Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Let's throw names out there to improve the roster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pels are not contenders.
    Not this season. Maybe never.

Marco can choose from top5.
    Think smaller.

NEW coach!

At this point, with the Lakers, Clippers etc. surging, I don't see us making the playoffs.. It's time for a coaching change, there's no reason this team should only score 81 points in a game...

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    NEW coach!
    Seconded!

This team needs to sign Mario Henzonja in FA and go after Evan Fournier by sending Orlando our 1st round pick this summer. Henzonja is going to be the steal of FA this year on what will be a great contract. Unless he keeps lighting it up to finish the season now that he is starting with Gordon out. Fournier is the closest thing to Klay Thompson in the NBA and would be the perfect fit here for what we want at SG. He would thrive as the 3A/3B option here instead of being 1A/1B with the Magic.

This starting group would be incredible offensively with potential to be dominant. If we could somehow move Hill and keep Moore for the bench this team could be scary. Not to mention if Jackson can be a solid player along with Diallo would be a huge boost for this team. We desperately need some luck on our side.
    Jrue/Fournier/Henzonja/AD/Boogie
    Jackson/Moore/Miller/Mirotic/Diallo

Just say we find a taker for Hill while being able to keep the rest of the team intact.. as realistic options who would you package draft picks for through a trade along with 1 or 2 bargain FAs that would improve this team?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    This team needs to sign Mario Henzonja in FA and go after Evan Fournier by sending Orlando our 1st round pick this summer. Henzonja is going to be the steal of FA this year on what will be a great contract. Unless he keeps lighting it up to finish the season now that he is starting with Gordon out. Fournier is the closest thing to Klay Thompson in the NBA and would be the perfect fit here for what we want at SG. He would thrive as the 3A/3B option here instead of being 1A/1B with the Magic.

This starting group would be incredible offensively with potential to be dominant. If we could somehow move Hill and keep Moore for the bench this team could be scary. Not to mention if Jackson can be a solid player along with Diallo would be a huge boost for this team. We desperately need some luck on our side.
    Jrue/Fournier/Henzonja/AD/Boogie
    Jackson/Moore/Miller/Mirotic/Diallo

Just say we find a taker for Hill while being able to keep the rest of the team intact.. as realistic options who would you package draft picks for through a trade along with 1 or 2 bargain FAs that would improve this team?
    What 1st round pick are you referring to?

I wonder what it would take to get someone like Lillard.. I have a feeling he's going to force his way out of there sooner or later. Would Holiday, Diallo, and a 1st be enough? I think that would be a great deal for them. Maybe a 3rd team involved to take on Jrue but he would fit great next to CJ. I feel Lillard would be one of those few players that instantly by himself turns this team into a serious championship contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    What 1st round pick are you referring to?

David Fizdale? Jeff Van Gundy? Chris Fleming?

Or just hire Mike Zarren and let him pick the path.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 02-10-2018 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    David Fizdale? Jeff Van Gundy? Chris Fleming?

Or just hire Mike Zarren and let him pick the path.
    Fletcher suggested Kevin McHale on Twitter. Might be worth looking into since he’s familiar with big men.

Henzonja with another big game since being inserted in the starting lineup. Kid is going to draw some interest in FA. I could see Dell go after him hard with his interest in Euro players. Kid is going to be a star.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Henzonja with another big game since being inserted in the starting lineup. Kid is going to draw some interest in FA. I could see Dell go after him hard with his interest in Euro players. Kid is going to be a star.
    He'll get like 4/52 or even more. We can't match that without giving up Moore

*hint hint Dell*

Not that he would even come here, but do you think Derrick Rose has anything left in the tank that could help this team?

TROY WILLIAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Not that he would even come here, but do you think Derrick Rose has anything left in the tank that could help this team?
    Not more than Rondo. No.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    TROY WILLIAMS
    Not anymore. Rockets have reconsidered and will not waive him.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

*hint hint Dell*
    I would get rid of Moore in a New York second for this kid.. has the versatility to play SG, SF, and PF giving us a lot of roster flexibility. He also has star potential and is only going to get better with how young he is. He will be able to grow with our core as well while Moore is headed out of his prime. I think Hill can be moved this summer. Maybe Orlando will do a sign and trade.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

*hint hint Dell*
    I'd be really surprised if he gets that much, and I'm not sure he's worth paying him more than Moore.

So when do the buy outs start?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    So when do the buy outs start?

How long does the buyout market period last?
    The buyout market is technically always open, but it’s most active after the NBA trade deadline passes. That’s when contenders look for one last chance to bolster their rosters.

The buyout market period effectively ends on March 1, because that is the last day teams any bought-out player can find a new club to be eligible to compete in the playoffs. Buyout market free agents differ from regular free agents who never signed with a team during or ahead of the regular season

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    How long does the buyout market period last?
    The buyout market is technically always open, but it’s most active after the NBA trade deadline passes. That’s when contenders look for one last chance to bolster their rosters.

The buyout market period effectively ends on March 1, because that is the last day teams any bought-out player can find a new club to be eligible to compete in the playoffs. Buyout market free agents differ from regular free agents who never signed with a team during or ahead of the regular season
    Ahh okay cool to know

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    Not anymore. Rockets have reconsidered and will not waive him.
    He has been waived apparently now!

Jonathan Feigen: Joe Johnson will sign today, be available tonight, source said. Rockets will waive Troy Williams to open the roster spot. – via Twitter Jonathan_Feigen

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    He has been waived apparently now!

Jonathan Feigen: Joe Johnson will sign today, be available tonight, source said. Rockets will waive Troy Williams to open the roster spot. – via Twitter Jonathan_Feigen
    I would sign him then.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I’m confused. Did the rockets sign joe Johnson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information