Pelicans Report

Thread: SLAM Magazine Cover and Feature about AD/Boogie

SLAM Magazine Cover and Feature about AD/Boogie

Rolling with the No Limit theme from the hoodie still it seems:

Some Highlights:

“It’s fun,” Cousins says of suiting up next to a fellow top-10 player every single night. “It’s a pleasure to know I got one of the most talented players in the world as my teammate. It’s not every day you get a chance to play with a talent like that. I’m grateful for it, and I’m sure he feels the same way. We’ve both been in situations where we’ve been the guy on our team, and we go out and score 30 every night and go home with Ls. We’re past that part in our careers. We see the bigger picture, we want the bigger picture, which is a chance at winning a championship. We’re putting in the work every day, putting in the sacrifices to make it work. I think we’re growing and getting better every day. And eventually, things will click.”

WARNING: Video has some NSFW language. It's worth it for the end though.

LOVE IT!!!!!!

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Brilliant cover!

Incredible.
    Basketball.

Is that this month's? I want to buy that!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

That cover is cliché as hell. An alligator? REALLY?

I still might buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

I still might buy it.
    Thats not what they are cliche-ing. It's one of those old 1998 No Limit cd/album covers.

I still might buy it.
    It's clearly based on a specific album design from the 90s/2000s

It's amazing

I don't remember alligators and pelicans being on that old cover. The diamond SLAM yeah.

I don't remember alligators and pelicans being on that old cover. The diamond SLAM yeah.
    They put a spin on it lol
    RIP FlyGirl

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I need this framed in my basement.

Anybody realize that Cousins has not had 1 single problem since coming here? No issues with the coaches or players and has been a model teammate. I'm sure a lot has to do with his maturity level at this age but also speaks to how comfortable and how much he likes it here. Awesome to see he and AD having such a close relationship that is more Lebron/Wade then Durant/Westbrook. Really hope we can resign Boogie which imo is going to decide if AD stays or goes.

I think these 2 are only going to get better together as they become more comfortable with each other and in the system. We have 2 super stars to build around which not many teams can say. Then you throw in Jrue who has now built up his trade value while also being a very valuable piece for this team which is a win win. The hardest part is getting those guys and the easy part is adding the finishing pieces imo. We just need to trust the process because this doesn't happen over night but we are close!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Then you throw in Jrue who has now built up his trade value while also being a very valuable piece for this team which is a win win.
    I agree with most of what you're saying but this sentence seems to me like you think Jrue is a trade piece. Based on what he's produced for us this season, he's almost as untouchable as AD and Boogie.

Not quite. But almost.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I need this framed in my basement.
    I was just thinking something similar. I think I'd have to lay out the cash if I saw this as a poster.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Anybody realize that Cousins has not had 1 single problem since coming here? No issues with the coaches or players and has been a model teammate. I'm sure a lot has to do with his maturity level at this age but also speaks to how comfortable and how much he likes it here. Awesome to see he and AD having such a close relationship that is more Lebron/Wade then Durant/Westbrook. Really hope we can resign Boogie which imo is going to decide if AD stays or goes.

I think these 2 are only going to get better together as they become more comfortable with each other and in the system. We have 2 super stars to build around which not many teams can say. Then you throw in Jrue who has now built up his trade value while also being a very valuable piece for this team which is a win win. The hardest part is getting those guys and the easy part is adding the finishing pieces imo. We just need to trust the process because this doesn't happen over night but we are close!
    Over at RealGM, an Orlando supporter said that Elfrid Payton has requested a move to NOLA to Magic management.

Could be a sign of things to come. I mean, what players wouldn't want to play off Boogie, AD and Jrue?

I think opposition teams and supporters alike are starting to take the Pels seriously.

Problem with Payton is he is basically Young Rondo. Maybe his defense is better, not sure. But he's not really the type of guard we need.

I’d be ok taking a flier on Payton.

I think at his age he still has plenty of upside and has been steadily improving his whole career. At 23 he still has a few more wrinkles he should realistically add to his game. Defensively he is a major step up from either point guard(and that is saying something because I would say he is above average at best with the sort of notable mental lapses players his age have).

The problem, of course, is how much does he cost? If you are giving up a second rounder or two, yeah, fine, you can buy those back if it doesn’t work out or you are uneasy with giving him a big contract. A first? Nah. Your first should be able to bring a little better back. Either now or in the offseason.

Problem with Payton is he is basically Young Rondo. Maybe his defense is better, not sure. But he's not really the type of guard we need.
    Agree and I am not sure his defense is any better. Pass.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Over at RealGM, an Orlando supporter said that Elfrid Payton has requested a move to NOLA to Magic management.

Could be a sign of things to come. I mean, what players wouldn't want to play off Boogie, AD and Jrue?

I think opposition teams and supporters alike are starting to take the Pels seriously.
    I am so down for that. NOLA boy coming down and wanting to play for us? I'm in.

Thread Information