Pelicans Report

Thread: Is there Precedent for us to follow to sign boogie this summer?

Is there Precedent for us to follow to sign boogie this summer?

Are there any other "Stars" who got hurt going into free agency and how did that after there signing the max?
    Would Boogie take a 4 year $100,000,000 contract or 5 for $125,000,000?
    What should we offer?

More than likely it'll take a full max to retain Boogie.

I have a strong feeling that Dell is still going to offer Boogie the max deal.

Who knows?!?! Boogie may be a medical miracle and come back stronger like Brees did after his shoulder was torn in half.

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINION View Post
    Are there any other "Stars" who got hurt going into free agency and how did that after there signing the max?
    Would Boogie take a 4 year $100,000,000 contract or 5 for $125,000,000?
    What should we offer?
    Wes matthews had the same. Injury around the same time as Cousins and got the full max.

Cousins is way better than Wes even before the injury, he will get the full max. He was having an MVP season.

Rudy Gay signed with the almighty Spurs after also tearing his achilles in mid January. Not a max deal obviously but the Spurs used their full MLE on him. Amounts to about $8.5 million per. Achilles injuries don't scare teams off.

He will sign 2 years and 1 year option.
    This will line up with Davis' contract.
    I think he would have done this regardless of the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I have a strong feeling that Dell is still going to offer Boogie the max deal.

Who knows?!?! Boogie may be a medical miracle and come back stronger like Brees did after his shoulder was torn in half.
    Dell will most definitely offer Boogie the max. Every decision he's made up until now says he will.

Any team that signs Boogie to the max is playing with fire. After that Achilles tear Boogie may never be the same. Alot of people are commenting from what they've heard or read about Achilles ruptures, but I tore mine in 2006, and while I'm not a world class athlete, and did not get the world class rehab that Boogie got... I haven't been and will never be the same as I was before the injury.

So give Boogie the max if you want to, but (speaking from experience) he won't be the same guy.

Parsons is another example. That contract is horrifically bad.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    He will sign 2 years and 1 year option.
    This will line up with Davis' contract.
    I think he would have done this regardless of the injury.
    It would surprise me if he accepts anything less than the 5 year max. Maybe if he didn't get hurt, he would have aligned his contract with Davis' contract. But at this point, he and his agents would be fools to give up $60m+ on the back end of the contract.

What do you think the chances are of Boogie getting more than $30m per year from anyone once he crosses 30 years old? He'll guarantee the 5 years with a player option after 4 if he's getting good advice.

Remember that Eric Gordon guy?

Correct me if I'm wrong,but I thinks he may be able to get 35% of cap if he makes all nba, which could happen. Otherwise 30%. So low end 35m, high 45m.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong,but I thinks he may be able to get 35% of cap if he makes all nba, which could happen. Otherwise 30%. So low end 35m, high 45m.
    No.

what? am I incorrect? if so please explain

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Any team that signs Boogie to the max is playing with fire. After that Achilles tear Boogie may never be the same. Alot of people are commenting from what they've heard or read about Achilles ruptures, but I tore mine in 2006, and while I'm not a world class athlete, and did not get the world class rehab that Boogie got... I haven't been and will never be the same as I was before the injury.

So give Boogie the max if you want to, but (speaking from experience) he won't be the same guy.
    Well imo you did not do your rehab right which seems to be the case with the numerous people I have met that suffered this injury. The rehab a person in sports receives is usually much different then what the average person does or even could do. I tore my Achilles twice and got my surgery by Dr. James Andrews who is one of the best and my rehab was specifically designed by him. Just the conditioning in the rehab I went through was harder then any workout I had ever been put through in my life. I came back faster and stronger the first time feeling better then I ever did. LoL yes I tore it again and put myself through the same process all over again which was very challenging mentally. The first time I was excited to get going on my rehab coming back better while the second time I did a lot more questioning myself while building the trust back with my foot. I was able to come back both time maintaining the same or better athleticism as before while still having no pain or issues to this day. Again the only people I ever met that had issues either didn't take there rehab seriously or were older and didn't go through a rigorous rehab because it was needed. For me the rehab is every single day from stretching my foot the second I step out of bed with little excercises throughout the day. I'm fully confident Cousins will come back from this at 100% with no impact on his game. I could see him being a little rusty for a while when he first comes back but eventually fully returning to form with time. If anybody can get back to the way they played before it is Boogie especially the way he plays the game not being some high flyer. He will have everything he could possibly need at his disposal receiving first class treatment.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 02-02-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post

Medicine has advanced in the past 12 years.... Apparently there was a major change to the Achilles tear repair that took place a few years ago.

Thread Information