to no trade value at all right now. Heck, before the last 2 games Diallo had been terrible all year. Jackson hasn't even stepped foot on the court this year due to injury. Diallo isn't even under contract after this year anyway. But they are going to move Orlando's needle?

Nope, doesn't hold up.

2) Yes our team has shown a willingness to make themselves better through trade.... And we just completed a trade sending out our 1st for this year with protections stopping us from trading any future 1st for 4 years until after the draft.

If we had wanted Fournier we could have traded for him using our 1st a lot easier. If we wanted a better player we could have packaged Moore and our 1st. We didn't do it. We made our big move.

Again, your logic doesn't hold up.

3) We are not buyers anymore... We traded our 1st. We signed a 10 day guy to a contract to fill a roster spot and have a 10 day currently filling the other. If we were going to trade Moore we wouldn't play him 12 minutes, we'd play him ZERO MINUTES just like the Bulls did with Mirotic.

Yet again, your logic just isn't there.

You have no reasons that support a Fournier trade. You just have a crush on him.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-05-2018 at 12:04 AM.

LoL I have been saying from the very beginning Moore would likely be part of a 3 team deal netting us a draft pick to go along with our young players.. only logic I have in this argument is that a trade isn't unrealistic.. nice to know that you know if we are buyers or not and what has been going on behind the scenes.. whose your source? The janitor? LoL the rest of your argument is just not even worth responding to.. your reaching hard to back up that "unrealistic"
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 02-05-2018 at 12:08 AM.

Believe what you want. It's not even worth the effort for someone who when Thursday passes still won't be on this team. I just hope you can survive the disappointment when we don't get Fournier before the deadline.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-05-2018 at 12:13 AM.

LoL yea you destroyed me! I'm sunk I give up.. any trade from now on is unrealistic unless Mythrol liked it.. if he doesn't prepare to get destroyed

I will bet any $ Fournier is moved for no more then a 1st.

I will bet any $ Fournier is moved for no more then a 1st.
    Who's saying he won't be?

I said Moore won't net us Fournier and he won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Who's saying he won't be?

I said Moore won't net us Fournier and he won't.
    I can go through your whole argument and it was never if Moore would net a 1st or not.. until your last paragraph was the first time you even mentioned saying who would give us a 1st?.. your entire argument was that is isn't possible to get him and that trades are random so it's unrealistic.. we just sent the Bulls a 1st and Asik for Mirotic but your gonna sit here and say no way Moore could get a 1st straight up? Weren't you just saying hoe amazing of a contract he was on? By the way we can offer a future 1st round pick which have been moved in deals.. we do have young players which they are said to be looking for as well.. not even worth engaging because your entire argument as been proven wrong over and over.. every single year your argument is proven wrong.. I'm destroyed I give up..

I can go through your whole argument and it was never if Moore would net a 1st or not.. until your last paragraph was the first time you even mentioned saying who would give us a 1st?.. your entire argument was that is isn't possible to get him and that trades are random so it's unrealistic.. we just sent the Bulls a 1st and Asik for Mirotic but your gonna sit here and say no way Moore could get a 1st straight up? Weren't you just saying hoe amazing of a contract he was on? By the way we can offer a future 1st round pick which have been moved in deals.. we do have young players which they are said to be looking for as well.. not even worth engaging because your entire argument as been proven wrong over and over.. every single year your argument is proven wrong.. I'm destroyed I give up..
    Why would ANY team give us a 1st for Moore when they could just trade their own 1st for Fournier? If Fournier is so much better and so worth it, then other teams would be stupid to trade for Moore and not just take Fournier themselves.

If we wanted him so badly why didn't we trade for him before making a move for Mirotic when we still had our 1st?

As I've said since the beginning all these Moore trade suggestions would have made a lot more sense before we made a trade for Mirotic. Now moving Moore just doesn't fit with what our team has asset wise and wouldn't net us a return that is worth it.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-05-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Why would ANY team give us a 1st for Moore when they could just trade their own 1st for Fournier? If Fournier is so much better and so worth it, then other teams would be stupid to trade for Moore and not just take Fournier themselves.

