Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade ideas to keep this season alive

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Talk about thin skin
    It's kinda funny, he pretty much only shows up these days to respond to comments about himself. The man is the definition of an ego problem.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Asik, Ajinca, Nelson, 2018 and 2021 top 8 protected for:

Dinwiddie, Zeller and Carroll.

As per MM.

Good team going into 2018.

Dinwiddie/Jackson
    Holiday/Moore
    Hill/Miller
    Davis/Carrol/Diallo
    Cousins/Zeller

Maybe even use the 2019 2nd round pick to offload Carrol if we cant get a bench.
    That would be a horrible move. Are we the new Billy King Nets now?

Dinwiddie is fools gold

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    That would be a horrible move. Are we the new Billy King Nets now?
    Waiting for your brilliance.
    Send me a PM so as soon it happens I can get a notification. I dont want to miss a minute of pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Dinwiddie is fools gold
    So is anything in the the 17 to 20 range we will be in the draft come 2018 and 2021.

People have start realising that we aren't going to waste our time with 19 year players in both Cousin's and Davis' prime.

If it all turns to ******** that's when we will have our draft picks when AD and Boogie leave. Not before.

I think we should keep our first for summer. Its pointless to trade it now, just for a chance to win couple games in first round of PO.
    If Cousins was there, we could upgrade a bit and hope for 1st round upset, and just show him we can win so he stays, but now its all pointless... save it for the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    I think we should keep our first for summer. Its pointless to trade it now, just for a chance to win couple games in first round of PO.
    If Cousins was there, we could upgrade a bit and hope for 1st round upset, and just show him we can win so he stays, but now its all pointless... save it for the summer
    What makes you think the offers in the Summer will be better? Maybe a GM thinks the Pels miss the playoffs and the pick is worth more now instead of on draft night.

What makes you think the offers in the Summer will be better? Maybe a GM thinks the Pels miss the playoffs and the pick is worth more now instead of on draft night.
    I think Cousins situation will be more clear, and our bad contracts will be a bit less bad...

After Boogie went down - value of our 2018 pick went up to late lottery/mid first
    On the other hand other GMs know that Pels might be kinda
    desperate.

I have accepted that our pick is gone. I have hope that we will remain with all our future first.

I think Cousins situation will be more clear, and our bad contracts will be a bit less bad...
    How will our bad contracts be less bad going into 2018/19 season? If we keep our pick and it slots in at pick 20. Do you honestly think we can attach pick 20 with Asik in the Summer or take on some contract that is 30% better, but atleast playable?

GM's make decisions on potential. At the moment the Pels have the potential to miss the playoffs.

TBH Asik and Ajinca deals will be better in July. Ajinca will be expiring.
    And Asik might have some value in July after showing that he is playable.

In normal situation , with job guarantee Pels should have remain with pick.
    But this is win now mode.
    Dell and Alvin are expiring (with not good history).

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    TBH Asik and Ajinca deals will be better in July. Ajinca will be expiring.

In normal situation , with job guarantee Pels should have remain with pick.
    But this is win now mode.
    Dell and Alvin are expiring (with not good history).
    So Ajinca isn't an expiring February 5th 2018? Your telling me he will be more valuable because he will have 30 less games than in July?

Come on man....that's not the discussion here.

No no.
    What I have said - our bad contracts will be less bad in July.
    Cause they will be shorter.
    In normal situation cost of dumping them will be smaller than now. But this is nothing new.
    Situation here is clear. To upgrade with impact players they need to use pick.

Pels situation is rather clear.
    But for example Nuggets are seen leaguewide as a promising and deep team.
    But they wont pay tax for now.
    Have player options for 20 millions next year.
    Injured 30 millions player.
    And decision when to extend Jokic (max deal).

With big contracts of Faried, Plumlee and Harris and eventual extension of Barton.

Been looking around just for fun, and there's some Cavs fans convinced they'll be able to trade us Tristan Thompson + filler for Jrue Holiday now that Cousins is injured and we need a center.

