Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Emeka Okafor to Pels

Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 02-03-2018 at 11:10 AM.

A blast from the past. Might as well kick the tires on him, we could use his rebounding.

We needs bodies right now hopefully we can find a way to get an upgrade such as Lopez buyout but let’s see what he can give us in the 10 day contract .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    well we know he can rebound...he can help at the 5 and keep AD from getting punish b4 the all star break...

I would have rathered Terrace Jones over Okafor but can’t really complain about a 10 day and just need an extra body.

The Franchise
    Not that okafor!!! Lol. They are saving jones for later.

What year is it...
    Basketball.

With all the big bodies out there...

A few years back I was interested, now who knows. Also kind of annoying: this could have been done at any time. Like for instance the months while A.D. and Boogie were logging 40 min every night trying to carry the team with no NBA worthy backup big men.

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/emeka-okaf...ers-gleague/4/

I thought it might be a joke but it looks like he got medically cleared to play last spring and wanted 1 more run at it. I hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    With all the big bodies out there...

A few years back I was interested, now who knows. Also kind of annoying: this could have been done at any time. Like for instance the months while A.D. and Boogie were logging 40 min every night trying to carry the team with no NBA worthy backup big men.
    No it couldn't because of a full roster, the hard cap, and the fact 10 days aren't allowed to be offered until mid to late Dec. He is an Asik replacement. Nothing more.

It's time to see what Baron Davis is up to.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We better do more than this... I think okafor is possibly better than Asik but that’s not saying much. I like that he’s a vet and has been relatively successful in the nba.

Could we still get an impact player? Who????

This is the type of move that you look back at while AD is holding up that nba championship trophy and say, "yep, that got us over the edge."

Should have just called shaq

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Who knows how this will work. There's almost no tread on his tires at this stage. And I assume he's in excellent condition, so...fingers crossed.

How many roster spots we have open now ?

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    How many roster spots we have open now ?

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Ok thanks

Was ready to get rid of Okafor when he was here and that was when he was 10 years younger. I like the pickup mostly for nostalgia but I doubt this is going to be more then a 10 day experiment. Should be a huge upgrade over Asik. I would love to be wrong on this one!

Key is, he is available tonight. My guess is they are using him as a bridge to fill some center minutes while we get through the deadline.

If he does good and we don't need the spot maybe he sticks around for the rest of the season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Make Emeka Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Key is, he is available tonight. My guess is they are using him as a bridge to fill some center minutes while we get through the deadline.

If he does good and we don't need the spot maybe he sticks around for the rest of the season.
    Yeah, I don't really mind how he plays as long as he's not actively bad. If he can set some decent screens, rebound the easy ones, and protect the rim a little then I don't care if he's slow or old or can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, I don't really mind how he plays as long as he's not actively bad. If he can set some decent screens, rebound the easy ones, and protect the rim a little then I don't care if he's slow or old or can't hit the broad side of a barn.
    The thing is we have 4 PFs on the team and 0 healthy centers, so it makes sense to bring him in to replace the few minutes Asik has been getting. If AD plays all of his minutes at Center to close out the season then we need a guy that can give you at least 8-10 minutes of rest.

Hopefully we pick one up by the deadline or after one is cut, but we still needed that guy now for a couple games. Makes sense.

My problem with Okafor was his inability to finish around the rim. Just felt like we were missing that quick twitch athlete at the center position that could take advantage of all the easy buckets CP3 created. With Davis on this team Okafor is a much better fit then being put next to someone like DWest. All we need from Okafor is to be a poor man Tristan Thompson. We don't need him to be a scorer outside of the easy put backs. OKC was a perfect example where it would have been nice to have Okafor on Adams for about 12-18 minutes instead of AD having to take the pounding all game. I have no doubt he is a huge upgrade from Asik but that's not saying much. Excited to see what he can do.

Thread Information