Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Kings

2 losses at home to the Kings

You couldn't make this s#it up

I'm so sick of seeing our franchise player act like he doesn't wanna be out there or play lazy defense

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Are we sure we want to trade Asik? I don’t think any trade will help this gutless team.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Well there it is a moron vet just gave the game away

The game was given away in the third quarter IMO, like most of our losses.

Can't wait to hear Gentry talk about how its just an energy problem and how Rondo threes at the end of stagnant ball movement possessions are good shots he'll take every time.

Gentry really should just request a buy out or something . Just leave man . Go sit on the Golden State bench and get a ring
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Team trying to get coach fired. It is as evident as can be...I don't blame them he's an idiot with a dumb offense for his talent.

I’m on the verge of following the NHL full time. Go Stars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    The game was given away in the third quarter IMO, like most of our losses.

Can't wait to hear Gentry talk about how its just an energy problem and how Rondo threes at the end of stagnant ball movement possessions are good shots he'll take every time.
    We have some really good midrange shooters and yet he either wants a 3 or take it to the basket we usually settle for 3s

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I’m on the verge of following the NHL full time. Go Stars!!!
    Go Pens!

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Are we sure we want to trade Asik? I don’t think any trade will help this gutless team.
    Gentry now decides Asik can give 20 minutes after destroying Cousins

I think it’s now clear Cousins was our leader . Davis isn’t ready to assume that role

The Franchise
    Need defense and rebounding!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    I think it’s now clear Cousins was our leader . Davis isn’t ready to assume that role
    If he isn't ready now hell never be

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    I have always felt AD is not mentally built for that role. Not a knock, not everyone is Chris Paul or Kobe. James Harden is one of the best in the game and he isn't what you would consider a model leader.

That was one reason I really wanted to bring Thibs in.

If you don't have a natural leader on the roster, but a star that really thrives when he has one, that is when a coach can be really important to developing that consistent culture by being a strong personality that thrives on establishing structure for his teams.

Cousins, for all his faults, is incredibly passionate and that is infectious. For good and bad. You could see that every game. So you basically gave the team that fire and emotional core for the team. In his absence AD is not that personality, and Gentry not that type of coach. So you get nights like this and the Clippers.

We lost onother game vs grandpa Zach? Jesus, with that type off effort we gonna losse next 2 games and stand on the 8th seed. With ASG ahead we NEED to make a trade! Wake up Mr. Benson! Stop waiting for next season, time to shine in now! #Pelslife #FireGentry

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    We lost onother game vs grandpa Zach? Jesus, with that type off effort we gonna losse next 2 games and stand on the 8th seed. With ASG ahead we NEED to make a trade! Wake up Mr. Benson! Stop waiting for next season, time to shine in now! #Pelslife #FireGentry
    Grandpa Zach has more heart and hustle in his little finger than the majority of our team

God it would be amazing if we cut bait with gentry and somehow get mirotic. I really don't hate Dell but I understand why people do. Do y'all think the pelicans leaked the trade info to pressure the Nets to make a trade? It would make sense for our future three moving forward to put out there who they want as coach. Kentucky is down this year can we hire the coach this team needs?

Cousins is the only alpha dog on this team the rest of these guys are passive and can’t lead the charge on a nightly basis like Cousins , Westbrook , Irving and many other players .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Grandpa Zach has more heart and hustle in his little finger than the majority of our team
    It helps when Gentry, because all of his adjustments involve going smaller and smaller, starts putting Miller at power forward to guard the guy for long stretches. Including with a three undersized guard lineup that means the Kings are gonna feast on the boards.

This is a game where Diallo really needed to be given more minutes. The size and rebounding issues basically meant we should of been having two of Asik/Davis/Diallo in all game after Cunningham went out.

Seems like that only thing they practice is movement on offense (on occasion) and shooting 3s.

Every other fundamental on this team is pathetic. With or without Cousins.

But...I was told it's not the coach's fault.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Cousins is the only alpha dog on this team the rest of these guys are passive and can’t lead the charge on a nightly basis like Cousins , Westbrook , Irving and many other players .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True but this is where a good coach steps up. Gentry’s leash to me is getting shorter by the minute.

I wonder if they fall clean out of the playoff race do they consider letting this coaching staff go?

The problems on this team are just too obvious. Ever fan and commentator says the same thing week after week.

I doubt I'll be watching a minute of the next two games

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I wonder if they fall clean out of the playoff race do they consider letting this coaching staff go?

The problems on this team are just too obvious. Ever fan and commentator says the same thing week after week.
    I think the only way they let Gentry go is if they know they’ll get their guy next year. If coach Cal says he’s coming then maybe but I think he is one of the few that Davis and Cousins would be happy with. Just a personal feeling nothing to back it up.

One can even hear the frustration in Joel and David's voices. They even sound down. At this rate, we will catch the Clippers despite their efforts to avoid the playoffs. My gosh, the fall has come quickly.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Thread Information