Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirotic Trade coming?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Rumor Mirotic Trade coming?

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

I’m sure Asik is glad to be back in Chicago. Nice to finally get “Stone Hands” off the books. Glad to accept Mirotic with open arms! Seems like Dell had no choice but to part with our 1st round pick.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Had no choice to salvage this season indeed. Love it. Let's get this show on the road. Thank god Asik is gone.

Get it done Dell! We need that kind off trade to make a playoffs. Make it happend.

Linking this just for the numbers. How does this affect our money situation since Mirotic is a bit more expensive? Obviously 2 years is better than 3 years, but what are the chances that that 2 mil extra could hinder anything?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8odcr8r

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Is that the only move we're making? Not a bad move at all, mind you. But I was really, really hoping for Kemba, against my better judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Is that the only move we're making? Not a bad move at all, mind you. But I was really, really hoping for Kemba, against my better judgement.
    If you're that eager, I'm sure we can get Jimmer back.

Or maybe Steamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Get it done Dell! We need that kind off trade to make a playoffs. Make it happend.
    That’s awesome! Great trade! We got a younger Ryno!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I think another move will be made but I don't think it will be as significant as this. We needed a big to fill the shoes for Boogie. Think Kemba might've been just a little too expensive.

Thanks alot Dell, now i won't be getting any work done for the rest of the day. I am super pumped about this potential move if true.

At least we know he can take a punch like a champ!

All-Star
    YESSS!!

Asik (worst contract int he NBA)
    1st round pick (around 15-19)

FOR

Mirotic (young PF with 16.8 points, 6.4 rebounds and 43% shooting for 3 this season. 2 years left for 12M/year)

Good move Dell.

What a steal! I would have given up a 1st rounder just to move Asik.. getting Mirotic in return is awesome. Landed the best 3 point shooting big in the NBA who is just 26 years old. I'm still excited for this season where getting some playoff experience will be a step in the right direction. Going into next season we will be in good shape if Boogie resigns. We are a starting wing and scoring bench guard away from being a serious contender. Someone like Lou Williams could really take this team to another level.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 01-30-2018 at 12:34 PM.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Now if we can make another move without shipping out Moore I'd be happy.

I am wondering if there is more to the trade.. We have to be under the hard cap and we are taking in 1.9M and only have 1.2M. Is this the main part of the deal and we have some fillers to make it all work? Hopefully some protection on the 1st round pick too. Overall good trade by Dell. This helps us a lot. I am so happy that I will never see Asik play in a Pels uniform again.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    What a steal! I would have given up a 1st rounder just to move Asik.. getting Mirotic in return is awesome. Landed the best 3 point shooting big in the NBA who is just 26 years old. I'm still excited for this season where getting some playoff experience will be a step in the right direction. Going into next season we will be in good shape if Boogie resigns. We are a starting wing and scoring bench guard away from being a serious contender. Someone like Lou Williams could really take this team to another level.
    Well getting Hill back is like getting a new wing. So if we can add a bench scorer we would be good. Maybe that’s Moore when Hill gets back.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I am wondering if there is more to the trade.. We have to be under the hard cap and we are taking in 1.9M and only have 1.2M. Is this the main part of the deal and we have some fillers to make it all work? Hopefully some protection on the 1st round pick too. Overall good trade by Dell. This helps us a lot. I am so happy that I will never see Asik play in a Pels uniform again.
    Please be Ajinca.

Still haven't processed the whole getting Mirotic in the deal.. I'm still processing I never ever have to see Omar "stone hands" Asik in a Pels uniform again!! Man he was so terrible!!

Hope that we've got a better deal now...

But that's never the case.

Well crap

The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Damn. Maybe they wanted our first, and we demanded that they take Asik in return and thats what caused the falling apart?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Could be the Mirotic is the hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Damn. Maybe they wanted our first, and we demanded that they take Asik in return and thats what caused the falling apart?
    Need Mirotics permission to carry over the 2018-19 team option - otherwise we are spending our 1st for expiring contract.

Thread Information