Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Pels VS Bulls

All-Star
    That inbound play baseline was well designed to create a good shot ! Gentry showing some good things off the drawing board lately

Tonight is yet another example of why you don't trade Jrue for CJ. Jrue's defense is what sparked this entire thing. The last 15 minutes of the game he played some of the best defense I've ever seen by a guard.

Credit to him for carrying the team on the defensive end and Cousins for carrying them on the offensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Tonight is yet another example of why you don't trade Jrue for CJ. Jrue's defense is what sparked this entire thing. The last 15 minutes of the game he played some of the best defense I've ever seen by a guard.

Credit to him for carrying the team on the defensive end and Cousins for carrying them on the offensive end.
    Jrue turned into Gary Payton for 20 minutes
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Rondo has been very disappointing really
    It's really unfortunate.

It certainly feels like we are basically handicapping ourselves by spotting the other team a pile of points every game. Not to dwell on negatives of what was the most incredible win of the season, maybe even in the last few seasons but.....

I mean look at the lineups we roll out with the most:

Our starting unit is a net negative. Frankly every major Rondo lineup has been a net negative unfortunately.

If you break down the lineups even more, the starting unit in the first quarter is a perfect 0.00 in net rating. In the third quarter? -15

Unfortunately, we seem to basically just be buying time until Rondo gets off the court to have a chance at a net positive unit.

Our strongest unit has honestly become the Jrue, Moore, Miller, Davis, and Cousins. The nothing cute, just lining up your best players at their respective positions and going to battle.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 01-22-2018 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Trying to fix the sizing of the picture.

That 138 def rating loooooooool

Now Kemba replacing Rondo next to Jrue??......Yes please

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I'm greedy so I'm super down with that.

And it's also another example of why you need a player like CJ on this team. Jrue played great defense, but on the offensive end, you simply don't know what you're going to get from him. We needed all of Boogie's massive triple double to beat the Bulls in double OT. Having another scorer/playmaker to take the load off Boogie would have been huge. You can't rely on Jrue to be that guy when the moment counts. He's too inconsistent. You hear it all the time from AD and Boogie. They beg him to be more aggressive, but he let's up regularly and makes some silly and costly decisions in the process.

Yes, Jrue played a great game on the defensive end, granted against mediocre talent. But his skillset is more replacable than CJ's and less valued around the league. Especially when you're talking about the defensive anchor of the 23rd ranked team in defensive rating.

Again, it's not bashing Jrue as a player. He has undoubtedly taken noticeable steps in the right direction and made me less nervous about his trade value moving forward. It's about juxtaposing the two players and figuring out which one would be a better fit for this team now and moving forward. You know where I stand on this, and tonight served as an illustration of why that's the case.

Boogie is going to feel all 52 minutes of that game tomorrow night.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 01-23-2018 at 12:33 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    That would be amazing and obviously the preferred outcome. Not going to happen though.

I believe I said Rondo needed to leave the starting lineup months ago.. exactly what I said was we are letting teams get a chance to put a lead on the board to start every game and coming out from half. Need to replace Rondo with Miller and add something to our bench through a trade. Man Lou Williams would be perfect for this team.

Also said Jrue was going to break out this year. Finally for once he had a full off season to work on his game instead of rehabbing some nagging injury. Jrue has been worth every penny of his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    And it's also a good example of why you need a player like CJ. Jrue played great defense, but on the offensive end, you simply don't know what you're going to get from him. We needed all of Boogie's massive triple double to beat the Bulls in double OT. Having another scorer/playmaker to take the load off Boogie would have been huge. You can't rely on Jrue to be that guy when the moment counts. He's too inconsistent. You hear it all the time from AD and Boogie. They beg him to be more aggressive, but he let's up regularly and makes some silly and costly decisions in the process.

Yes, Jrue played a great game on the defensive end, granted against mediocre talent. But his skillset is more replacable than CJ's and less valued around the league. Especially when you're talking about the defensive anchor of the 23rd ranked team in defensive rating.

Sure, just not in place of Jrue. He is a top 5 defensive guard in the league, probably closer to top 3. He is ALOT harder to replace than a scorer.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 01-23-2018 at 12:32 AM.

Sure, just not in place of Jrue. He is a top 5 defensive guard in the league, probably closer to top 3. He is ALOT harder to replace than a scorer.
    I disagree, but as usual, it's because we value what both players contribute on a regular basis differently. I'm ok with that. You apparently are not, seeing that this topic is being brought up by you in a Pels v. Bulls thread.

