Pelicans Report

Thread: N/P If Lebron went to the Warriors would you quit the NBA?

N/P If Lebron went to the Warriors would you quit the NBA?

So the current story is that Lebron is interested in playing for the Warriors. They Warriors would have to move out Iggy, Livingston, Klay, and a few other smaller pieces if they wanted to make that move. KD would have to restructure as well.

My question is, if Lebron joined KD, Steph, and Draymond in GS would you stop watching the NBA? I am all for players using their free agency, and I am not against Lebron doing this, but I think that if there was a team like that it would make the whole struggle to win a title, and the idea of competition of the NBA to be moot.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I would laugh

He’ll never go there they don’t have the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'd figure out how we can scoop up Klay Thompson. Give up? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I would laugh
    Me too! I would love to hear him place the blame on someone else for him jumping ship

I mean what would be the point of the nba then?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    The NBA is a joke already. This would be insufferable.

My friends and I were discussing this today. I think it will tarnish his credibility if he wins more rings than MJ in the end. Everyone will say...He had to go to a super team to win those rings. Same as everyone blasted KD for. I will still watch the pelicans and root for them. I could care less what half the other NBA does.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The funny thing is, before New Orleans got the Hornets I was a Lakers fan. Then when Magic retired, I was Tim Hardaway fan during the Run TMC days, and then a Shaq fan. Which means my two favorite pre-Hornets/Pelicans teams were Warriors and Heat. I was a Steph Curry fan at Davidson and that carried forward. I was never a big Lebron fan, but I liked Wade, so I was cool with the Heat through their recent run. And I'm still enough of a Steph fan to appreciate and like the Warriors when they're not playing the Pelicans, even though people assume it's "bandwagonism"

I'm almost 40, the majority of my life was spent cheering for a non-New Orleans basketball team. I remember being a T-Wolves fan when I thought we were getting them for a few weeks.

I don't know man... I like the NBA, and unlike the NFL, the NBA has usually been about being a fan of certain player and not certain teams. I'll still watch great players play, and as long as it's not the Rockets, OKC, or Cavs (least favorite teams because of the Cities or Owners), I'll probably pull for the underdog. But might still pull for Steph.

So yes, I'd still watch.

I could care less what most of the NBA does anyway. Outside of the Pels and the Jazz its just white noise, but this move would pretty much make the competition less enjoyable. You will have a few teams chasing the Warriors and Celts, and then it will end for those teams when they play one of those two teams.

I have no problem with players signing where they want, and forming Super Teams, that is what free agency is about. But when something like this happens it just ruins a bit of the spirit of competition and hurts the brand.

I think that Lebron and KD secretly enjoy wearing the black hat.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I could care less what most of the NBA does anyway. Outside of the Pels and the Jazz its just white noise, but this move would pretty much make the competition less enjoyable. You will have a few teams chasing the Warriors and Celts, and then it will end for those teams when they play one of those two teams.

I have no problem with players signing where they want, and forming Super Teams, that is what free agency is about. But when something like this happens it just ruins a bit of the spirit of competition and hurts the brand.

I think that Lebron and KD secretly enjoy wearing the black hat.
    It was a few teams chasing Lakers and Celtics in 80s. It was a few teams chasing Bulls in 90's. I'm not offended by the modern NBA because the modern NBA is no different from the NBA I grew up with.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    The funny thing is, before New Orleans got the Hornets I was a Lakers fan. Then when Magic retired, I was Tim Hardaway fan during the Run TMC days, and then a Shaq fan. Which means my two favorite pre-Hornets/Pelicans teams were Warriors and Heat. I was a Steph Curry fan at Davidson and that carried forward. I was never a big Lebron fan, but I liked Wade, so I was cool with the Heat through their recent run. And I'm still enough of a Steph fan to appreciate and like the Warriors when they're not playing the Pelicans, even though people assume it's "bandwagonism"

I'm almost 40, the majority of my life was spent cheering for a non-New Orleans basketball team. I remember being a T-Wolves fan when I thought we were getting them for a few weeks.

