Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If we can sign Monroe with Mirotic

Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
    He’s scoring more because he’s playing more. And him being there all year doesn’t mean he should be. The guy is 6’4”. He’s not a SF.
    No one said he was having a career year because he was scoring. He's having a career year because he's shooting 43% from 3 on double the attempts per game he has ever attempted before, shooting a career high 51% from two, also having career high TS% and PER, and career high ws/48, and career high VORP, all on the third lowest usage rate of his 7 year career.

Absolutely nothing to do with scoring or minutes, everything to do with his playing quality.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    I hope there is a remote change we keep Monroe next season on a team friendly contract I like him and he’s a local guy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doubtful, but if it works out and they build chemistry to close the season, he could make good Boogie insurance. Offer Cousins the best deal we feel he's worth on July 1, and if he walks you sign Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Doubtful, but if it works out and they build chemistry to close the season, he could make good Boogie insurance. Offer Cousins the best deal we feel he's worth on July 1, and if he walks you sign Monroe.
    Seems like the ideal plan.

Yeah. Monroe would bring it from "get Boogie back here or bust" to "it seems better on paper to get Boogie back but not backbreaking to lose him".
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Yeah. Monroe would bring it from "get Boogie back here or bust" to "it seems better on paper to get Boogie back but not backbreaking to lose him".
    Monroe is not good enough to have any effect on Boogie.

The Suns were 1-15 in the last 16 games that he played. He had the worst on/off net-rating. His per 48 min +/- was -15.3.

He had a positive +/- with the Suns twice. Both were +1.

The Suns are 10-7 in their last 17 games when he didn't play.
    https://twitter.com/krishansonRCF/st...16747574947841

I'd still love to kick the tires on him to see what we could get out of him motivated and playing next to Davis, but so far in his career Monroe's impact is much worse than his stats would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post

I'd still love to kick the tires on him to see what we could get out of him motivated and playing next to Davis, but so far in his career Monroe's impact is much worse than his stats would suggest
    We made T. Jones look like a stud at times.
    No reason why Monroe can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post

There is a big difference when playing next to AD and not...I am not sure people realize that. I just don't understand why people think Monroe is a bad idea. Is he perfect? no....But he is a hell of a lot better than any center out there we could sign without effecting Cousins Max next year.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Would be shocked if Monroe doesn’t come. First everyone knows he’s from New Orleans.

Also he’s going to get way more playing time and opportunity for his next contract. And lastly, which may be most important to him is that his girlfriend works in New Orleans and I know for a fact he has wanted to come here to be with her along with other people in this city.

5 hrs and counting...

Thread Information