If we wanted him so badly why didn't we trade for him before making a move for Mirotic when we still had our 1st?

As I've said since the beginning all these Moore trade suggestions would have made a lot more sense before we made a trade for Mirotic. Now moving Moore just doesn't fit with what our team has asset wise and wouldn't net us a return that is worth it.
    What about trading Moore, Ajinca and a 2nd round pick to the Lakers for Jordan Clarkson? The Lakers have 2 centers with expiring contracts and Ajinca should be back healthy next year and be in his final year. If Ajinca comes back and can produce decent numbers as a backup and Moore continues to play well I️ see it being a good move for the Lakers. They’ll get 2 players on good contracts and a 2nd rounder. It fits their needs IMO. They should move Clarkson and the PELS would be a very good fit for him. He could start at point or be a very solid pg off the bench. 6th man. We don’t know what’s going to happen with Rondo so we need to think ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    What about trading Moore, Ajinca and a 2nd round pick to the Lakers for Jordan Clarkson? The Lakers have 2 centers with expiring contracts and Ajinca should be back healthy next year and be in his final year. If Ajinca comes back and can produce decent numbers as a backup and Moore continues to play well I️ see it being a good move for the Lakers. They’ll get 2 players on good contracts and a 2nd rounder. It fits their needs IMO. They should move Clarkson and the PELS would be a very good fit for him. He could start at point or be a very solid pg off the bench. 6th man. We don’t know what’s going to happen with Rondo so we need to think ahead.

Moore for Clarkson (which is essentially the meat of that trade) is an awful move.

Moore is averaging 13/3/2 on 61%TS including 43.5% from 3.

Clarkson is averaging 14.7/3/3 on 53%TS and 33% from 3.

Moore's usage rate is only 16%, Clarksons is 27%.

Clarkson costs $12.5m/pa for the next three, Moore only costs $8.5m/pa for the next three.

So by swapping Moore for Clarkson you get: 1.7 extra points and 1 extra assist per game, on considerably lower efficiency, for a player who requires more focus and usage, at the low low cost of only another $4m a year.

No thanks.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

1) Lakers are loooking for expiring contracts only

2) Not much of an upgrade, and costs even more

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Moore for Clarkson (which is essentially the meat of that trade) is an awful move.

Moore is averaging 13/3/2 on 61%TS including 43.5% from 3.

Clarkson is averaging 14.7/3/3 on 53%TS and 33% from 3.

Moore's usage rate is only 16%, Clarksons is 27%.

Clarkson costs $12.5m/pa for the next three, Moore only costs $8.5m/pa for the next three.

So by swapping Moore for Clarkson you get: 1.7 extra points and 1 extra assist per game, on considerably lower efficiency, for a player who requires more focus and usage, at the low low cost of only another $4m a year.

No thanks.
    Yeah this about sums it up for me. Clarkson isn't worth the extra 4m a year. Not with what our cap situation is going into next year.

Even if we have to hold Onto Ajinca until the summer he will be an expiring at that point and should easily be able to be moved or packaged with another deal for filler reasons.

Or hey, maybe he stays healthy for once and can come in and give us 10-12 minutes at the center position next year. That would give us a lot of options at the deadline.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-05-2018 at 07:48 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    How do you upgrade him when the next pick you can trade is 2022?

How do we even know it will be an upgrade adding a brand new player to a team in the middle of a playoff push for a guy who has 2 years in the system and knows his role?

All I'm saying is people need to be freaking realistic. Moore doesn't net us a star by himself, all other move able assets are negative, and we don't have a 1st to offer for 4 years...

I'd move Moore too as part of a package for a star, but we don't have the package to do it at the deadline.
    I don't need to be realistic. Trade Moore for LeBron. Why would the Cavs say no?

Trade for a player that is basically a lock to come here as a free agent? C'mon, Eman.....
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Trade for a player that is basically a lock to come here as a free agent? C'mon, Eman.....
    Silly me. I was just so focused on getting him for our title run now. Oh well. Guess we'll go for back to back championships with LeBron next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I don't need to be realistic. Trade Moore for LeBron. Why would the Cavs say no?
    They probably wouldn't. However Lebron has a no trade clause.

