Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's throw names out there to improve the roster

Let's throw names out there to improve the roster

Let's talk about players that might be available by trade or free agency this season that you haven't seen mentioned here much if at all even if you don't have a feeling of whether it'd be good or not.

Monta Ellis, Zach Randolph, Boris Diaw (can he get out of his French team if he wanted to come back to the NBA?).
    Last edited by Hornet Blood; 01-25-2018 at 08:10 PM.

I can name guys but we don't have the assets to get them so it would be pointless
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Trade Asik, Ajinca, and Hill, and call up LBJ and see if he would take a Durant type of discount

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Trade Asik, Ajinca, and Hill, and call up LBJ and see if he would take a Durant type of discount
    First, who in their right mind would take those 3 from us? Lol.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    First, who in their right mind would take those 3 from us? Lol.
    Cavs are not in their right mind
    Basketball.

Julius Randle, maybe?

Rodney Hood
    Evan Fournier
    Jordan Clarkson
    Julius Randle

All of these guys are said to be on the trade block and all of them are attainable imo. We have the assets to get a deal done for any of these players. We have a nice supply of trade pieces with Diallo, Jackson, and all of our draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Rodney Hood
    Evan Fournier
    Jordan Clarkson
    Julius Randle

All of these guys are said to be on the trade block and all of them are attainable imo. We have the assets to get a deal done for any of these players. We have a nice supply of trade pieces with Diallo, Jackson, and all of our draft picks.
    We might value Diallo but other teams don't and we can't put value on Jackson if he hasn't even stepped on the court yet

I'm not sure if a 1 or a 2 is better next to Jrue now.

Temple went ham today, Sac Town might want to get rid of him to advance the tank

Like Payton as well

Well, if LBJ leaves, then the Cavs would immediately go into rebuild mode... Asik and Ajinca would both become expirings, so they may take them off our hands for a 1st and another piece

Monroe and, if Cleveland go at George Hill using Shump/Frye, I couls see ud grabbing Frye off waivers or even dumping salary to facilitate. Not 'great' additions but I think if its cheap and doesnt cost a 1st rounder then do it

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Rodney Hood
    Evan Fournier
    Jordan Clarkson
    Julius Randle

Hey man I been trying to contact you like forever. Can you free up your PM messages?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Monroe and, if Cleveland go at George Hill using Shump/Frye, I couls see ud grabbing Frye off waivers or even dumping salary to facilitate. Not 'great' additions but I think if its cheap and doesnt cost a 1st rounder then do it
    He'd have to clear waivers for us to be able to grab him. His 7m+ contract just wouldn't fit. We'd have to trade a player even to sign him to a vet minimum. We are that close to the hard cap.

Pels do have a $2.8mil injury exception due to Ajinca, but if I remember correctly that can only be used all at once for a single player with an equal or lesser salary. I.e. no combining it with other salaries to reach a desired number. Could be used to get a guy making $2.4mil, but not one making $3.0mil.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I'm not sure if a 1 or a 2 is better next to Jrue now.

Temple went ham today, Sac Town might want to get rid of him to advance the tank

Like Payton as well
    I watched Temple all last year and really liked him. Boogie did too. Offensive production is just a mystery with him, but he's got size, works really hard on defense, and he's a really good lockerroom guy. That was why the Kings kept him -- great vet leader type. Does blow a ton of fastbreak layups. though.

Thing is with a guy like Temple...at some point the Pels would have to make some choices with all the bodies stacked up at those positions. Now I think you could legitimately use Temple next to Jrue as the other half-PG player. Combined with Boogie's passing, you'd get a lot of ball movement, and have a ton more size and defense. But if you did that obviously you have to figure out what to do with Rondo, Nelson, Clark, Moore, Jrue, Allen, Miller and Hill. Just going to be a ton of bodies stacked up there soon, and so it might not be about adding in even more bodies so much as it will be about swapping in a new guy for a current guy.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 01-24-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Hey man I been trying to contact you like forever. Can you free up your PM messages?
    All clear my dude!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    What about John Wall

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    What about John Wall
    Too big of a contract now. I'm not even sure he can be traded right now since he signed the designated player exception and that doesn't kick in for another season. Seems that'd be a way around a team only having 1 designated player if he could be traded already.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 01-24-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Honest question, what is Derron Williams up to? We still need pg help, and he isn't on any teams yet. Is he just waiting for the field to play out, and then he will sign with a team primed to win a title?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Honest question, what is Derron Williams up to? We still need pg help, and he isn't on any teams yet. Is he just waiting for the field to play out, and then he will sign with a team primed to win a title?
    He was really bad for Cavs last year, probably satisfied with his career earnings so far and didn't want to go through a full season for just the vet min. that was offered from a few bad teams. Probably same with Monta Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    He was really bad for Cavs last year, probably satisfied with his career earnings so far and didn't want to go through a full season for just the vet min. that was offered from a few bad teams. Probably same with Monta Ellis
    Makes sense. wouldn't say that he played poorly, and I am not sure how much of his play in Cleveland was attributed to him, and how much of it was Cleveland being Cleveland. There are a lot of problems with that team, and Deron's numbers weren't bad, and didn't drop off (in many cases they improved) when he got to Cleveland.

I would bring in both D-Will and Monta if they are interested in playing towards the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Pels do have a $2.8mil injury exception due to Ajinca, but if I remember correctly that can only be used all at once for a single player with an equal or lesser salary. I.e. no combining it with other salaries to reach a desired number. Could be used to get a guy making $2.4mil, but not one making $3.0mil.
    Even so, using the full amount would cause tax issues, would it not? I seem to recall the exception does not save a team from the luxury tax limits.

we would almost do better cutting ajinca and asik and getting 2 vet minimum guys....

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    All I want is Rodney Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by shanetrain93 View Post
    All I want is Rodney Hood.
    Yea I have wanted him for a while.. funny thing is somebody on this board tried to bash me for mentioning him being traded away from the Jazz lol. He was somehow untouchable which is obviously not the case. Gonna have to go dig and find who that was haha. Hood is exactly what this team needs imo. With the addition of Hood this team would be a bench player or 2 away from being a serious problem for the top teams.

Thread Information