Pelicans Report

Thread: Should Pels acquire K. O'Quinn/M. Beasley in trade with Knicks? {edited}

Trade Idea Should Pels acquire K. O'Quinn/M. Beasley in trade with Knicks? {edited}

Would you do the following trade?

Pels get:
    Kyle O'Quinn
    Michael Beasley

Knicks get:
    Chieck Diallo
    Pels 2018 2nd round pick
    A. Ajinca

Time for Knicks to tank and offload Beasley so he doesn't get you more fluke wins, with 30 point outbursts and Knicks trying to get from under rut of 4 big men. For their troubles, we give them a 2nd rounder. Beasley is not in their future plans, so they offload his potential to affect their lottery odds by contributing to games won, when they rather begin the annual tanking race for the #1 pick.

Pels get O'Quinn, who is solid and has 2 years left and can play center, defensive minded, efficient rebounding and can start or be a 3rd Big if another big is added through Asik trade/1st round trade and/or for next year after resigning Boogie. Beasley can start at 3 or come off bench to add depth/versatility/scoring punch and showcase himself for a long term contract from us or another playoff team, next year.

Think this trade, sneakily, helps in the interim, with starter/bench depth for remainder of season and potential to resign Beasley to mid/bi annual exception if he proves a good fit.

Complete Mirtoc trade or Vucevic (Orlando) trade and you should get in playoffs, better than 7 or 8 seed, and you still have flexibility to sign Cousin in off-season, especially if both sides agree that Boogie would get more than any team could give him, but short of the max, with the difference being tied to incentives. Similar to Jrue's contract and maybe more incentive laden to protect the team, so that if Boogie can only come back to 80-85% of before, we have money to add a piece that helps us still be a viable championship contender.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by irvchilichill1; 01-31-2018 at 05:53 AM.

Dude. Why is it so hard to word titles correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought this was an actual trade thread as well at first glance

Delete this post it’s obvious the OP was going for a shock post here . Very lame

Agreed. Very poor form by the OP

The fact that even normal people on forums are starting to write click bait titles wow.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Why are the Knicks going into tank mode? They are 23-28, but are 2 games out of the 8th seed in the East. If anything they would make a trade to get better.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I miss Hornet Guru. He had new trades every day. They didn't all make sense, but at least he tried.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I miss Hornet Guru. He had new trades every day. They didn't all make sense, but at least he tried.
    I agree so much...It was very entertaining, and I always liked his creativity.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Click bait titles. ANd I keep friggin' falling for it. Jesus Christ...

How is it click bait, when the icon clearly has TRADE IDEA and the title is in the form of a question not a statement. Also, the 1st word is SHOULD, which inherently implies that whatever is prospectively discussed has NOT happened.

Either way, apologies to the TITLE THREAD POLICE SQUAD, I obviously assumed people read before assuming the most. My goodness.

And to the one that questioned the Knicks desire to make such a trade, the team's above the Knicks are definitely better, currently, and New York wants to create cap space for a run at Top free agents and better position themselves for a higher, lottery draft pick and/or acquire asset picks. Safe to say, nobody, sans Deandre Jordan, Tyreke Evans or 1 or 2 players that would even make the Knicks a 6 seed. And a Deandre trade would demand a 1st rounder and assets/desirable players (F. Nitchliske (sp.?), that New York simply doesn't have. And any trade of their 1st rounder should include offloading J. Noah's contract, if even possible.

Knicks are about to dump decent players on their team, for little to nothing, just like many teams annually do who realize they are heading nowhere and/or positioned for perpetual mediocrity, if they don't dump players who are just good enough to get a few misguided wins but not good enough to assume that time or another nominal trade would guarantee ascending in the Eastern Conference. Not hard to realize this fact. Hell Tyreke Evans is in the same boat with Memphis, just like Lou Williams, Miritoc, etc... The benefit of keeping them on a non-contending team doesn't outweigh the possibility of gaining a key asset that secures a star in a trade/draft. They have no nucleus. Everyone except Porzingas is tradeable and should be.

Quote Originally Posted by irvchilichill1 View Post
    How is it click bait, when the icon clearly has TRADE IDEA and the title is in the form of a question not a statement. Also, the 1st word is SHOULD, which inherently implies that whatever is prospectively discussed has NOT happened.
    You don't need to add a question mark. All proposed trades are inherently asking a question.

When you add a ? you're essentially posting a rumour a-la Hoopshype or a site like that. Or just look at the Mirotic trade thread. That's an example of a thread which necessitates a ?

Your thread is nothing like that and is misleading, click baity even
    Last edited by AusPel; 01-31-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Thank you for changing the Title. I agree teams will start shopping more players closer to the deadline. I just hope the Pels don't go on a big losing streak before the deadline. We got to win at least 2 more games before the deadline.

I agree O'Quinn would be a great fit here as a tough defender and rebounder at C who can score a bit.

His contract is with a player-option for next season, which he will probably opt-out of since he's out played his 4mil salary. He could still be an affordable great back-up to re-sign for next season, though.

Also, Pels already traded their 2018 2nd to Bulls in the Pondexter deal, so it would have to be the 2019 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Also, Pels already traded their 2018 2nd to Bulls in the Pondexter deal, so it would have to be the 2019 2nd.
    You'd think one would have an idea of what assets we actually have before making a thread like this, but here we are.

Either way, apologies to the TITLE THREAD POLICE SQUAD, I obviously assumed people read before assuming the most. My goodness.

And to the one that questioned the Knicks desire to make such a trade, the team's above the Knicks are definitely better, currently, and New York wants to create cap space for a run at Top free agents and better position themselves for a higher, lottery draft pick and/or acquire asset picks. Safe to say, nobody, sans Deandre Jordan, Tyreke Evans or 1 or 2 players that would even make the Knicks a 6 seed. And a Deandre trade would demand a 1st rounder and assets/desirable players (F. Nitchliske (sp.?), that New York simply doesn't have. And any trade of their 1st rounder should include offloading J. Noah's contract, if even possible.

Knicks are about to dump decent players on their team, for little to nothing, just like many teams annually do who realize they are heading nowhere and/or positioned for perpetual mediocrity, if they don't dump players who are just good enough to get a few misguided wins but not good enough to assume that time or another nominal trade would guarantee ascending in the Eastern Conference. Not hard to realize this fact. Hell Tyreke Evans is in the same boat with Memphis, just like Lou Williams, Miritoc, etc... The benefit of keeping them on a non-contending team doesn't outweigh the possibility of gaining a key asset that secures a star in a trade/draft. They have no nucleus. Everyone except Porzingas is tradeable and should be.
    You edited it and added SHOULD after everyone complained, nice try.

Actually Saints#34 I edited a word in the body immediately after posting thread.... SHOULD was always in the title when 1st posted. Nice try to justify not seeing the 1st time.

blow this up

Actually Saints#34 I edited a word in the body immediately after posting thread.... SHOULD was always in the title when 1st posted. Nice try to justify not seeing the 1st time.
    That explains why me and every single other person on the first page thought the title was misleading until it was edited...oh wait

Just for clarification, the "Should" was a mod edit which is why the title says "edited"

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Just for clarification, the "Should" was a mod edit which is why the title says "edited"
    Yes, I know this

Thread Information