Pelicans Report

Thread: Pelicans will finish 9th and miss the playoffs book it

Pelicans will finish 9th and miss the playoffs book it

I knew it was a mistake to give up so much for Cousins because he was never going to sign here next year. If anyone saw his recent interview with AD sitting right next to him you would know that he had no intentions of resigning so we will end up with nothing for that ridiculous trade. Dell was just trying to save his and the coaches job for last season and this one. Now with this devastating injury no chance Cousins comes back and no chance we can make the playoffs or at the very very best the 8th seed and out in 4 games so boy has that trade backfired. Oh well it is what it is. Now for those more optimistic I say great keep your dreams alive but be realistic because this team now clearly isn't a playoff contender. And even if by some miracle Cousins does resign here he will miss several months of the following season. That injury usually takes like 12 months or longer to fully heal and when you're the size of Cousins due to his weight full recovery will take a long time and he could be left with some residual like a step or two slower when fully healed. As to Ajinca or Asik both totally useless. And the coach couldn't coach a lick when Cousins wasn't at his best so good luck. Just look today at his roster that lost the game. I can think of one player and everyone else can too that should have logged at least 20 - 25 minutes but got zero, so here we go again with subpar coaching. Oh and lastly there goes our 2018 1st round pick. I'm pretty sure Dell will waste it to try and salvage his job once again but this time it won't help the team or his job. Terrible terrible loss of Cousins but like I said he was gone after this season anyways. This is tough following how the Saints lost that Vikings game. So I guess we are all back to the old saying, "wait till next year"!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    So, when I walked out of The Last Jedi...know what I felt?

A mix of satisfaction and confusion. It felt like the way they treated Captain Picard's character was a unique and odd take. But it's okay. Even though he did get energized into a space cow and turn into stone. But that wasn't the weirdest part. Because when the cylons showed up and started turning everyone into daleks, the 5th dragonball wasn't found next to Voldermort's horcrux. So Commander Shepard broke a chair over Mace Windu's head and SpiderMan didn't get to make out with John Wick. It was just a bunch of blue balling with no pay off.

Oh wait. This isn't /r/movies.

We're gonna be first seed, in the East cause we'll get moved in the middle of all star break, and make the NBA finals in which Davis and Jrue will both ascend to godhood and receive a joint finals MVP for averaging 45ppg each with 25rebs and 25asts respectively. Then, we'll go on into free agency where Boogie will resign for the minimum (understanding our cap issues) in order for us to do.a sign and trade where Cleveland receive Asik, Hill, Ajinca, and our second round pick in 2189 for LeBron James, who will have conveniently taken shooting lessons from Ray Allen and will now shoot 45% from 3 for the rest of his career. Then we'll go 82-0 through the regular season, but we won't win the championship because in the final game of the season Davis will dunk on KATs head so hard the space-time continuum will shatter and there'll be no playoffs.

It's fun to just make things up and talk nonsense.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by specialman View Post
    I knew it was a mistake to give up so much for Cousins because he was never going to sign here next year. If anyone saw his recent interview with AD sitting right next to him you would know that he had no intentions of resigning so we will end up with nothing for that ridiculous trade. Dell was just trying to save his and the coaches job for last season and this one. Now with this devastating injury no chance Cousins comes back and no chance we can make the playoffs or at the very very best the 8th seed and out in 4 games so boy has that trade backfired. Oh well it is what it is. Now for those more optimistic I say great keep your dreams alive but be realistic because this team now clearly isn't a playoff contender. And even if by some miracle Cousins does resign here he will miss several months of the following season. That injury usually takes like 12 months or longer to fully heal and when you're the size of Cousins due to his weight full recovery will take a long time and he could be left with some residual like a step or two slower when fully healed. As to Ajinca or Asik both totally useless. And the coach couldn't coach a lick when Cousins wasn't at his best so good luck. Just look today at his roster that lost the game. I can think of one player and everyone else can too that should have logged at least 20 - 25 minutes but got zero, so here we go again with subpar coaching. Oh and lastly there goes our 2018 1st round pick. I'm pretty sure Dell will waste it to try and salvage his job once again but this time it won't help the team or his job. Terrible terrible loss of Cousins but like I said he was gone after this season anyways. This is tough following how the Saints lost that Vikings game. So I guess we are all back to the old saying, "wait till next year"!!
    Wow, that's one HUGE paragraph, with basically not 1 iota of coherency in it. I'm exhausted from trying to locate any inkling of sense made. Oh well .

Boogie isn’t going nowhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strong username to post correlation

I like Turtles.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

You'll be singing a different tune once we trade for Kemba in a week and a half, and push for the 3rd seed yo....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    So much nonsense. We have an awesome team and we will be in the playoffs. I see us getting another pg or big. Wait till feb 8th before u act like everything is ruined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I’ll wait - actually will wait all the way to the end of the season but i’ll be the first one in line to tell you I told you so.

Lol we lost one game to a Clippers team that has been playing much better than the beginning of their season. Can we wait a while for this? Lol.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We're gonna be first seed, in the East cause we'll get moved in the middle of all star break, and make the NBA finals in which Davis and Jrue will both ascend to godhood and receive a joint finals MVP for averaging 45ppg each with 25rebs and 25asts respectively. Then, we'll go on into free agency where Boogie will resign for the minimum (understanding our cap issues) in order for us to do.a sign and trade where Cleveland receive Asik, Hill, Ajinca, and our second round pick in 2189 for LeBron James, who will have conveniently taken shooting lessons from Ray Allen and will now shoot 45% from 3 for the rest of his career. Then we'll go 82-0 through the regular season, but we won't win the championship because in the final game of the season Davis will dunk on KATs head so hard the space-time continuum will shatter and there'll be no playoffs.

It's fun to just make things up and talk nonsense.
    To follow up on this, IF Lebron leaves and Gilbert sales the franchise to Seattle to be the Sonics again...Who moves to the East to replace Cleveland. Memphis or Pelicans? I feel like it will be Memphis.

I felt like this threads needed a change of subject lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    You'll be singing a different tune once we trade for Kemba in a week and a half, and push for the 3rd seed yo....

Please please please make this happen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by specialman View Post
    Ok I’ll wait - actually will wait all the way to the end of the season but i’ll be the first one in line to tell you I told you so.
    Clips just traded away Blake and rumors are LouWill and DJ are on the block too

Do you really see the Jazz or Lakers catching us?

boogie will be back..he is close to home and he wanna atleast see what couldve been if he played a full season with AD. so he will be back..bank on that

Thread Information