Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Pels vs Rockets 1/26

This will send shockwaves through the organisation. Expect the 1st to be dealt soon

Well we know what position we will be trading for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He didn't bounce back. He was done after that.
    That had more to do with his age than the injury. He played 3 more years after that.

I’m so bummed, man.
    RIP FlyGirl

The main issue is if its a complete tear, he won't see a basketball court till somewhere around October. Off-season wrecked.

Good grief.

sickening...

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    That had more to do with his age than the injury. He played 3 more years after that.
    Maybe, but then you couldn't use him as an example of a player bouncing back: he only played for two years after that, and stunk it up for both of them.

Dominique Wilkins is a much better example. He ruptured his Achilles, came back, played another 6 seasons, including two 29ppg seasons, and having his best 3pt shooting season.
    Basketball.

Fletcher Mackel is on twitter asking if we can trade Boogie and Frank to the Lakers for Lopez. Whoever runs the Pels official twitter account tweeted @ him to delete it. Lol wtf Fletcher.

The main issue is if its a complete tear, he won't see a basketball court till somewhere around October. Off-season wrecked.

Good grief.
    Yeah. If there is any silver lining, it's that I'd now put Cousins odds of resigning with us at 100%.

I am just sick right now.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

That injury marked the beginning of the end of his career. Yes, Kobe played 3 more seasons. But he was never the same player.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

There's a tear and there's a rupture of the achillies, with the rupture being worse

sports just aren't for me, i'm fully convinced after this month

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    There's a tear and there's a rupture of the achillies, with the rupture being worse
    And yet Wilkins still came back from that.

There is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Fletcher Mackel is on twitter asking if we can trade Boogie and Frank to the Lakers for Lopez. Whoever runs the Pels official twitter account tweeted @ him to delete it. Lol wtf Fletcher.
    Fletcher should be banned from the arena. Seriously.

Maybe, but then you couldn't use him as an example of a player bouncing back: he only played for two years after that, and stunk it up for both of them.

Dominique Wilkins is a much better example. He ruptured his Achilles, came back, played another 6 seasons, including two 29ppg seasons, and having his best 3pt shooting season.
    Not really. Bryant averaged 22 points in one of those years. It's not like he had that injury then could barely get up a court.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Get ready for this take until the deadline.

WTF?!?! That’s to stupid to comment on.

Not really. Bryant averaged 22 points in one of those years. It's not like he had that injury then could barely get up a court.
    Shooting 37% from the floor and 28% from 3. That's stinking it up to me.

Get ready for this take until the deadline.

This happens and just go ahead and move the franchise to Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Our local media “insiders “ are so stupid.

Well our playoff chances are shot

That injury marked the beginning of the end of his career. Yes, Kobe played 3 more seasons. But he was never the same player.
    He was also a lot older than Boogie and used his quickness more.

so is AD still 100% anti-starting at center? if not, then cunningham at the 4? if so, then we have to start........asik?

He also played 35 games and shoot a career low 37% from the field that year before suffering a season-ending rotator cuff tear.

I'm sorry, but you're completely off base here.

Shooting 37% from the floor and 28% from 3. That's stinking it up to me.
    He had Jeremy Lin and Carlos Boozer as running buddies. He was already old and had been in the league damn near 20 years. That had more to do with his AGE.

I realize this ain't the most astute place when it comes to basketball, but you got your answer.

Yes players come back from this and most other injuries aside from death.
    Last edited by luckyman; 01-26-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Thread Information