Pelicans Report

Thread: The 2008 hornets

The 2008 hornets

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/01/24/ch...n-mike-dantoni

Talks about 2008 hornets and Chris Paul time here that year... It's a good read to me. Talks about how close he was with everyone
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

I hate the Spurs and the NBA for that series. The fix was in, and you can't tell me otherwise.

I remember living in Utah during that period from 2006-2009, and when the Hornets came to town I would go to the Delta Center/Energy Solutions Arena wearing my CP3 or DX jerseys and having popcorn thrown at me, or being called names. Those were good times, there is nothing quite like going to an opponents arena sporting your team jersey/colors. Being a villain was much more enjoyable than the outcomes to those games. We only won 1 game in Salt Lake City during the great CP3 vs DWill rivalry, and those refs always swallowed their whistles during those games. Matt Harpring would be strait up molesting DX and Tyson Chandler, and te refs would turn a blind eye.

I remember driving home from work one day listening to David Lock on the radio talking about the impending Hornets vs Spurs series, and he was talking about how the Hornets were a completely different team in the playoffs, and how they weren't the same Hornets we had seen over the previous decade, this team was bound for glory. Hearing an outsider say that was validating, but that final game vs the Spurs changed how I viewed the league. NBA refs, and the league are a step above WWE, and a step below UEFA in terms of credibility. That was our best chance at winning it all, and the league screwed us.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Great read. Thanks for sharing.
    RIP FlyGirl

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I remember having similar 3rd quarter blues issues as we do now when CP3 was here.

Thread Information