Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Pels vs Rockets 1/26

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Now that's just plain stupid. Players of all ages get that injury. He recovered from it. His decline started in '11-'12, not after the injury.
    It is a medical fact that older men are more susceptible to achilles ruptures. Most ruptures occur in male athletes after the age of 30. Don't believe me? Do your research.

From https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/k...-we-can-learn:

But to do this, the 36-year old, sixteen-year veteran will accumulate even more muscle, tendon, and ligament pounding, soft tissue micro-tears, and other repetitive force-producing events. The reality of this give-and-take situation is the structural integrity of his musculoskeletal system will be compromised. And not surprisingly, as it occurred in this case, the structure of his Achilles tendon was breached during a normal basketball maneuver.
    In regards to when Kobe declined,

In 2011-2012, Kobe averaged almost 28 points on 43% shooting from the field, leading his team to Game 7 of the WCSF. In 2012-2013, Kobe had an even BETTER year, averaging 27.3 points on 47% shooting from the field, posted the highest efficient FG% of his career, and single handidly dragged a sorry, depleted Lakers team that started 20-26 into the postseason.

In fact, Kobe himself referred to the 12-13 year as his BEST year: https://247sports.com/nba/los-angele...best-112408959

"It's the season where I ruptured my Achilles, actually," he says. "Because I felt like I was playing the best basketball I've ever played in my entire career."
    So much for a decline.

Kobe's ACTUAL decline occured after the 2013 achilles injury. To keep denying that is ludicrous.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 01-26-2018 at 11:15 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I would immediately get a deal done for Robin Lopez.
    I like the sound of that. It'd take our first to get it done though, cause of their youth movement.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Don't we have two overpaid centers...
    Does that matter in who we go after this injury? No.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    It is a medical fact that older men are more susceptible to achilles ruptures. Most ruptures occur in men after the age of 30. Don't believe me? Do your research.

In 2011-2012, Kobe averaged almost 28 points on 43% shooting from the field, leading his team to Game 7 of the WCSF. In 2012-2013, Kobe had an even BETTER year, averaging 27.3 points on 47% shooting from the field, posted the higest efficient FG% of his career, and single handidly dragged a sorry, depleted Lakers team that started 20-26 into the postseason.

In fact, Kobe himself referred to the 12-13 year as his BEST year: https://247sports.com/nba/los-angele...best-112408959

So much for a decline.
    You conveniently left out the year before 11-12. When he played all 82 games and had better shooting percentages across the board. 2011-12 was a down year before one last effort the following year, which was his 17th year in the league.

I realize I'm probably talking to a 14 year old that wont shut up. But you win. His achilles took him out. Not his age, wear and tear in the league or poor team.

If not for that damn achilles tear he'd probably still be playing like an all-star today. You got it. Bye.

His decline started in '11-'12, not after the injury.
    You conveniently left out the year before 11-12.
    I didn't leaving out anything. I addressed the years you specifically mentioned. Ironically, I'm the only person who is actually providing facts and backing them up with sources.

I realize I'm probably talking to a 14 year old that wont shut up. But you win. His achilles took him out. Not his age, wear and tear in the league or poor team.

If not for that damn achilles tear he'd probably still be playing like an all-star today. You got it. Bye.
    But thanks for conceding.

I know that must be hard for your precious ego.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 01-26-2018 at 11:26 PM.

I feel bad for Boogie but hopefully we can get someone like Greg Monroe to help out.

This organisation is cursed. This injury is So hard to swallow... Keep Your head up big fella! Everyone is praying for You. Now I want to see Pelicans playing with heart and passion! Let's bring this playoffs for Boogie Cousins !

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Very bummed out. It feels like a death or something. Geeez!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we still make the playoffs?

Bucks fan here. I've been watching you guys since November because I couldn't take any more Kidd and I love the Boogie/Brow 'experiment' in the modern NBA. Had you down as a solid playoff team before the season, when everyone had the Pels at .500 or some ********.

Anyway this is so freakin depressing - like top of list of the worst things that could've happened this season.
    Would've been so great to see what you could do full-strength in the playoffs. Praying he comes back at a similar/same ability next season. Rudy Gay came back from a January achilles tear in time for the season and he's just as good as before so hope it's the same story.

Anyway just wanted to say I'm so sorry that this happened..

I think the worst part has to be for boogie himself. Works his butt.off, tries to minimise the on court drama he is a.part.of,.minimise.off court drama. Finally makes all-star starter,.top numbers and his reward is a blown Achilles. No winners pelican wise

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Classy move. Thanks for the words. Pels fans are in a pretty dark place right now.

Quote Originally Posted by lvckv View Post
    Bucks fan here. I've been watching you guys since November because I couldn't take any more Kidd and I love the Boogie/Brow 'experiment' in the modern NBA. Had you down as a solid playoff team before the season, when everyone had the Pels at .500 or some ********.

Anyway this is so freakin depressing - like top of list of the worst things that could've happened this season.
    Would've been so great to see what you could do full-strength in the playoffs. Praying he comes back at a similar/same ability next season. Rudy Gay came back from a January achilles tear in time for the season and he's just as good as before so hope it's the same story.

Anyway just wanted to say I'm so sorry that this happened..
    Frankly I can say I've been frustrated with this team all year. Everybody that has watched them wondered why they don't punish teams inside more.

They score a lot of points in the paint but thats mostly from drives outside or short jumpers.

Now tonight, they finally make me smile. They consistently get one of the bigs to post up inside and destroyed the Rockets with it. At least in the 1st half. So the light was coming on.

Then this ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I would immediately get a deal done for Robin Lopez.
    why do you want to get Pierre killed?
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

If Cousins doesn’t resign, I️ think that is a very real possibility, you have to blow it up and trade AD. If his prognosis is he returns and maybe has 3 years left in his career he should sign with a contender. This is a bad situation. He won’t be the same player and could have a much shorter career now. I️ really hate this situation.

I️ say try to make a deal before the deadline to get us a player that will help us get to the playoffs. If we win on a trade and make the playoffs and Cousins signs with us and returns next year in great health this could work out for the team. Especially if we overcome adversity and still play at a high level and have a good offseason.

I just watched the game this morning and it was such an emotional rollercoaster for me ! Such a good game with the win in the end but then i learned about boogie and i was so disappointed.

I thought we would have had an amazing season with the team starting to gel and play very solid basketball but man it's hard ! Hope we still make the playoffs and put up a good fight and then in the offseason we resign (maybe less than the max) boogie and come back stronger !

Thread Information