Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade ideas to keep this season alive

2 possible trades: Mirotic, Justin Holiday, J. Grant. ... for ... Asik, Ajinca, top-10 protected 1st, Nelson, and Diallo or F. Jackson

Then try to sign Bogut, Monroe, and/or Frye once they are waived

Mirotic helps fill the Boogie void in the front court, get solid depth at the wing with Justin Holiday, brothers reunited gives a fun positive thing Pels definitely need, get Grant to help at PG.

Or... DeMaree Carroll and Zeller for same package, minus Jackson/Diallo. Carroll is a nice addition at SF/PF who can also help next season. Zeller helps at C.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Hornets giving up too much IMO.

Dedmon. Belinelli. Babbitt. Hawks 2019 2nd
    For
    Asik. Nelson.Diallo. 2018 top-5 protected
    give them our 2nd too which they can sell

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    2 possible trades: Mirotic, Justin Holiday, J. Grant. ... for ... Asik, Ajinca, top-10 protected 1st, Nelson, and Diallo or F. Jackson

Then try to sign Bogut, Monroe, and/or Frye once they are waived

Mirotic helps fill the Boogie void in the front court, get solid depth at the wing with Justin Holiday, brothers reunited gives a fun positive thing Pels definitely need, get Grant to help at PG.

Or... DeMaree Carroll and Zeller for same package, minus Jackson/Diallo. Carroll is a nice addition at SF/PF who can also help next season. Zeller helps at C.
    I would not be upset with a trade like that.

We have to make sure we send out more money and players to ensure we have space for Bogut but a starting front court of Mirotic and AD with a backup of Cunningham and Bogut is not...The worst thing ever.

Mirotic's skillset fits our system well too. A 2nd year on his contract means we can also bring Cousins along slowly. I'd probably do what needs to be done to make the trade work.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    With Boogie out, Mirotic is looking like even more of a possibility this time around. I really like Hood, and Dedmon if Mirotic is out of our range. Sign Monroe once he gets bought out, and who knows.

I also like the possibility of Demarre Carroll. Can't have enough shooters in a 3 point shooting league. One guy I don't want to get rid of is Moore. I really like how he fits in with our squad.

Even with Boogie at 80%, I still want him back here. He's embraced NOLA with all his heart, and I think he genuinely loves it here. Don't think he'll settle for less because of his injury, but I'd like him back regardless.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I trade a top 10 protected 2018 pick and Hill for Vucevic. He’s not Boogie, but he’s a good replacement and gets us out of Hill’s contract a year earlier. Vucevic would also allow us to have an interesting expiring contract to trade at 2019 deadline if Boogie is back and unrestricted on minutes.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Lottery protected 1st, Ajinca, and Nelson for Dinwiddie and Zeller.

I like that almost as much as a 1st and Hill for Vucevic. Both players would be key contributors to close this season and start 2018/19 season. Dinwiddie and Jrue could be our starting backcourt for many years.

The most obvious thing to do is trade for Greg Monroe. He’s an expiring so don’t have to worry about long term commitment with him.

Look at his #s in the games that he’s actually played with the Suns.

Once again, do not sacrifice the future for something short term. The priority should remain dynamic help on the wing.

We already needed a 3rd big to rotate with Davis and cousins, so trading for one now isn’t a panic move and fits with our long term needs. A shooting wing who can spot at the 4 also makes sense long term. So a deal for either or both of those needs centered on our 2018 first rounder would be a sound move.

Asik, Ajinca, Nelson, 2018 and 2021 top 8 protected for:

Dinwiddie, Zeller and Carroll.

As per MM.

Good team going into 2018.

Dinwiddie/Jackson
    Holiday/Moore
    Hill/Miller
    Davis/Carrol/Diallo
    Cousins/Zeller

Maybe even use the 2019 2nd round pick to offload Carrol if we cant get a bench.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 01-27-2018 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post

As per MM.

Dinwiddie/Jackson
    Holiday/Moore
    Hill/Miller
    Davis/Carrol/Diallo
    Cousins/Zeller

Maybe even use the 2019 2nd round pick to offload Carrol if we cant get a bench.
    Who is MM? Someone on twitter?? (Trying to find some good Pels beat writers/rumors to follow)

That Brooklyn trade looks like our best option right now in the short term. And even with Solo coming back, I think you need Carroll to play at the 3, while Solo can bounce between the 3 and 4, and Zeller can be used at the 4 when AD is in and play the 5 when AD sits. Obviously it doesn't replace Boogie but it'll give us depth and a stop-gap in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Who is MM? Someone on twitter?? (Trying to find some good Pels beat writers/rumors to follow)
    Michael McNamara.
    He used to write for the bourbon street shots and does a pod cast every now and then.
    Has inside info on the Pels.
    Some people don't like him but I think he knows his stuff.
    He is known as Crewz on Tiger Droppings.

Quote Originally Posted by deiondeion View Post
    That Brooklyn trade looks like our best option right now in the short term. And even with Solo coming back, I think you need Carroll to play at the 3, while Solo can bounce between the 3 and 4, and Zeller can be used at the 4 when AD is in and play the 5 when AD sits. Obviously it doesn't replace Boogie but it'll give us depth and a stop-gap in the meantime.
    Zeller is a 5 who can shoot the 3.
    He would play the 5 most of the time.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Michael McNamara.
    He used to write for the bourbon street shots and does a pod cast every now and then.
    Has inside info on the Pels.
    Some people don't like him but I think he knows his stuff.
    He is known as Crewz on Tiger Droppings.
    The SElf Proclaimed "I have inside info on Pels" Michael McNamara. Dude lives in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    The SElf Proclaimed "I have inside info on Pels" Michael McNamara. Dude lives in Utah.
    He lives in Utah. Yeah so?
    You can know people from a different state.