Blog Entries
    Being a New Orleans sports fan has been a roller coaster of emotions lately. One of the wilder games I've been to. I'm glad a lot of fans stuck around until the end to give the team a proper ovation, and the refs a proper booing as well.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gerrity View Post
    Being a New Orleans sports fan has been a roller coaster of emotions lately. One of the wilder games I've been to. I'm glad a lot of fans stuck around until the end to give the team a proper ovation, and the refs a proper booing as well.
    It was a fantastic game. I didn't have the opportunity to attend the game live, but it sure looked like the fans created a great home atmposhphere. The Pels deserved that tonight for their late-game efforts, beating two teams in the process.

And it's also another example of why you need a player like CJ on this team. Jrue played great defense, but on the offensive end, you simply don't know what you're going to get from him. We needed all of Boogie's massive triple double to beat the Bulls in double OT. Having another scorer/playmaker to take the load off Boogie would have been huge. You can't rely on Jrue to be that guy when the moment counts. He's too inconsistent. You hear it all the time from AD and Boogie. They beg him to be more aggressive, but he let's up regularly and makes some silly and costly decisions in the process.

Again, it's not bashing Jrue as a player. He has undoubtedly taken noticeable steps in the right direction and made me less nervous about his trade value moving forward. It's about juxtaposing the two players and figuring out which one would be a better fit for this team now and moving forward. You know where I stand on this, and tonight served as an illustration of why that's the case.

CJ had 12 points on 3/14 shooting and yet you bring up the consistency argument

Ok breh

Yep, nice to come out on the winning end of one like this after so many falling the other way.

Definitely had my doubts every step of the way given how things have seemed to fall for New Orleans franchises recently.

I disagree, but as usual, it's because we value what both players contribute on a regular basis differently. I'm ok with that. You apparently are not, seeing that this topic is being brought up by you in a Pels v. Bulls thread.
    I'm acknowledging Jrue's masterful work on defense this game. We lose this game without what he did on the defensive end. He deserves credit for that. Same as Cousins (and AD) deserves credit for his offensive game. It's pretty telling when Cousins after the game specifically singles out Jrue's defense as the thing that got them going at the end.

People disagree all the time, I don't care that we have different opinions on this, it's fine. This game is just another example of why I value Jrue's game so much. Nothing wrong with giving him his due. I think everyone would agree he's earned it tonight.

CJ had 12 points on 3/14 shooting and yet you bring up the consistency argument

Ok breh
    Wall had 11 points and 4 assists on 26% shooting tonight. He's so inconsistent!!!

Looking at box scores on NBA.com is so hard.

I'm acknowledging Jrue's masterful work on defense this game. We lose this game without what he did on the defensive end. He deserves credit for that. Same as Cousins (and AD) deserves credit for his offensive game. It's pretty telling when Cousins after the game specifically singles out Jrue's defense as the thing that got them going at the end.

People disagree all the time, I don't care that we have different opinions on this, it's fine. This game is just another example of why I value Jrue's game so much. Nothing wrong with giving him his due. I think everyone would agree he's earned it tonight.
    And you couldn't have acknowledged that without mentioning CJ?

That's nice to hear, the team deserved it tonight. Hopefully they don't pull a Minnesota on Wednesday.

#MinnesotaMeltdown

Wall had 11 points and 4 assists on 26% shooting tonight. He's so inconsistent!!!

Looking at box scores on NBA.com is so hard.
    You don't even have a clue what you're talking about anymore. Sad

You don't even have a clue what you're talking about anymore. Sad
    Lmao, that's rich coming from you.

And we have a HOF point guard too still in his primeish
    Rondo has been very disappointing really
    I have so much more respect for people like Mythrol, who actually communicates his differences with something of substance, backed up by original thought and deliberate consideration. You, on the other hand, just scroll through NBA.com boxscores, resort to personal attacks, and play the role of the rose glasses yes man. Don't like what I have to say? Ignore me. You would be doing us both a favor.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 01-23-2018 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I believe I said Rondo needed to leave the starting lineup months ago.. exactly what I said was we are letting teams get a chance to put a lead on the board to start every game and coming out from half. Need to replace Rondo with Miller and add something to our bench through a trade. Man Lou Williams would be perfect for this team.

Also said Jrue was going to break out this year. Finally for once he had a full off season to work on his game instead of rehabbing some nagging injury. Jrue has been worth every penny of his contract.
    Only thing I can think is maybe they are trying to hold on until Hill comes back to make the move with Rondo. Maybe like a pride thing, to give him an excuse to accept it.

They also maybe want to keep Miller coming off the bench. Hill's return is going to be very important.

Only thing I can think is maybe they are trying to hold on until Hill comes back to make the move with Rondo. Maybe like a pride thing, to give him an excuse to accept it.

They also maybe want to keep Miller coming off the bench. Hill's return is going to be very important.
    Probably has more to do with the latter. I remember Kumar making a good point about how adjusting the starting lineup could have a negative impact on other rotations downstream that actually play more efficiently together.

Either way, as you noted, roster additions are going to necessitate some changes.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 01-23-2018 at 01:34 AM.

Thread Information