Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Monroe signs with the Celtics

Yeah, this is what I was worried about after the Mirotic trade. With all fo Boogie's minutes available maybe the minutes >> than the chance to go deep in the playoffs. But with competition for minutes at either location, then the Celts' greater ambitions this year possibly won out.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Yep, there is no logical reason to have a cut off date
    I mean even if you are going to do it, it should make some coherent sense. Why would you put it before the trade deadline and still allow buyouts to take place afterwards? Since that is often how people use them.

If you are going to enforce a deadline, it should be after the trade deadline and after some sort of agreed upon buyout deadline is established. Otherwise it cripples teams like the Pelicans or Thunder that get a devastating injury to key players or role players on the back end of a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa Brazil View Post
    Lopez buyout, Randle, maybe one of the bigs Atlanta has, only Dell knows. But I believe he will still net us some more help
    Also, Bogut and quite possibly Noah could end up out there. both defensive minded and can pass. Lots of potential big bodies with experience that could fill in for 15-20min for half a season.

Our second to New York for O'Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Yeah, this is what I was worried about after the Mirotic trade. With all fo Boogie's minutes available maybe the minutes >> than the chance to go deep in the playoffs. But with competition for minutes at either location, then the Celts' greater ambitions this year possibly won out.
    They outbid us and gave him 5m for 20 weeks of basketball.

It had nothing to do with minutes because he would have gotten plenty here.

Monroe was in a no lose situation. He would have benefited no matter what.

Player after player has thrived playing for Brad Stevens. If Monroe does the same, this will be a smart move for him.

Monroe might be the same net negative on the court he's always been. So good riddance.

I think we offered him 2.2 mil and boston offered 5+. Aside from the obvious ring chasing he's getting more than what he would have gotten in NO. So I can't say that I blame him.

Not gonna lie. Slightly bummed.

But we'll see who we get next. Will feel better once we do land that next big. And I'm sure we will.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Magic are gauging interest in Aaron Gordon.. What would it take to pry him away??

Ajinca and a 2020 1st with the 2018 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Magic are gauging interest in Aaron Gordon.. What would it take to pry him away??

Ajinca and a 2020 1st with the 2018 2nd?
    Can't trade our 2020 1st until after the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I thought it was just consecutive picks??

These NBA rules confuse me lol

I thought it was just consecutive picks??

These NBA rules confuse me lol
    It's due to the protections Dell placed on the 18 pick.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    It's due to the protections Dell placed on the 18 pick.
    Gotcha.. He s houldnt have placed any protection then, there's pretty much a less than 0% chance we would fall all the way back to the 8th pick, unless we barely miss the playoffs and have a swing of luck in the lottery

Gotcha.. He s houldnt have placed any protection then, there's pretty much a less than 0% chance we would fall all the way back to the 8th pick, unless we barely miss the playoffs and have a swing of luck in the lottery
    He isn't going to trade another 1st before the draft is over so the protections won't matter and they give us a dice roll incase everything comes off the hinges and injury destroys us even more this season. As soon as we transfer the pick in the draft all future picks will again be available.

What about Nerlens Noel? He’s doing nothing in dallas. Let’s reuinte the Block Party (AD + Noel for the brief hour we had him before trading for Jrue).

He isn't going to trade another 1st before the draft is over so the protections won't matter and they give us a dice roll incase everything comes off the hinges and injury destroys us even more this season. As soon as we transfer the pick in the draft all future picks will again be available.
    Saw someone joke that those protections were Dell's way of protecting himself from himself, so he can't trade another 1st this week even though he may want to, lol

Definitely beats any offer Pels could make. Actually, if Cunningham would agree to be trade, he and Diallo and one or two 2nds could do it. But can't see why Dante would consent to go to the Lakers (he has right to veto any trade due to his re-signing with his former team on a one year deal, like Mirotic).

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Saw someone joke that those protections were Dell's way of protecting himself from himself, so he can't trade another 1st this week even though he may want to, lol
    That's pretty funny.

Very surprising and something I would have put $ on he wouldn't do. Sure he has a better chance for a ring but he had a much better chance to set himself up for that one last decent contract he could get next season. Not like going to Boston is a bad decision but I feel being his hometown along with all of the positives that potentially came with it put us as the best place for him to go.

Hearing it’s possible the Celtics could hold off on officially signing Monroe until after the trade deadline to maintain flexibility. Likely soon.
    Twitter AdamHimmelsbach

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Twitter AdamHimmelsbach
    That’s funny! And he thinks he’s going to get minutes in the playoffs when he’s still the backup plan.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    From what I understand, we can make it a 2022 & then trade 2022 for 2020 after the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    From what I understand, we can make it a 2022 & then trade 2022 for 2020 after the draft.
    Yes the 1st pick we could offer is 2022 until after the draft.

Monroe signs with the Celtics

http://app.clutchpoints.com/?type=ne...ticleId=447203

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boston may not sign Monroe until the deadline ....

Thread Information