Pelicans Report

Thread: Rasual Bulter dies in car wreck.

Rasual Bulter dies in car wreck.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tmz.c...dead-car-crash

Sad not only him but his wife. Will always be family to this franchise. Seeew Boooooop!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Whatttttttt....#LongliveSaulBop One of my favorites due this shot and demeanor. R.I.P.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    DAMN! Word? Wow. I feel so bad for his family.

Yes very sad...Praying for his family.

Terrible news.
    RIP FlyGirl

R.I.P. Rasual.

So sad. He was a great guy off the court.

Sual Bop!

Prayers up for his family.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Man, that's tough news. Definitely one of my favorites. He was so fun to watch play the game, and so underrated. He earned his stripes while he was a Hornet. I never understood why he was dealt to the Clippers (in 2009?). It was even more confusing that the compensation the team got for him was a second round pick in 2019 . His final year here, he really upped his game and became confident in his ability to create for himself. He should've stayed as a building block.

Man this is sad stuff..

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Rasual was one of my favorite Hornets. I cherished his play so much. I remember being so pissed when we traded him for a 2nd round pick that wouldn't be used 4 years later. Always so clutch for us. May he rest in peace. Love you Sual Bop.

It's ironic how his career was on a trajectory similar to that of the NBA in New Orleans. He was drafted by Miami in 2002, the same year that the relocation process and eventual relocation of the Hornets to New Orleans happened so his rookie year was NOLA's first year with the NBA after a 23 year absence.

Some of you long time posters may remember but him being traded to the Hornets in the summer of 2005 was the last personnel move before Hurricane Katrina hit. Former GM Allen Bristow wasn't able to land any FA's with the cap space that he had unless you count that Macijauskas guy who wound up being a disaster in his one year with the team. Bristow wanted Bobby Simmons but he went to Milwaukee so he used the cap space on a trade that saw Sual bop and Kirk Snyder land in NOLA for just a 2nd rounder. Turned out to be a great deal for the team.

I remember going to a game in Miami when he was a rookie & I was reading those free game programs that they hand out & remember seeing his bio. He mentioned that his new year's resolution was to stop using profanity. He was a Christian who wanted to better himself & I remember trying to cut profanity out of my life as well so that snippet stuck with me. There's no doubt he's in a better place. Thanks for making the world a better place while you were here Bop. RIP.

Thread Information