Pelicans Report

Thread: A Taste of The Mirotic.

A Taste of Threekola Mirotic.

It's late, I'm on a three day weekend, been catching up on our new boy Mirotic.

We got a good one guys! Here are just a few of his recent highlights. Where upon his return to the Bulls, you really get a chance to see what he can bring to the table and how well he slots in next to AD.

Interesting because up until his return on the 24th game of the year for the Bulls, the Bulls had only won 3 games. They went on to win 7 in a row upon his return, 10 of his first 12 back. 14-11 overall in the games he has played....4-22 without him. He just makes teams better.

While I appreciate what Boogie does with his three point shooting, Nikola is the real deal from the arc. He is prime Ryno/Peja from the three but with better rebounding and a respectable set of inside moves that he doesn't go crazy with overuse like Ryno trying to be Dirk. He is a model of consistency, only scoring less than double digit points in games with at least 25 minutes this season once. Which should be very complimentary with AD's developed game.

His 17-7 stats don't stick out but that is also because in his breakout season he hasn't been playing starter level minutes. Averaging 25mpg. His per 36 would put him at a near 25-9 player. Now that is never a good stat to go on, but it shows the potential of what he may be able to bring to the table once acclimated and when his minutes no doubt trend upward given our needs. And for the doubters, a guy that can average 20+ points and 9 rebounds on 47% and 43% from three on 12 million a year is a coveted contract. Barring health, Mirotic should be about the best possible find to give us strength in the front court without Boogie. A contract that should be one of our most positive assets outside of AD.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 02-02-2018 at 02:17 AM.

And just for good measure, here he is playing against the Warriors. They didn't win, but he doesn't shy away from big games.

A few more tidbits.

- Mirotic is a 40.7% catch and shoot three point player, taking 5 a game.

- On pull up threes, of which he takes a little over one a game, he is 51.5%.

- Currently has a 110 Off Rating and a 106 Defensive rating according to NBA.com.

- He is primarily a jump shooter, but he is an efficient player in his game. Inside he maintains 57% in the paint and 65% in the restricted area.

- The weakest part of his offensive game is his mid range game, which is ideal in that it will be the part of his game heavily de-emphasized in Finch's/Gentry's system.

- While often a bit misleading, his Defensive field Goal percentage is 40%, which would put him in a pretty solid category. Now, granted, he comes off the bench and the stat itself can be a bit iffy, as it often reflects the team around him as much as it does an individuals defense. Either way, my point would be that defensively he is not the sort problematic player you often expect to see from finesse jump shooting bigs.

Definitely outs the wind back in the sails. I've been deflated since the Boogie Snap of '18. Sign Monroe and I'll be three sheets to the wind and scrounging for more nautical references.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Definitely outs the wind back in the sails. I've been deflated since the Boogie Snap of '18. Sign Monroe and I'll be three sheets to the wind and scrounging for more nautical references.

Nikeauxla Meerotish

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I rather chuckled that in the preview picture of the last video, he's celebrating with Bobby Portis.

So he plays for Spain's national team as well. Interesting.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information