Pelicans Report

Thread: New Twist with Mirotic

Stuff New Twist with Mirotic

There is a report that Mirotic is not playing tonight vs the Blazers and will not play for the seeable future.

Could this be a sign that a trade is imminent?

Same thing is happening with Tyreke

Trades will get done, just don't assume Mirotic is a shoo in for us

Nikola Mirotic thought he was a pelican. But when the seven footer with the imposing wingspan awoke Wednesday in Portland, he still was a bull. But he wasn’t crying fowl. “I said to myself, ‘It’s happening. It’s happening. It could happen,’” Mirotic told reporters after Bulls morning practice in Portland about reports Tuesday he might be traded to the New Orleans Pelicans.
    4 hours ago – via NBA.com

“It was an option with New Orleans,” Mirotic said. “That’s all I heard. I said, ‘OK, you guys (agents) can think and see what’s the best for me.’ We’re going to make a decision, but we don’t have to rush to make a decision. This happened yesterday. It’s not even 24 hours. It’s nothing to do that fast.””

“We’re discussing, we’re thinking,” Mirotic said about he and his agents regarding proposals. “I’m sure they’re gonna make the best decision for me. I’m just doing my job, which is playing good. My representatives, they’re doing their job. I have confidence they’re gonna do the best they can and they’ll do what’s best for me. I told them if there’s some news talk to me and nobody talked to me this morning.”

From Hoopshype. Interview with Mirotic about his wild ride thinking he was a Pelican.

Anyways, it seems like he is respectively excited about the prospect of coming to NOLA. Or was/is and that tings are still in motion.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 01-31-2018 at 08:07 PM.

So reading between the lines, his agent is the one who wants the second year guaranteed, not Mirotic?

Guess it's one and the same thing anyway

Mirotic wants the 2nd year. That's just a political way of making himself look good.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Nikola Mirotic thought he was a pelican. But when the seven footer with the imposing wingspan awoke Wednesday in Portland, he still was a bull. But he wasn’t crying fowl. “I said to myself, ‘It’s happening. It’s happening. It could happen,’” Mirotic told reporters after Bulls morning practice in Portland about reports Tuesday he might be traded to the New Orleans Pelicans.

“It was an option with New Orleans,” Mirotic said. “That’s all I heard. I said, ‘OK, you guys (agents) can think and see what’s the best for me.’ We’re going to make a decision, but we don’t have to rush to make a decision. This happened yesterday. It’s not even 24 hours. It’s nothing to do that fast.””

“We’re discussing, we’re thinking,” Mirotic said about he and his agents regarding proposals. “I’m sure they’re gonna make the best decision for me. I’m just doing my job, which is playing good. My representatives, they’re doing their job. I have confidence they’re gonna do the best they can and they’ll do what’s best for me. I told them if there’s some news talk to me and nobody talked to me this morning.”

From Hoopshype. Interview with Mirotic about his wild ride thinking he was a Pelican.

Anyways, it seems like he is respectively excited about the prospect of coming to NOLA. Or was/is and that tings are still in motion.
    Yeah I was thinking that as I read it. He seems like he's very open to playing in NO. Obviously the option is the issue, but if things were less complicated, he'd be pretty happy to being traded here.

I hate this waiting, I wish we could get this deal done and move on, Mirotic would fill in a lot blanks for the Pels

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    God can we just give Mirotic his 2nd year? It's driving me insane now.

Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    I hate this waiting, I wish we could get this deal done and move on, Mirotic would fill in a lot blanks for the Pels
    I know right! However, the deals that are most known don’t get done.

I want a proper 5 and Monroe fits that bill. I think?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Monroe helps AD out more in that he lets AD no longer be miserable on the block. and with Monroe's passing abilities being one of the few bigs that are on par with Boogie's we can get some high low action going too.

...plsu I'd LOVE if we could somehow swing Monroe AND Lou Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Monroe helps AD out more in that he lets AD no longer be miserable on the block. and with Monroe's passing abilities being one of the few bigs that are on par with Boogie's we can get some high low action going too.

...plsu I'd LOVE if we could somehow swing Monroe AND Lou Williams.
    Lou is only making 7 mil this year? ShamWow

Asik and the 1st to Clips for Sweet Lou then sign Monroe #winning. Then Moore is expendable also

Lou would be an interesting player to nab for us.

Allstar caliber offensive player, and given the Finch system and Jrue sharing responsibilities, we don't need him to be a full time point guard.

Not sure i would give up a first for him unless you are convinced Lou, Jrue, Hill, AD and Boogie are enough to get us into contention. Because Lou is gonna get paid by someone this offseason and if you are investing a first, you probably want to make sure it's going to net you something a bit more long-term.

im all in for Lou if we can dump Asik as well. Heck if we got Lou, I would take Bogut as the center.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Lou is only making 7 mil this year? ShamWow

Asik and the 1st to Clips for Sweet Lou then sign Monroe #winning. Then Moore is expendable also
    Except Lou is going to demand a lot more money this summer and Moore is locked into a long term, well priced deal.

I want Lou, but Moore and a 1st is just too much for what is probably going to be a rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Except Lou is going to demand a lot more money this summer and Moore is locked into a long term, well priced deal.

I want Lou, but Moore and a 1st is just too much for what is probably going to be a rental.
    Agree

lel

People need to understand that guys get shut down for a few reasons

Traded is one, going to be traded at some point in the future but kept out because to not injure them is the other big one

Thread Information