Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rev Up Dat Tank

Rev Up Dat Tank

Kidding, or naw?

Jrue and AD have been playing solid ball, but can someone come to life and be our 3rd option? I would rather not trade our first round pick this year for a guy who might not get us over the hump, and let's face it, this team is going to struggle with anyone that's a boarderline star. So if you are trading that pick, the player has to be solid.

So do we rev up the tank?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Honestly if what Woj says is true, and by all accounts it is, this is probably more than ever a signal that the team needs to bring in some depth at the wing, like a Demarre Carroll, and a back up big.

If we plan on still making a playoff run, we basically have to play Davis at center, which means we need a more reliable pace and space power forward. Carroll fits that role perfectly.

Skal Labissiere being shopped for cheap also makes a pretty large amount of sense because he has a tone of upside. Diallo should also get in-game development. You develop them, showcase them, then when Boogie comes back you have some nice trade assets, hopefully.

Yeah, I am hoping that Diallo gets some serious run over a G-League call up.

I just have little confidence that Del will win a trade that involves our 1st round pick, so I would rather not see him trade it. Save that pick, this team (with a new addition) can either make the playoffs as an 8 seed, or net a top 10 pick in the draft. Given our need to enter the offseason with cap to spend, hold the pick and don't get tied down to a mediocre talent all for a 1st round exit.

Trade for Robin Lopez, run a Jrue-Moore-Miller-AD-Lopez lineup, make the playoffs still.
    Basketball.

I don't think we are going to tank. We are too far ahead anyway. If anything we dig deeper in on bringing players in to make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't think we are going to tank. We are too far ahead anyway. If anything we dig deeper in on bringing players in to make the playoffs.
    I don't think Dell has ever shown much interest in tanking even in the year we got Buddy. Not sending out Gordon and Ryno when he knew they wouldn't re-sign are prime examples

Any trades should be with the future in mind and not just this season. So a trade may go down for a long term spot on the wing but we won't be trying to get a big man to replace Boogie unless we think we don't want to resign him or he won't return from this injury.

Not so much a tank.....but we're not exactly all in to win either.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Any trades should be with the future in mind and not just this season. So a trade may go down for a long term spot on the wing but we won't be trying to get a big man to replace Boogie unless we think we don't want to resign him or he won't return from this injury.

Not so much a tank.....but we're not exactly all in to win either.
    I agree, but who knows what's going through Dell's mind right now

Unless Someone can prove to me we can sign Cousins and still field a good roster, We should just blow it up. Tank, trade AD for 2 firsts and rozier, Tatum, draft Ayton, Donic. Fantasy

Reason I say this, only 6 games above 500 together, then you pay 30m/yr more for D.C.? Tough to do. Would we ever be top 3 in west?. No

But reality is it's too late to tank.

Screw that, playoffs or bust. The city and the fans need this. The team looks more focused as of late. I think they will rally around Cousins’ injury.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 01-27-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post

That’s awesome to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Screw that, playoffs or bust. The city and the fans need this. The team looks more focused as of late. I think they will rally around Cousins’ injury.
    Hell yes! We’re still at least a seventh seed without Boogie!

AD needs to make the playoffs. This is his chance to fully take the reigns as the true leader of this team and shut up the talking heads in the national media.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 01-27-2018 at 09:39 AM.

You are Dell. You are selling AD tanking this year. To select a rookie who will help you in two years.
    Resigning DMC and waiting a season for him to comeback to form?

Good luck!

Pick is gone. Deal with it.
    Hopefully only 2018 first is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    You are Dell. You are selling AD tanking this year. To select a rookie who will help you in two years.

Good luck!

I was expecting the 1st gone even with Boogie. Seriously AD and Boogie could not keep this many minutes up. Desperately need help

Hopefully the plan hasn't deviated too much

I couldn't care less about a pick in the 20s. How many are gonna make an immediate impact? None. Not even Malik Monk at 8 is anywhere near a rotation player.

All in no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post

Good luck!

There is no selling AD on tanking this year, he still wants to make the playoffs with or without Cousins. We are 6 games above. 500 with over half the season played and in 6th place - 1 game out of 5th, the Kings are 18 games below.

There will be no tanking.

There is no selling AD on tanking this year, he still wants to make the playoffs with or without Cousins. We are 6 games above. 500 with over half the season played and in 6th place - 1 game out of 5th, the Kings are 18 games below.

There will be no tanking.
    Yeah pawel was saying there's no chance in the tanking angle

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Yeah pawel was saying there's no chance in the tanking angle
    I blame not sleeping much last night and doing a lot of raging and drinking as the reason for the misreading.

I blame not sleeping much last night and doing a lot of raging and drinking as the reason for the misreading.
    You don't need no excuses

Hell I'm even enjoying a beverage right now

27 wins already is probably too many to have any real good shot at a lottery pick

with that said... playoffs or bust
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Talking to someone before the injury went down... they said bazemore was in our plans
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Basketball Guru
    some pelicans fans are just crazy...dell has never shown a tanking mindset...i say use 2 first round picks to get rid of bad contracts and bring back some help that will contribute to the team now and the future in case we resign cousins or if he walks.....

I have the same. In Poland Pels game started at 2AM local time. Was not able to sleep later. ..

It's been a rough 24 hours.

Thread Information