Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trade for Mirotic

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The only way AD and Cousins will be able to have enough energy during the playoffs is if they don't have to play 40 minutes a game during the regular season.

I would be happy with a 3rd guard as well. Some of the benefit of Hill is his ability to defend 1-4 so we could even use him at SG sometimes. Still, Kemba would be nice.
    I'm thinking if we can target another PG/SG who is atleast average defensively we maybe able to get a big on the waiver wire after the deadline.

Someone like Bogut would be ideal.
    Has a relationship with Gentry, is a good defender and can pass the ball.

Would love to add Mirotic to this team but would rather dangle that pick for some other players. If Mirotic would be possible to land as our 2nd big acquisition then this team could really take off. We are so close to being a serious contender but at the same time so far haha.

What do y'all think about Jordan Clarkson? I think he would be a perfect fit here and give us a nice young scoring guard off the bench. He has 2 years $25 million on his contract after this season. If signed this off season would probably get near $20 million. I think he would be a great addition while still being a very moveable piece after this season if we decide to do so.

I still have Rodney Hood and Evan Fournier at the top of my list. I think either one of those players would be exactly what this team needs to take the next step forward. You plug one of those guys in while adding to the bench this off season and this team can be scary. We are missing another scoring threat in the starting lineup and on the bench along with a solid backup big. We need to be aggressive and go after one of these guys now. We can try to address the other needs on the trade market as well or we have to wait until the offseason. With Solo coming back as well the addition of 1 more player would be a drastic improvement to our bench with someone like Moore running with the 2nd unit.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 01-24-2018 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    What do y'all think about Jordan Clarkson? I think he would be a perfect fit here and give us a nice young scoring guard off the bench. He has 2 years $25 million on his contract after this season. If signed this off season would probably get near $20 million. I think he would be a great addition while still being a very moveable piece after this season if we decide to do so.
    I like the guy. I thought I heard a couple weeks ago that they were looking to trade him.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    I like the guy. I thought I heard a couple weeks ago that they were looking to trade him.
    Yea the rumors are they have Clarkson, Randle, and Nance Jr. on the trade block. Man adding Clarkson and Randle would be incredible. Randle would fit great with both AD and Cousins giving us a very solid big on the bench. He reminds me of Draymon Green in a way with a slightly different skill set. Then Clarkson gives us a combo guards who gives us instant points on the bench while being a solid distributor as well. Can play alongside any of our guards and be a much better addition to our small ball lineup in place of Rondo alongside Jrue and Moore.

Yea the rumors are they have Clarkson, Randle, and Nance Jr. on the trade block. Man adding Clarkson and Randle would be incredible. Randle would fit great with both AD and Cousins giving us a very solid big on the bench. He reminds me of Draymon Green in a way with a slightly different skill set. Then Clarkson gives us a combo guards who gives us instant points on the bench while being a solid distributor as well. Can play alongside any of our guards and be a much better addition to our small ball lineup in place of Rondo alongside Jrue and Moore.
    I agree. I've been watching the Lakers almost as much as the Pels this year. Randle would be a cool pickup.

Like Randle, but he is up for a huge contract, so he would be a 30-35 game rental.

we need to be happy with our big three (who are killing it btw) and moore + miller. we can get solid contributions from SOLO when he returns. we have no $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thread Information