I don't know man... I like the NBA, and unlike the NFL, the NBA has usually been about being a fan of certain player and not certain teams. I'll still watch great players play, and as long as it's not the Rockets, OKC, or Cavs (least favorite teams because of the Cities or Owners), I'll probably pull for the underdog. But might still pull for Steph.

So yes, I'd still watch.
    Were we separated at birth? I was a Tim Hardaway fan as well, and loved his killer crossover. I remember when the Wolves were coming here and being pumped about it as well (I still have the Got 'Em newspaper in my house). I grew up a Jazz fan because I am Mormon, and because they were here before they were there. I loved watching Steph and CJ McCollum rip it up in the tourney as well.

That said, I enjoy watching players play, but if the outcome of the game can pretty much be set by who takes the court, a bit of the joy of competition leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Were we separated at birth? I was a Tim Hardaway fan as well, and loved his killer crossover. I remember when the Wolves were coming here and being pumped about it as well (I still have the Got 'Em newspaper in my house). I grew up a Jazz fan because I am Mormon, and because they were here before they were there. I loved watching Steph and CJ McCollum rip it up in the tourney as well.

That said, I enjoy watching players play, but if the outcome of the game can pretty much be set by who takes the court, a bit of the joy of competition leaves.
    I turned on HBO as an 11 year old and watched Buster Douglas fight Mike Tyson live in Tokyo. I'd been the little kid at all of the previous PPV fight parties my parents and their friends had, but this was such a meaningless fight that it was free and there was no party, just me. It is still one of the most exciting and memorable sporting events I've ever witnessed.

Watching my dude Eli and the Giants beat the undefeated Patriots is another great sports moment for me.

People will still watch because the outcomes are never guaranteed and live championship sports are the best thing on TV.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...bron-james-nba

The first option actually seems like the most likely way Lebron leaves Cleveland. If he's going to leave anyway, why wouldn't the Cavs agree to having him opt in and trading him to his preferred destination? The alternative is them getting nothing and him going to the Lakers. The Rockets or Warriors could easily give them pieces that are better than nothing! And the fact that this is the path his best friend CP3 took, makes me think it's something Lebron is thinking about.

Better odds of this happening than I first thought when I saw the original story.

Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    No and he won't. This is Lebron trying to put pressure on the front office in Cleveland.
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3
    you eat so good. you're always gonna eat good. I kid a lot, everything is spicy, the fruit loops even have some kick to em
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James
    We played pretty good defense. We bottled him [Paul] up, but with eyes in the back of his head, he found David West"

Heres the thing the more I think about it. To even make this feasibly work the Warriors would have to become, basically, a notably different team.

You would have to get rid of Thompson, Iggy and Green, the heart and soul that make so much of the stuff they do so deadly. Then replace that and the rest of the roster with fairly minimum salary veterans ala David West.

You could pull some weird stuff off, like bring in D-wade on a minimum, run a Curry, Wade, veteran FA, Durant, Lebron lineup of death(if Lebron can man that Draymond position mentally and physically for a season + playoff run). And they probably chip. But I think the shelf life of that core is much lower than what they currently have with Klay and Green. When you think of synergy and depth, I am not sure it is a whole ton better than what they have now?

So basically, I think the Warriors would still be in another class for the foreseeable future, but perhaps a much shorter future if they went the Lebron route.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...bron-james-nba

The first option actually seems like the most likely way Lebron leaves Cleveland. If he's going to leave anyway, why wouldn't the Cavs agree to having him opt in and trading him to his preferred destination? The alternative is them getting nothing and him going to the Lakers. The Rockets or Warriors could easily give them pieces that are better than nothing! And the fact that this is the path his best friend CP3 took, makes me think it's something Lebron is thinking about.

Better odds of this happening than I first thought when I saw the original story.
    I definitely could see that being the case. Especially considering most of his preferred destinations will have tome salary anyways. So you can simultaneously go to the team you want on a contract you want, and not feel bad about your hometown's blowback because you are helping them with their own rebuild.

Thread Information