Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirotic Trade coming?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Wait, how is this on Demps or Benson? The deal hinges on Mirotic.
    Its just more convenient to blame our front office. Global warming is their fault too.

the only way this gets done is if we buy out ajinca so we can resign mirotic next season

Well, as I mentioned when the Pels played the Bulls, I think this was the right move to attempt, whether a week ago or today. Stabilizes the Pels to slip into the playoffs now with the Clips blowing it up, and operates as a good 3rd big next year. Assuming Mirotic isn't being a twit of course. There's a little bit of ego writing checks there.

But bad organizations start at the top. If you have a crap owner who does not know the game and treats the team like second class citizens to other teams he owns...well, it's pathetic. I saw it for years with the Maloofs, you had to endure it with the whole Tyson Chandler saga. Owners can lose games, so can GMs (this one is not on Demps though, it is/was the right move to try), just as well as coaches and players.

P.S. And you can tell your decrepit owner that the idea of trading for Mirotic and NOT picking up his $12.5mil extension, which is a bargain deal in today's NBA btw, is just ludicrous.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 01-30-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Well, as I mentioned when the Pels played the Bulls, I think this was the right move to attempt, whether a week ago or today. Stabilizes the Pels to slip into the playoffs now with the Clips blowing it up, and operates as a good 3rd big next year. Assuming Mirotic isn't being a twit of course. There's a little bit of ego writing checks there.

But bad organizations start at the top. If you have a crap owner who does not know the game and treats the team like second class citizens to other teams he owns...well, it's pathetic. I saw it for years with the Maloofs, you had to endure it with the whole Tyson Chandler saga. Owners can lose games, so can GMs (this one is not on Demps though, it is/was the right move to try), just as well as coaches and players.

P.S. And you can tell your decrepit owner that the idea of trading for Mirotic and NOT picking up his $12.5mil extension, which is a bargain deal in today's NBA btw, is just ludicrous.
    Ok please tell me where you are getting this has to do with the owner?! Because there is a hold up in a deal all the sudden means whoever you feel like blaming should take it? I'm guessing last year when we couldn't get Okafor you were blaming the owner as well for treating his team like 2nd class citizens lol. To then see Boogie coming instead. Seriously where do y'all get this stuff from? What is ludicrous is coming to conclusions like this when having absolutely nothing to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Ok please tell me where you are getting this has to do with the owner?! Because there is a hold up in a deal all the sudden means whoever you feel like blaming should take it? I'm guessing last year when we couldn't get Okafor you were blaming the owner as well for treating his team like 2nd class citizens lol. To then see Boogie coming instead. Seriously where do y'all get this stuff from? What is ludicrous is coming to conclusions like this when having absolutely nothing to back it up.
    Well technically he was not around for the Okafor situation he became a Pels fan when we got Boogie.

Can't this trade be revisited with the addition of other players to make absorbing the 12.5 million easier?

I mean could other players be added to the trade to take salary off the Pels books?

i need to see a notification on my phone that this happens.... today

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    i need to see a notification on my phone that this happens.... today
    Seriously I keep checking to see if it's done lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    he is a boogie fan...

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Seriously I keep checking to see if it's done lol

I never hit refresh so many times!
    RIP FlyGirl

I’m mentally preparing myself for this deal to fall through. We can’t have nice things. Hoping for some good news soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    I never hit refresh so many times!
    I too am a victim of the disappointing refresh.

Just imagine getting someone who’s actually pretty good... for Asik!
    '' We are here!!''

Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    I too am a victim of the disappointing refresh.

Just imagine getting someone who’s actually pretty good... for Asik!
    I believe that dreams do come true.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I’m mentally preparing myself for this deal to fall through. We can’t have nice things. Hoping for some good news soon.
    me too but ya gotta stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    I believe that dreams do come true.
    Yep we're getting him and we're working on getting kemba then we're either gonna get bogut,frye or Monroe lol dream big lol

the only way this gets done is if we buy out ajinca so we can resign mirotic next season
    That just makes to much sense. We much rather trade away potential talent (1st round pick) with Asik for a lesser talented player than pick up talent for Asik and stretch/buyouts Ajinca in order to sign Boogie. Because Boogie never said he wanted to play on a playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    That just makes to much sense. We much rather trade away potential talent (1st round pick) with Asik for a lesser talented player than pick up talent for Asik and stretch/buyouts Ajinca in order to sign Boogie. Because Boogie never said he wanted to play on a playoff team.
    i meant boogie and mirotic signed.

i swear rotoworld is getting ~30 refreshes every 5 min

i think we will make it work. let them take Asik and AA, first rounder and second following year.

then we just need to figure out how to make them money work with Boogie and Miratoc.

Asik and AA -16.5M
    Mirotoc + 12.5
    Boogie +18 now
    boog extention +8

we would just have to move 4-5m or be slightly over cap. Wouldn't this work? Gives us one more year to see if we can do something.

i swear rotoworld is getting ~30 refreshes every 5 min
    It's so annoying lol

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    i think we will make it work. let them take Asik and AA, first rounder and second following year.

then we just need to figure out how to make them money work with Boogie and Miratoc.

Asik and AA -16.5M
    Mirotoc + 12.5
    Boogie +18 now
    boog extention +8

we would just have to move 4-5m or be slightly over cap. Wouldn't this work? Gives us one more year to see if we can do something.
    solo is the odd man out in this arrangement and i am ok with that

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Well technically he was not around for the Okafor situation he became a Pels fan when we got Boogie.
    hahahahah this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Allen would be my choice. He's already injured. The Bulls can use that as an excuse to let the young players play more too.
    Bingo
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Benson should've bought the implant for Demps that allows brain control.

So it's both of their faults. Benson for not getting the the implant. And Demps for not already having psychic powers.
    Look, I am the first to jump on Demps for the smallest things, and I want this trade to go through, but knowing that we need cap space for Boogie, and Mirotic's $12.5 demand might hamper us resigning Boogie, I get why we wouldn't do the deal.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

No. It's absolutely the stupidest thing I've ever heard if the reason is fear of the luxury tax and If this deal falls through AD should immediately demand to be traded.

That is a huge freaking sign this franchise isn't ready to pay the money to compete.

Mirotic can backup AD or Cousins and is on a deal that can be traded at any time. We were ALWAYS going to be in the luxury tax resigning Cousins this summer.

This is absolutely retarded. We cannot have 105m in 5 players and the rest just minimum contracts and expect to compete.

I don't think I've ever been more furious with this franchise. Why even trade for Cousins at all if we were afraid of the tax? This deal better get done.

Thread Information