Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: Pels VS Bulls

Quote from AD after the game:

We can’t flip a switch. We (are) not good enough for a switch. We just decided to play defense.
    Umm, that sounds like the definition of flipping a switch to me? Flipping the defense switch from off to on?

Last edited by AusPel; 01-23-2018 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Quote from AD after the game:

Umm, that sounds like the definition of flipping a switch to me? Flipping the defense swtich from off to on?

It does sound that way but I'd have to see the full conversation. It feels like context is missing.

I re-watch the end of the game this morning. The defense to end it was just absolutely amazing.

Jrue had good defense but around the 5:25 mark in the 4th he got called for a foul where he got absolutely pissed that they called it on him and he walked and talked to two different refs while the free throw were being shot.

The very next defensive possession Jrue started full court pressing Grant and absolutely shut him down.

What I hadn't noticed last night was after the Pels cut it to 10 the Bulls called a time out and Moore switched with Jrue and he started pressing Grant too. Moore's defense throughout the rest of this game was really good. Moore deserves props for it. Between him and Jrue their guards were just shut down at the end.

Another outstanding sequence happened with under a minute left where Jrue had an amazing defensive possession on Lavigne and blocked the shot with Cousins grabbing the rebound. On the other end we run a play for Miller that was short but Moore grabbed the rebound and Jrue hit the wide open 3 to tie it. Cousins gets a steal and fouled, putting us up by two. Bulls tie. Next offensive possession Jrue hits AD on a curl to the basket for an alley oops. Then the Justin 3pt foul happened.

For any fan of just basketball that last minute was just insane.

If people can, I'd suggest going back and watching that end of the 4th. We went on a 24 to 4 run with amazing basketball.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 01-23-2018 at 08:59 AM.

Jrue was incredible last night . I was against giving Jrue that contract but he has been worth his contract. He’s gotta be one of the best two way players in the NBA . He is playing with a lot of fire and passion
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gerrity View Post
    Being a New Orleans sports fan has been a roller coaster of emotions lately. One of the wilder games I've been to. I'm glad a lot of fans stuck around until the end to give the team a proper ovation, and the refs a proper booing as well.
    Some of the loudest moments were those boos for the refs. Where were your seats?
    RIP FlyGirl

That no look over the head pass to an open 3'Twaun who bricked it was gonna be the pass of the season. Oh man if that had have gone down

Jrue looked like an all pro defender 4th and on. if the bench is going to suck thus bad, he has to do it all game.

Gentry has to be smarter to get Asik or Dialo in a few more minutes to rest boogie and AD without catastrophe

What a great game. If we can just bottle that stuff up in the 4th, we can beat anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Only thing I can think is maybe they are trying to hold on until Hill comes back to make the move with Rondo. Maybe like a pride thing, to give him an excuse to accept it.

They also maybe want to keep Miller coming off the bench. Hill's return is going to be very important.
    Yea you're it's tough with or depth to take Miller away from the bench. If we can find one thing at the trade deadline we need a scorer on the bench. Like some say around here it matters who we finish with and in that sense it has been encouraging not to see Rondo with that group. I still feel like we need our best lineup on the floor to start the games and stagger the units from there while going back to that starting unit. This is the reason we see so many slow starts where we fall way behind or to start the 2nd half we get blown out to them again have to make a double digit come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I re-watch the end of the game this morning. The defense to end it was just absolutely amazing.

Jrue had good defense but around the 5:25 mark in the 4th he got called for a foul where he got absolutely pissed that they called it on him and he walked and talked to two different refs while the free throw were being shot.

The very next defensive possession Jrue started full court pressing Grant and absolutely shut him down.

What I hadn't noticed last night was after the Pels cut it to 10 the Bulls called a time out and Moore switched with Jrue and he started pressing Grant too. Moore's defense throughout the rest of this game was really good. Moore deserves props for it. Between him and Jrue their guards were just shut down at the end.

Another outstanding sequence happened with under a minute left where Jrue had an amazing defensive possession on Lavigne and blocked the shot with Cousins grabbing the rebound. On the other end we run a play for Miller that was short but Moore grabbed the rebound and Jrue hit the wide open 3 to tie it. Cousins gets a steal and fouled, putting us up by two. Bulls tie. Next offensive possession Jrue hits AD on a curl to the basket for an alley oops. Then the Justin 3pt foul happened.

For any fan of just basketball that last minute was just insane.

If people can, I'd suggest going back and watching that end of the 4th. We went on a 24 to 4 run with amazing basketball.
    Yea the defense really was incredible. I understand they can't play with that type of energy for a full game but just like Wesley said if they can somehow consistently play with good energy or D would be much different. The most impressive thing though was how well they executed without breaking down once. They played flawless and watching that D was as fun as any offense exploding.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Jrue was incredible last night . I was against giving Jrue that contract but he has been worth his contract. He’s gotta be one of the best two way players in the NBA . He is playing with a lot of fire and passion
    kinda makes me want to troll gkat and mackel for being horrible sports people.

Thread Information