He is more cedible and knows more than most. That's all I can say.

He probably has inside info but he is a very, very insecure man

He lives in Utah. Yeah so?
    You can know people from a different state.

He is more cedible and knows more than most. That's all I can say.
    Really ? So, the Saints/Pels org, who probably the most tight lipped entities in the sports world, just happen to give inside info to a dude that lives in Utah & has Zero official business with The organization? C'mon, you can't be serious. Yeah, he gets predicts some outcomes , but that happens when you throw a multiple choice answer on the wall. He has as much "inside info" as Fletcher Mackel.

Really ? So, the Saints/Pels org, who probably the most tight lipped entities in the sports world, just happen to give inside info to a dude that lives in Utah & has Zero official business with The organization? C'mon, you can't be serious. Yeah, he gets predicts some outcomes , but that happens when you throw a multiple choice answer on the wall. He has as much "inside info" as Fletcher Mackel.
    I love how people who literally know no one in the org bash people who may know someone. You act like you are 100% sure that he knows no one. GTFO dude, you can bash the dude for being insecure which I agree with since he doesn’t take criticism well which has been obvious from this board. Bashing someone on straight assuming something is stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As per MM.

Dinwiddie/Jackson
    Holiday/Moore
    Hill/Miller
    Davis/Carrol/Diallo
    Cousins/Zeller

I would love that. Helps Pels make a good push this season and like you said, really rounds out the roster next season too. Let’s do it, the future is now

Dinwiddie has been down the last couple games. Maybe he just hit a purple patch before that

Trade ideas to keep this season alive

I'm assuming this Cousins injury practically guarantees the No Tax mandate stays in place for next year. That means you need to trade for cheap depth. Players like Robin Lopez, Zach Randolph and Mirotic are not the kind of players to trade for because they make too much money next year. DeMarre Carroll is listed in a trade below but only because that deal brings back a 1st you can use to change him into something cheaper.

Trade Proposal 1, Brooklyn

Nets - Asik/Ajinca/2018 1st lotto protected/2020 1st lotto protected
    Pels - Dinwiddie/Zeller/Carroll/Toronto 1st

If Brooklyn would do this trade it fits because Carroll helps this year, Dinwiddie and Zeller give you a rotation guard and center making under $2 million each through next year giving you some cheap depth to help stay afloat and out of the tax next year. The tax implications make Carroll hard to keep around next year, but package him with the Toronto 1st and maybe you can turn him into a cheaper player that would still be useful.

Trade Proposal 2, being the 3rd team in a George Hill Trade

Cavs - George Hill
    Kings - Asik/Ajinca/Iman Shumpert/Pels 1st
    Pels - Jae Crowder/Willy Cauley-Stein/Skal Labissier

Crowder has 2 more years after this around $7.5 which is great for a solid 3 and D wing. Skal is a rookie with potential and while WCS doesn't look like he'll ever be great, the Pels just need him to be serviceable, which he can be.

I also think it's either time to play Diallo real minutes or trade him to one of the other teams that thought highly of him during the draft before his value declines too much. Phoenix, Atlanta and Indy all had him in for pre draft workouts. Phoenix has a lot of picks this year, so trading Diallo for their 2nd doesn't seem out of line. I'd see if I could talk Atlanta into a Diallo for Bembry swap. Indy doesn't really have anything that fits what we need.

I saw these two trades on Tiger droppings. If we made either of these trades then I would not be mad at all. I think either way it makes our team better now and does not kill our flexibility next year.

Last edited by msw2024; 01-27-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I love how people who literally know no one in the org bash people who may know someone. You act like you are 100% sure that he knows no one. GTFO dude, you can bash the dude for being insecure which I agree with since he doesn’t take criticism well which has been obvious from this board. Bashing someone on straight assuming something is stupid.

Difference- I don't claim to know anybody w/in the organization that is in the position to make personel decisions & then leak those decisions. Especially to a guy that doesn't even have press credentials in New Orleans. I know several folks w/in the organization. They certainly don't have inside information of the type that McNamara claims. When someone tells the public that he/she has inside info, it kinda makes the point that he/she truly doesn't have such info. AND, if by chance he did, he wouldn't have it for long, considering he's making it public.

Difference- I don't claim to know anybody w/in the organization that is in the position to make personel decisions & then leak those decisions. Especially to a guy that doesn't even have press credentials in New Orleans. I know several folks w/in the organization. They certainly don't have inside information of the type that McNamara claims. When someone tells the public that he/she has inside info, it kinda makes the point that he/she truly doesn't have such info. AND, if by chance he did, he wouldn't have it for long, considering he's making it public.
    If you think that guys a loser...imagine being a guy who knows NOTHING about another man. Who never met him or spoke to him, so positive that he knows what this person does or does not know. And then, this loser spends his time on a message board trying to convince other people he has never met of this as well.

Man, THAT guy while be quite a loser, wouldn't he?
    @mcnamara247

Talk about thin skin

Thread Information