Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Frank Jackson Update

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Still on the roster in Utah right?

Edit: Just checked, apparently on the team in Dallas and kind of sucking.
    No he's a free agent, he was waived by dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    No he's a free agent, he was waived by dallas.
    Well that. Makes total sense.

He was engaged to a playboy playmate, so his life doesn't completely suck...or maybe it does.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Look behind Rondo around 2:00. That's all I got.

Is that Jackson and Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Is that Jackson and Hill?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Yes.
    Good to see they at least shooting

I can hear Hill and Jackson tickling the twine. Swish!
    RIP FlyGirl

https://twitter.com/DruProductions/s...17482463674368

https://twitter.com/DruProductions/s...21544345108482

https://twitter.com/DruProductions/s...20201324810241

Just found this on reddit.. Looks like he's able to plant off that foot and shoot with No pain. Could be a good sign for a return soon
    Last edited by soggymoss; 01-28-2018 at 09:15 AM.

per rotoworld:

Frank Jackson said he has been increasing his rehab activity recently, including some spot shooting and lifting weights.
    Jackson, the No. 31 overall pick in the 2017 draft, underwent successful surgery to repair a fifth metatarsal fracture in his right foot back on September 1st. He was initially expected to miss 3-4 months. He is hopeful that he can return to the court in January. However, even when fully healthy, Jackson will have a difficult time securing consistent playing time in the Pelicans crowded backcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    per rotoworld:

Frank Jackson said he has been increasing his rehab activity recently, including some spot shooting and lifting weights.
    Jackson, the No. 31 overall pick in the 2017 draft, underwent successful surgery to repair a fifth metatarsal fracture in his right foot back on September 1st. He was initially expected to miss 3-4 months. He is hopeful that he can return to the court in January. However, even when fully healthy, Jackson will have a difficult time securing consistent playing time in the Pelicans crowded backcourt.
    Well it's now February

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'd hardly call our backcourt crowded in a talent sense. If Jackson is a true talent when it comes to scoring, he can add a dimension to our bench we just don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'd hardly call our backcourt crowded in a talent sense. If Jackson is a true talent when it comes to scoring, he can add a dimension to our bench we just don't have.
    Or become a nice trade piece, or make Clark expendable

Exactly! We have a crowded back court but if the kid shows he's ready he very possibly could be the 1st guard off the bench.. guys like Nelson and Rondo are 2 very good vets to help this kid learn the game. I think Jackson is going to be a very good player for this team. Has the potential to be a CJ McCollum clone just a much better athlete and defender.

If he can make Nelson redundant, I'd love that. He's taller, longer, more athletic, and has the potential to be a much better defensive player. Especially if he's learning from Jrue.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Or become a nice trade piece, or make Clark expendable
    Honestly my goal for the guy is to just be a better version of Ian Clark.

I'm not really expecting starter material out of the guy, especially not in his rookie or sophomore season. If by this time next year he can give us what Ian Clark has done, that is good in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If he can make Nelson redundant, I'd love that. He's taller, longer, more athletic, and has the potential to be a much better defensive player. Especially if he's learning from Jrue.
    Nelson is a very good vet to have as an end of the bench who on most nights doesn't see minutes. but can provide a nice spark while helping mentor someone like Jackson.

I think some people are under rating this kids athleticism and defensive ability. He is no doubt one of the more explosive leapers in the NBA with potential to be a very good defender. He already had one of the prettier shots I have seen and since working on shooting has basically been all he has done since he got here he should shoot 40%+ from the 3 all day. Really can't wait for this kid to come back. IMO he will show very quickly he is our 3rd best guard. Without the injury he would have been a potential lotto pick as a freshman.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 02-01-2018 at 12:27 AM.

Thread Information