Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Pels at Wolves. Welcome the Beard.

I really don't get the logic, whatever it was, for why Moore only got 12 minutes tonight? While Ian Clark got 30 minutes.

I am utterly baffled.

I will say, if you told me two days ago we would go 1-1 on this road trip I probably would of laughed at you.

So I'll take the split.

Niko is a bright spot. I really think he has the ability to average 20-10 the rest of the season with starter minutes. And his defense looked surprisingly good.

Diallo also deserves a big shout out again. 15 minutes and a double double, 10-10.

Jimmy Butler is also the most underrated superstar in this league. He locked down Jrue while going 30-8-7. Guy is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I will say, if you told me two days ago we would go 1-1 on this road trip I probably would of laughed at you.

So I'll take the split.

Niko is a bright spot. I really think he has the ability to average 20-10 the rest of the season with starter minutes. And his defense looked surprisingly good.

Diallo also deserves a big shout out again. 15 minutes and a double double, 10-10.

Jimmy Butler is also the most underrated superstar in this league. He locked down Jrue while going 30-8-7. Guy is incredible.
    Butler is the best player on the Wolves and I don't think it's arguable. He's worlds better than Wiggins and Towns.

I agree about 3kola, by the way. He's not some super athlete or shot blocker but he has a brain and he uses it. Good positional defense, reasonable length and defense, and he has a real basketball IQ. I'm not sure if he'll get up to 20/10, but I could see 18/8 or similar without too much difficulty.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Butler is the best player on the Wolves and I don't think it's arguable. He's worlds better than Wiggins and Towns.

I agree about 3kola, by the way. He's not some super athlete or shot blocker but he has a brain and he uses it. Good positional defense, reasonable length and defense, and he has a real basketball IQ. I'm not sure if he'll get up to 20/10, but I could see 18/8 or similar without too much difficulty.
    I mean he was basically 17-7 when he was only getting 25 minutes on the Bulls. I think at 34 minutes, with AD commanding so much attention, he should be able to sneak in another 3 points somewhere

And you are right, Butler is basically the heart and soul of the Wolves ascension. They probably aren't even a playoff team if they don't have Butler. Towns certainly wouldn't have started playing defense if it weren't for Butler reportedly shaming him into it.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 02-04-2018 at 12:09 AM.

I mean he was basically 17-7 when he was only getting 25 minutes on the Bulls. I think at 34 minutes, with AD commanding so much attention, he should be able to sneak in another 3 points somewhere
    The only reason I'm not sure is that his usage rate on the Bulls was 26%, cause they didn't have a designated star. I don't think his usg% will stay that high on this team; AD's is only 28.9%

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The only reason I'm not sure is that his usage rate on the Bulls was 26%, cause they didn't have a designated star. I don't think his usg% will stay that high on this team; AD's is only 28.9%
    Fair point. I guess I just think about all the open three's he will get thanks to teams over-compensating for AD on pick and rolls, something he never had in Chicago, and Rondo slicing defenses to get him open looks.

That and well, we are a bit light on consistent talent and one great thing about Niko is how consistent he is in his scoring output. Only scoring in single digits when playing more than 25 minutes like once this season.

Fair point. I guess I just think about all the open three's he will get thanks to teams over-compensating for AD on pick and rolls, something he never had in Chicago, and Rondo slicing defenses to get him open looks.

That and well, we are a bit light on consistent talent and one great thing about Niko is how consistent he is in his scoring output. Only scoring in single digits when playing more than 25 minutes like once this season.
    You definitely have a point and I'd love to see 20/10. I guess we'll see exactly how it works out, but the consistency you mentioned is really what seals the deal for me.

I sure hope Dante is no where near the court when Solo comes back. I would rather have Okafor and AD than Dante in the game.

I don't think you can see a much better debut game than what 3kola did

18 effortless points, crazy active on defence, boarding like a boss.

And to think we dumped 3 contracts and got a pick back for him.

If you've read the Bird Writes article about the other trades we dangled the 1st for, then we got the best package by far and that's an understatement
    Last edited by AusPel; 02-04-2018 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I don't think you can see a much better debut game than what 3kola did

18 effortless points, crazy active on defence, boarding like a boss.

And to think we dumped 3 contracts and got a pick back for him.

If you've read the Bird Writes article about the other trades we dangled the 1st for, then we got the best package by far and that's an understatement
    Yea his defense is very legit. Really high bball-IQ, too.

So uhhh, you plan on changing your avatar now that Mr. Nelson has been traded?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Yea his defense is very legit. Really high bball-IQ, too.

So uhhh, you plan on changing your avatar now that Mr. Nelson has been traded?
    Yeah I'll get around to it. The size restrictions on avvies are a pain in the arse though

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Yeah I'll get around to it. The size restrictions on avvies are a pain in the arse though
    tru dat

Is it a testament to the team improvement that Dante went from being slightly loved two seasons ago to hated this season.....or a decline in DC himself? I'll go with the first.

This team really has come a long way.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    We don't have another SF on the roster.. the next biggest guy that we can even play at SF is 6'4.. we need Solo back so Dante sees little to no minutes.. with how big the TWolves lineup we didn't really have a choice.
    Miller? He has size to match up with other sf and can stretch the floor.

I sure hope we start Mirotic at the 4 and put Dante on the bench. Hopefully, we find another big to bring off the bench but Dante should not be starting over Mirotic.

Shout out to Diallo who didn’t shoot the ball well but didn’t foul out and rebounding like crazy.

Dante has been a disappointment, agree. I wish Miller could play the 2 some, but he's too slow.

Brow, beard, solo, Miller, jrue us what I wish we could do. This would give you spacing and open looks.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I know I'm looking ahead. But after seeing Niko last night, I'm salivating at the though of him coming off the bench for Boogie or AD next season. Gives the Twin Towers more time to rest. Loved what I saw from him.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I know I'm looking ahead. But after seeing Niko last night, I'm salivating at the though of him coming off the bench for Boogie or AD next season. Gives the Twin Towers more time to rest. Loved what I saw from him.
    Agreed! AD, Boogie, Mirotic, and Diallo (playing sparing minutes) is a championship contending front court rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Definitely.. We could possibly only have to play AD and Boogie around 30-32 minutes each per game, especially if Diallo keeps looking better and can get some minutes also

Thread Information