It's why I suggested Moore for Kwahi personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Silly me. I was just so focused on getting him for our title run now. Oh well. Guess we'll go for back to back championships with LeBron next year.
    BRON BRON BRON BRON!!!

Basketball Guru
    Well im happy with the team we have now.....i just want us to get a center that can deal with strong centers so AD wont get abuse early in a game by guarding them and loose focus because of the punishment....

Moore is good for the pelicans...the dude show up against teams like houston and GS where we need shooters to score and he know his role and seems comfortable in the system...moore shows up period for us.....as for his 12mins,,if you can watch the replay,,i think moore hurt something because you see he was not running right in the second period.....so i hope moore stays and he will show up for the playoffs 2...

Rondo is a pro....i have all faith that rondo will show up and lead this team in the playoffs just like he did for chicago......rondo is the general this team need and will handle his business come playoff time just like nelson would have if he was still here....

imo our main concern is when hill come back and finding a center that can take the load off of AD at the 5.......if hill come in and do what he do,,play defense,,,rebound,,,drive to the basket and hit some open 3s then we will have added firepower and defense plus finding a center who can give us rebounding,,,10pts and take some of that load off of AD at the 5...i believe we are playing in the conference championship game......

so im all in favor of keeping the team we have plus added a center........

welcome back liggins......

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    Well im happy with the team we have now.....i just want us to get a center that can deal with strong centers so AD wont get abuse early in a game by guarding them and loose focus because of the punishment....

Moore is good for the pelicans...the dude show up against teams like houston and GS where we need shooters to score and he know his role and seems comfortable in the system...moore shows up period for us.....as for his 12mins,,if you can watch the replay,,i think moore hurt something because you see he was not running right in the second period.....so i hope moore stays and he will show up for the playoffs 2...

Rondo is a pro....i have all faith that rondo will show up and lead this team in the playoffs just like he did for chicago......rondo is the general this team need and will handle his business come playoff time just like nelson would have if he was still here....

imo our main concern is when hill come back and finding a center that can take the load off of AD at the 5.......if hill come in and do what he do,,play defense,,,rebound,,,drive to the basket and hit some open 3s then we will have added firepower and defense plus finding a center who can give us rebounding,,,10pts and take some of that load off of AD at the 5...i believe we are playing in the conference championship game......

Good post, made a lot of good points there. I agree a big bodied C could be helpful, but do you think they need another PG? Rondo is alright, but all the plus/minus numbers show the team is worse when he's on the court, mostly due to his defense and shooting/spacing. Ideally we could add 2 players, a C and PG, and Hill comes back well.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Good post, made a lot of good points there. I agree a big bodied C could be helpful, but do you think they need another PG? Rondo is alright, but all the plus/minus numbers show the team is worse when he's on the court, mostly due to his defense and shooting/spacing. Ideally we could add 2 players, a C and PG, and Hill comes back well.

im not worried about the PG position this season because i believe rondo will turn it on and handle his business......im worried about hill coming back strong....remember before we got boogie,,hill used to bring the ball up court alot....and to close games out i think gentry will go with jrue,,,moore and hill as the guards and wing....plus clark can run the PG.....

my main concern is getting a big to guard other centers......if the playoffs start today,,every team have a center that AD would have to use energy and guard in the paint except GS but AD would still have to battle green for rebounds.......it just dont make sense to me to force AD to play the 5 40mins a game and deal with those guys when he does not want to play it....just get someone to take the load off him so AD can do him and ball.......

my main concern is getting a big to guard other centers......if the playoffs start today,,every team have a center that AD would have to use energy and guard in the paint except GS but AD would still have to battle green for rebounds.......
    GS, Houston, SA, Portland, Denver all don't worry me at all with their center.

There are only two teams that after the Cousins injury concerns me with our big match up and that's Wolves and OKC. Everyone else plays a stretch big or someone that AD is even bigger than.

Who needs a center, the Pels have the six fouls and muscle of Okafor to get beat up so AD doesn't have to if it comes to that.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Thread Information