Pelicans Report

Thread: Did we offer Lakers a 1st for Randle and Clarkson?

Did we offer Lakers a 1st for Randle and Clarkson?

From RealGM:

Per Rob Goldberg.

Lakers offered a first round pick for Julius Randle + Jordan Clarkson

Per ESPN Ramona Shelburne.

Lakers are deciding whether to accept the offer or look for 2 desperate trades to get more assets.
    https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...?f=2&t=1667777

Good trade thread there with some interesting ideas

I don't 'like' either player particularly. But if we got both for our 2018 1st I'd have to say yes. I highly doubt we can get both for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    I don't 'like' either player particularly. But if we got both for our 2018 1st I'd have to say yes. I highly doubt we can get both for it though.
    Plus Clarkson has 2 years 26 remaining and you have to pay Randle. Probably won't happen.

Unless something like Moore + Asik for Clarkson and Randle

I like both players very much. If we landed both for only a 2018 1st rounder then the Lakers should look into bringing back Jerry West to GM the team, because that is a hella bad trade.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

We didn't want Mirotic's 12m guaranteed for next year....

So instead we offer the same deal for a Randle rental and 13m next year for Clarkson?

Um, Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

So instead we offer the same deal for a Randle rental and 13m next year for Clarkson?

Um, Wut?
    Yeah unless the smoke and mirrors thing is happening

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

Um, Wut?
    If you read the numerous comment on twitter and elsewhere (not saying they are accurate), it appears that the 2nd year of Mirotic is not the issue. The issue is convincing the Bulls to take Asik AND Ajinca.

I read this early that they seemed to be somewhat happy to receive a 1st for both of these guys. If that's the case we better be all over this because these 2 kids could really help this team big time short term and long term. Clarkson is on a very good deal and Randle could possibly sign an extension as our 3rd big with AD and Boogie. That would be one hell of a 3 man big rotation. Clarkson would give us a stud young combo guard who would be huge off the bench while being able to play alongside Jrue as well. If Frank Jackson pans out as well then this team could take off next season.

This would be a young group with tons of versatility and talent. If Hill can improve that 3 and Jackson becoming what we expect along with Diallo taking another step forward in his develop I believe we have a championship caliber team with that group. We are so close to being a very scary team.

PG- Jrue/Jackson
    SG- Moore/Clarkson
    SF- Hill/Miller
    PF- Davis/Randle/Diallo
    C-Boogie/Diallo

I'm not exactly big on this trade compared to any number of the other trades I have heard about, but I will say, it is nice to hear about the Pelicans being so active and being one of the central figures to nab the biggest moving pieces this trade deadline again.

As long as Demps doesn't royally screw it up(which is always a very real possibility) there is a good chance we will have 1-2 solid starting caliber players in the next week and further cement the AD/Cousins/Jrue roster going forward.

Greg Monroe getting bought out also has to make things a bit more interesting. Seeing as you could see a scenario where maybe the Pels now consider some different configurations and throw him into the mix.

What is more exciting, is that all the players we are looking at, for the most part, seem to be guys that will be moveable if and when another bigger opportunity emerges. That was always my biggest knock on Demps. Overpaying for guys on the hope they live up to the contract, instead we seem to be looking at any number of guys that are either playing at or above their current contracts, coming to a winning team. Which makes them immediate neutral or positive assets. And that is a good problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I read this early that they seemed to be somewhat happy to receive a 1st for both of these guys. If that's the case we better be all over this because these 2 kids could really help this team big time short term and long term. Clarkson is on a very good deal and Randle could possibly sign an extension as our 3rd big with AD and Boogie. That would be one hell of a 3 man big rotation. Clarkson would give us a stud young combo guard who would be huge off the bench while being able to play alongside Jrue as well. If Frank Jackson pans out as well then this team could take off next season.

This would be a young group with tons of versatility and talent. If Hill can improve that 3 and Jackson becoming what we expect along with Diallo taking another step forward in his develop I believe we have a championship caliber team with that group. We are so close to being a very scary team.

PG- Jrue/Jackson
    SG- Moore/Clarkson
    SF- Hill/Miller
    PF- Davis/Randle/Diallo
    C-Boogie/Diallo
    I am right there with you. We would get younger, more experienced, and overall we would have as much talent (next year) as any of the top teams.

Clarkson is a real threat, and if you have him coming off your bench that allows you to rest your starters for an extended period. He plays both the 1 and the 2, so he and Jackson could both handle the rock. It is crazy to think Randle would be willing to come off the bench, but if he would that would be down right sexy.

Lakers are clearing cap space for two max deals.
    Taking picks, expirings.
    Pels are clearing dead longterm salary to not go into tax.

You expect that this trade is what Dell is looking for?

This would be my dream scenario clarkson and Randle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Lakers are clearing cap space for two max deals.
    Taking picks, expirings.
    Pels are clearing dead longterm salary to not go into tax.

You expect that this trade is what Dell is looking for?
    If their taking Asik this is a much better deal than the Bulls one. Maybe Asik, Ajinca, and Diallo and a pick? Then sign Monroe? Is that doable?

Our goal should be to clear cap space. Asik, Ajinca, Moore, and Hill should all be in play to be traded ASAP. Each of those players are rotational guys that we’re paying way too much for. Our best line up when healthy is Rondo, Holiday, Miller, Davis, and Cousins. We need to keep Jrue Holiday at the 2. He looks much better there. Gentry needs to leave Rondo on the court because he’s the only one who actually runs the offense. If we were able to get Clarkson he should spell Holiday and be our 6th man. If we get Randle as well we just slide Davis to the 5 and go Davis, Randle, Miller, Holiday, and Rondo. The only way Rondo wouldn’t be my starting PG is if we could finesse a trade for Kemba Walker. Adding Kemba to this team would save the season, and set us up to make a run next year.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    If their taking Asik this is a much better deal than the Bulls one. Maybe Asik, Ajinca, and Diallo and a pick? Then sign Monroe? Is that doable?
    You can't just throw names out there without giving a justifications of why both parties might be interested

Asik and Ajinca aren't expiring yet

Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
    Our goal should be to clear cap space. Asik, Ajinca, Moore, and Hill should all be in play to be traded ASAP. Each of those players are rotational guys that we’re paying way too much for. Our best line up when healthy is Rondo, Holiday, Miller, Davis, and Cousins. We need to keep Jrue Holiday at the 2. He looks much better there. Gentry needs to leave Rondo on the court because he’s the only one who actually runs the offense. If we were able to get Clarkson he should spell Holiday and be our 6th man. If we get Randle as well we just slide Davis to the 5 and go Davis, Randle, Miller, Holiday, and Rondo. The only way Rondo wouldn’t be my starting PG is if we could finesse a trade for Kemba Walker. Adding Kemba to this team would save the season, and set us up to make a run next year.
    How the hell are we paying too much for Moore?

I don't think you understand the concept of a rotational player

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    How the hell are we paying too much for Moore?

I don't think you understand the concept of a rotational player
    E’twaun Moore isn’t worth $8 million. He should be making what Ajiinca makes or less, and Ajiinca should be a vet minimum guy.

Thread Information