If we can sign Monroe with Mirotic

What lineups do see us having? Could you see a closing game lineup of
    C - Monroe
    PF- Mirotic
    SF- AD
    SG- Moore
    PG- Jrue

I kind of like that!!

I thought that Mirotic would fit the sf spot, but AD is more athletic, so sure.

One thing is for sure, we are a top 6 team in the west if we land Monroe as well.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thing is...are we sure it was not an either or?

I mean, I think it would be a grand thing, but from Monroe's perspective the attraction of coming to the Pels would have been an unobstructed shot at all those Boogie minutes, and now there's suddenly major competition for them.

Wouldn't mitotic be coming off the bench? Seems it would give AD max rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Thing is...are we sure it was not an either or?

I mean, I think it would be a grand thing, but from Monroe's perspective the attraction of coming to the Pels would have been an unobstructed shot at all those Boogie minutes, and now there's suddenly major competition for them.
    One of the Pels Beat Writers has already said this won't accept the Monroe deal at all. The idea is still to start Monroe and play him good minutes.

Mirotic gives us the 1st big off the bench who will basically get all of Cunningham's minutes as well and being able to take some minutes off of AD's body.

We needed a third big even when Boogie was playing.
    Now Moore starts at C and Mirotic is the first off the bench to relieve either Davis or Monroe.

More moves to happen yet.
    We need another facilitator.

Quote Originally Posted by shanesy View Post
    Wouldn't mitotic be coming off the bench? Seems it would give AD max rest.
    Yeah I think Mirotic will take Cunningham’s spot and we will finally have a legit stretch 4 that can make a corner 3.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    We needed a third big even when Boogie was playing.
    Now Moore starts at C and Mirotic is the first off the bench to relieve either Davis or Monroe.

More moves to happen yet.
    We need another facilitator.
    I wonder if they view Frank Jackson and Ian Clark as the top guards to come off the bench. Or maybe Moore when Solo comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    One of the Pels Beat Writers has already said this won't accept the Monroe deal at all. The idea is still to start Monroe and play him good minutes.

Mirotic gives us the 1st big off the bench who will basically get all of Cunningham's minutes as well and being able to take some minutes off of AD's body.
    That would be ideal, albeit then presumably a Monroe rental as he wouldn't have minutes the following year. But hey, you use him as a poor man's Boogie replacement, he uses you to restore his value, all good.

But again, Monroe has to be ok with this too. If he is then the Pels are golden for that playoff spot, and in fact ironically for the first time all season have that 3rd big that was always needed. But with teams like Boston also in the mix, it seems less of a clear call from his perspective

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    This trade and Monroe signing will save the season!

Also puts us in a better position for next year when boogie is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    This trade and Monroe signing will save the season!

Also puts us in a better position for next year when boogie is healthy.
    Hell yeah! We are going to be dominant down low next season with AD, Boogie, and AD splitting minutes with Diallo taking min minutes to spell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I wonder if they view Frank Jackson and Ian Clark as the top guards to come off the bench. Or maybe Moore when Solo comes back.
    When Hill comes back you do go Rondo/Jrue/Clark/Moore, so that's 4 guys who were already in the rotation. + Maybe Liggins hanging around, or Jackson, although rookie off a major injury so who knows.

And if Moose is added as well, it ends the need for Cunningham minutes up front, so you can use him primarily as a backup SF.

Thin and shaky all around, but then again that's been the case most of the year. Both Mirotic and Monroe together though would reestablish the frontcourt as a point of strength, and you survive the little man situation and try to do something in the offseason, albeit again with limited assets.

I’m good with a core of Boogie, AD, Holiday, Mirotic, Hill, and Moore next season. I think we can be a good 3 seed.

I hope there is a remote change we keep Monroe next season on a team friendly contract I like him and he’s a local guy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the starting line up of
    C - Monroe
    PF- AD
    SF- Moore (Hill when he returns)
    SG- Jrue
    PG-rondo

At the 6 minute markish Mirotic comes in for AD and Miller for Moore

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINION View Post
    C - Monroe
    PF- AD
    SG- Jrue
    PG-rondo

That’s a playoff team!

Form what I've seen and heard from Bulls fans, Niko does not perform well as a 3. So let's shut down that big lineup right now.

My guess Monroe is a 20 minute starting center with AD, Niko, Hill or Miller, Moore and Jrue finishing games.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    A different system could change him. I could see him thrive in a big line up.

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINION View Post
    C - Monroe
    PF- AD
    SG- Jrue
    PG-rondo

If Monroe's defensive improvements aren't a mirage, I could see a rotation of that, with Mirotic coming in for Monroe instead of AD. Kind of how we did it with Asik before.

Either way, I expect AD playing a decent amount of minutes at the 5 and Niko closing games out at that position, or AD/Niko being interchangeable much like him and Cousins.

My concern with that Rondo/Jrue/Moore/Davis/Monroe lineup is the spacing. AD is going to be triple teamed every night doing that. Which could make our first and third quarter woes even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    If Monroe's defensive improvements aren't a mirage, I could see a rotation of that, with Mirotic coming in for Monroe instead of AD. Kind of how we did it with Asik before.

Either way, I expect AD playing a decent amount of minutes at the 5 and Niko closing games out at that position, or AD/Niko being interchangeable much like him and Cousins.

My concern with that Rondo/Jrue/Moore/Davis/Monroe lineup is the spacing. AD is going to be triple teamed every night doing that. Which could make our first and third quarter woes even worse.
    That's assuming Rondo still starts, which is less likely after moving Nelson and Hill returning in the near future. It also makes more sense to play Rondo and Mirotic together, given their past history and apparent chemistry.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 02-01-2018 at 04:52 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

How is anybody comfortable with E’twaun Moore at the 3? If anything Mirotic should start at the 3. He actually plays the position from time to time.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
    How is anybody comfortable with E’twaun Moore at the 3? If anything Mirotic should start at the 3. He actually plays the position from time to time.
    Because he's been starting at the 3 all season, while having a career year.

Per Basketball reference Mirotic has played 2% of his time on the court as a SF, 84% as a PF, and 14% of the time as a C.
    AD is at 54% PF, and 46% C. I recall early experiments of Ryno, AD, and Asik on the floor at the same time and it was awkward.
    Hill is a sometimes PF. Cunningham splits his time (and the coaches will always give him tick) at the PF.

That is all to say that we don't have much behind AD who doesn't like playing C already.

From what we know about Gentry, I really doubt we see a 3 big lineup unless fouls or injuries come into play. I think Monroe is a good fit for us as a good passing big. He and Mirotic kind of combine for Boogie which will be interesting. That front court rotation is going to be crazy after Hill gets back if we get Monroe too though.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

He’s scoring more because he’s playing more. And him being there all year doesn’t mean he should be. The guy is 6’4”. He’s not a SF.

The problem with Mirotic at the 3, just like the problem with Moore at the 3, is his inability to guard the position. Maybe there will be the occasional night where playing all three bigs at the same time is less of a defensive liability, but more often than not, that won't be the case. Instead, you're going to see different combinations of AD/hopefully Monroe/Mirotic rotate at the 4 and 5 positions.

Regardless, this conversation will be worthless after Hill returns.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 02-01-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Thread Information