We need a center who isn't earning $17m a year, isnt undersized, and doesnt suck. And we're not trading Jrue who has been magnificent to get that subpar guy.

Some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Been looking around just for fun, and there's some Cavs fans convinced they'll be able to trade us Tristan Thompson + filler for Jrue Holiday now that Cousins is injured and we need a center.

We need a center who isn't earning $17m a year, isnt undersized, and doesnt suck. And we're not trading Jrue who has been magnificent to get that subpar guy.

Some people.
    I honestly laugh when anyone thinks Tristan,JR, or Schumpert actually are good value players. They are just Cleveland homers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post

Are you kidding yourself or everyone else here?

We know what Asik is. Every now and again he can give 8 good defensive minutes if there is a very specific matchup ala Dwight for him.

Other than that he is complete liability on the court. His trade value is as negative as they come

How will our bad contracts be less bad going into 2018/19 season? If we keep our pick and it slots in at pick 20. Do you honestly think we can attach pick 20 with Asik in the Summer or take on some contract that is 30% better, but atleast playable?

GM's make decisions on potential. At the moment the Pels have the potential to miss the playoffs.
    Because Ajinca will be expiring, and u can count Asik also as expiring...
    Trading our first now for mediocre players will mean we will be stuck... I rather prefer to suck couple of years and then be relevent for couple of years, then to be mediocre for all those years...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Some people.
    We at least it's nice to hear other fanbases valuing Jrue as much as wanting to trade for him

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Pelicans need another ball handler and facilitator, as much as another big body, now that Boogie is out. Solomon Hill is a well paid wing that we will add to the rotation. Unless one of Hill, Moore, or Miller is going out in a trade, I don’t think we need to send out a first round pick if the best player coming back is an overpaid, potentially slightly above average wing player.

If Hill isn’t our starting SF, any trade I would do involving our 1st has to get rid of him and his salary if the goal is to bring back a starting wing.

Hill is the starting SF though

Trade ideas to keep this season alive

Trading our first now for mediocre players will mean we will be stuck... I rather prefer to suck couple of years and then be relevent for couple of years, then to be mediocre for all those years...

The question is...Are you willing to lose AD? AD will not want to “suck” for a couple of years. The dynamic of the game is changing. Players can force a trade. See PG and Kyrie. I am afraid if we “suck” a couple more years then AD is going to force his way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't really matter what you prefer because AD and Cousins want to make the playoffs, now. If you want to keep them long term you cannot they to do a mini rebuild for 2 years then say "ok now we are going to compete."

The option isn't "suck now to be good later". If we suck now we will suck later because AD and Cousins will leave.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Hill is the starting SF though
    If Hill is the starting SF, then we have sufficient depth there, IMO. And if we're trading our 1st round pick it needs to be for another guard to pair with Holiday and a Center to carry us through the rest of this season and the first half of next season with a limited Cousins.

Bringing in a guy like DeMarre Carroll, at $15m, doesn't seem to make a lot of sense unless we're getting rid of Hill. And in that scenario, I'm not sure I give up a #1 just to pay Carroll more than Hill but for one less year.

I wonder what it would take to get Lamb and Frank Kaminsky from Charlotte? Possibly take that MKG or Marvin Willians contract off their hands while we're at it.

Are you kidding yourself or everyone else here?

We know what Asik is. Every now and again he can give 8 good defensive minutes if there is a very specific matchup ala Dwight for him.

Other than that he is complete liability on the court. His trade value is as negative as they come
    This is why I put a smiling face in the post
    His trade value is connected with his contract value.
    Until 2019 he has negative value.
    In 2019 he will be expiring with small guarantee. This might be useful in trade. But will never have positive value.

Even if he will play great defense.
    He is dinosaur. Dinosaurs are/were supposed to die.

I was saying it earlier. I will say it again.
    Asik is gone. Probably before February 5th

Thread Information